• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone still around here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two bad apples spoiling the barrel, I never had a cross word with anyone on there till now. CG8 is just a nut case, Ron is an a$$hat.

Yall Pm the Sane ones and tell them to come here. let the other stay and they can have the playground all to them selves while the adults have civilized conversations . It should be a win win for macon rather than all us just quitting or taking off to another board

backhoeboogie said:
TexasBred is a member here. Uses that name here. He don't like me. His banter has gone on for years. It ain't no big thing.

If I want him to say the light is red, I just say it's green.

Someone said "TB" on Cattle Today, so I was trying to figure out who TB was. I was wrong. No harm intended. :D

m5farm said:
I agree , I think most forget that everything that is typed is preserved forever or as long as there is an internet. I've said some things I prolly shouldn't have but at the end of the day I am not going to let a forum or facebook dictate my life. I have been using forums since I got a desktop in the 90's. I enjoy them and the interaction is far better than another kind of social media. I Also don't get why so many people have to judge a person by what they have or don't have. Like for instance here. I had someone say that Ranchers was mainly for people with Large ranches while the term may apply if you manage 10 head or 10k head the basic principles apply . "grass in front , Bull Behind" the Ag community should support The Hobby guy that just wants to say he has cows or the Part time guy that says I can only manage 50 head and work a day job .

We have everyone here and no one gets heckled, that I can remember, for the size of their operation. Maybe for color of cows, or for feeding or not feeding mineral :D :D :D or NCBA vs RCalf, but that's about it. Pretty much no one holds grudges, or if they do we aren't aware of it.

Actually, it's been a great learning place for many. Questions get answered and/or debated. Pretty darn nice to get more than one view on things.

There aren't many women left here...myself and mrj...that's about it.

Sure would be nice to get the Photo Contest going again, but I'd need some help with it. It kinda died and that's too bad. It was fun. We had a weekly contest where members could vote on their favorite photo and we announced the winner. It added a lot to the forum, I think.

There are some Fabulous Smart and Tough women on CT . Im going to try and get a few over here Most just want to talk cows and stay away form the BS of the coffee Shop. But an active coffee shop drives traffic

The mineral debate has been settled I thought either to do it right and feed Loose mineral and loose salt or do it wrong and not feed mineral and salt.

m5farm said:
There are some Fabulous Smart and Tough women on CT . Im going to try and get a few over here Most just want to talk cows and stay away form the BS of the coffee Shop. But an active coffee shop drives traffic

We lost a lot of cattlewomen thru the years. Good ones.

Ol' 243 said:
m5farm said:
Ol' 243 said:
I sent CG8 a PM and let her know we were over here.
I know where wedowee is at and it won't be dream

I knew that would stir yo a $$ up. :lol:

She won't last here. Lammie left here and came back to CT saying, "those people are just mean".

CG8's dumbass comments won't be deleted here. When she tells a lie on page 2 but forgets it on page 4, it will remain. Forever.

I always enjoyed the candor ofvthis forum , I just never commented much

I've been here almost since the beginning, I'm with FH in that I don't remember anybody getting slammed for the size of their place or the number of cows.
We have lots of very knowledgeable people here from different areas with ideas that work for them and could quite possibly work for us.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I've been here almost since the beginning, I'm with FH in that I don't remember anybody getting slammed for the size of their place or the number of cows.
We have lots of very knowledgeable people here from different areas with ideas that work for them and could quite possibly work for us.
I know back years ago y'all were alot more active than CT , I didn't like the format and once it was changed to current one I would come more often but the traffic was non existent

Big Muddy rancher said:

I didn't start here until 10 years ago. Used the same name as CT. I used to get tickled at people who had one name here and a different name there. Someone would be arguing like hades here and then telling the same person about it over in CT. It was hilarious.

I signed up a few years ago but only made a post or two. At the time I was in the peak of my AI career and CT had a lot more people asking questions and discussing that so I wound up over there most of the time. Now I'd be happy if everyone were to forget that I know anything about it and running cows is the bulk of my income (bees are the other main source bhb) so I don't have much reason to continue to put up with the drama over there.

cow pollinater said:
I signed up a few years ago but only made a post or two. At the time I was in the peak of my AI career and CT had a lot more people asking questions and discussing that so I wound up over there most of the time. Now I'd be happy if everyone were to forget that I know anything about it and running cows is the bulk of my income (bees are the other main source bhb) so I don't have much reason to continue to put up with the drama over there.
How would they ever figure it out with a handle like that

cow pollinater said:
(bees are the other main source bhb)

That's good to know C P

I've been reading my ass off. It seems bees are a lot like cattle. Some poor fool like me gets two hives and all of the sudden they are a guru. People posting information that looks credible, but I don't know enough to sort out the BS from the real gems.

Ron has had bees for decades and he got me started. He's been out and coached me as to what I needed to do. I wrote most of it down but should have written more. I did all the physical changes including adding R60 foam insulation and new box covers.

My wife's family had bees so she is familiar with them. But most of her experience is observation or extracting honey in the honey house.

CP 3 years ago we had no bees. My boysenberry and blackberry plants didn't get pollinated. That's why I have bees. I've only got 16 peach trees so they are not a big thing and they seem to come along a little later with their blooming.

Feral bees have been coming the past two years but that is not something I can count on. Having my own is a win/win.

I am not the least bit opposed to advice. I can always take it or leave it. CG8 dialog exchange was not something that interested me.

I am three months in to raising bees. Feeding each hive a gallon each week. They are expanding. Each hive is two boxes. 10 full frames on bottom box and 9 frames and a 1 gallon feeder on top. We rolled the outside frames to the middle of the top box when we added it. Put 4 empty frames on the outside of the bottom box. Each week I notice more and more colony expansion. I haven't been intrusive. Mostly just feeding them. I have supers. I will probably add them next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts