• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Are Cattle Prices High Because of "Tight Supply"?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I don't care either SH. That's my point. I am not a hypocrite. I like calling you names. I like it when you get all riled up. I like it when I know that you need drugs to sleep at night. You are the biggest ass on the internet SH. DO you want me to say that again so that you know I am not a Hypocrite.

Keep telling your fairy tales here on ranchers SH, and keep telling yourself that they are supported with facts. :lol: What a joke. You are the biggest Blamer on this site.

Your opinion is your opinion Gopher Trapper, and that is it.

RK: "You are the biggest ass on the internet SH."

ok! Whatever you say packer blamer!

When you are ready to debate, step up to the plate.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

~SH~

Good night to you too Gopher Trapper.

Hope all your dreams come true, or at least make for some better fairy tales tomorrow.

Randy Wrote
You chase people off this site SH
I couldn't agree more Randy!! Not worth reading anything on here any more because as you say something you just get slammed and critiqued in such a demeaning way.....and without ever receiving any worthwhile input to assist the person/group/idea. Sure people have opinions that we see flaws in, but help them out! Don't just be an arrogant ass, and crap on them. There is something called constructive criticism that would be a giant leap up on here!!!

Econ101 said:
pointrider said:
POP QUIZ

Is it possible for the average price received for a commodity to go up if the total supply of that commodity does not change and the demand for that total number of pounds of commodity does not change?

If you think it can, provide an example of how and when it can happen.

Pointrider, this happens every day. One example of this happening is in the hyperinflation countries. In that instance, all commodities go up because they are bought in a devaluing currency. In fairness, Agman did say in one of his posts he was talking about inflation adjusted. There are other examples too. What are you thinking about?

Congratulations! You are right Econ. It does happen a lot for various reasons. What I wanted to get around to here is the subject of product mix. One product mix can be more valuable on the average than another when the demand for total pounds and the supply of total pounds do not change.

For example, if suddenly 25% of all beef produced were to be sold today as organic beef at higher prices, the average value of the product mix would be substantially higher. Specialty markets and products represent an opportunity for all producers. Some will get in on the game and some will not - for various reasons. Marketing will become more important in the total mix of "beef business" as more niche markets and more niche products are developed.

There have been many examples of successful niche marketing programs in agriculture, and the producer or packer or marketer (or "all of the above") who has a substantial percentage of his business in successful niche marketing programs will have a substantial profit advantage on those who don't. I've seen it with my own eyes for the past 15 years or so.

"The best mix wins!"

Well said pointrider

and in my own opinion, salesbarn(commodity beef) will continue to have the lower value. Leo can't seem to understand that, but does not promote the marketing of "value added" products.

Imports will continue to effect US prices of commodity beef. Give the consumer what they want, source and desired attributes, and that will raise the retail price.

Let the consumer drive this bus, not the salesbarn owners!!! "They're in the backseat, where they can't see the road."

Latest posts