• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Are they that good.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
Caught the end of Sitz's sale bred hiefers were$1800 to $2000 are they that good or is someone plumb nuts.Does this even pencil out?

Anyone buy bulls there what are your thought's.

Good cattle. Used to be known for their tendency to be on the wild side. There is lots of Sitz prefix on stud bulls. They have a lot of cattle that are related so big cattle operations like to buy their bulls for that reason.

Those boys have worked hard and have expanded their operation. Their dad was killed in what I might remember to be a tractor or 4-wheeler wreck several years back. They were in a little financial trouble at that time, or so I heard. You gotta hand it to those boys, they have done a fine job. Added another ranch and have made quite a name for Sitz Angus.

Donna Sitz, their mother, is married to Arvin Arthun and he is a fine fellow. He is a marketing guru, too. Been in advertising for years. I worked for him a little and people had a lot of faith in Arvin. It was fun helping him out. He was a ring man and the advertising manager for Montana Farmer Stockman and then Western Beef Producer. Yes, he is a fine man and I think Sitz's are honest, hard-working people.

Reckon a lot of people think the cattle are that good or they wouldn't sell that high. Some of Sitz well-known cattle are Sitz Alliance 6595, Traveler 8180, Traveler 9929. I know they weren't the breeders of Rainmaker 340, but I think they owned him.

Denny, I guess you could say they have stood the test of time. Lots of great Angus seedstock breeders in Montana and they are among the top.

Faster horses said:
Good cattle. Used to be known for their tendency to be on the wild side. There is lots of Sitz prefix on stud bulls. They have a lot of cattle that are related so big cattle operations like to buy their bulls for that reason.

Those boys have worked hard and have expanded their operation. Their dad was killed in what I might remember to be a tractor or 4-wheeler wreck several years back. They were in a little financial trouble at that time, or so I heard. You gotta hand it to those boys, they have done a fine job. Added another ranch and have made quite a name for Sitz Angus.

Donna Sitz, their mother, is married to Arvin Arthun and he is a fine fellow. He is a marketing guru, too. Been in advertising for years. I worked for him a little and people had a lot of faith in Arvin. It was fun helping him out. He was a ring man and the advertising manager for Montana Farmer Stockman and then Western Beef Producer. Yes, he is a fine man and I think Sitz's are honest, hard-working people.

Reckon a lot of people think the cattle are that good or they wouldn't sell that high. Some of Sitz well-known cattle are Sitz Alliance 6595, Traveler 8180, Traveler 9929. I know they weren't the breeders of Rainmaker 340, but I think they owned him.

Denny, I guess you could say they have stood the test of time. Lots of great Angus seedstock breeders in Montana and they are among the top.
I was hoping they were that good cause there is alot of their semen in my cows right now....

I had a bidding number and tried to buy a couple of bulls off superior but they got too rich for me....

6595 is one good bull. I saw him myself at Hawkeye. He was so gentle and not the biggest bull (which I like) but he sure is thick. And I think he is one of the bulls that outproduce himself.

Sitz Value, he is fairly new, so I'm not familiar with him. Same as with Sitz Tradition.

I'm sure you will be completely happy with the results.

Faster horses said:
6595 is one good bull. I saw him myself at Hawkeye. He was so gentle and not the biggest bull (which I like) but he sure is thick. And I think he is one of the bulls that outproduce himself.

Sitz Value, he is fairly new, so I'm not familiar with him. Same as with Sitz Tradition.

I'm sure you will be completely happy with the results.

Sitz Value is owned by Lindskov Thiel www.ltranch.com I really like him going to use a bunch this year if the calves turn out..

OK, that would be a pedigree that I would go for.

We AI'd first calf heifers to Rainmaker 340 and liked the calves. You do have to be careful with him tho so you keep some thickness. That should be well taken care of with 6802 in there.

I remember Jim Sitz telling me when they first got Rainmaker that he was going to really add to their program. He was really high on Rainmaker. And he is still using Rainmaker offspring today.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts