• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Aug 8 Up North

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Turns out cutting hay is a spectator sport:
utf-8BUGVhY2UgUml2ZXIgQi0yMDExMDgwNy0wMDA1My5qcGc.jpg

Some more pretty healthy windrows:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA4LTAwMDU1LmpwZw.jpg

Replacements enjoying green grass:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA4LTAwMDYwLmpwZw.jpg

More of the same:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA4LTAwMDYxLmpwZw.jpg

Cattle look great Silver and very content. AND that looks like a heck of a crop :D

Fingers crossed for sunny days and no rain so you can get it all put up . :tiphat:

WVGenetics said:
Certainly looks like a dandy stand of feed. May I ask what species of grass would you have in those windrows?

What was seeded there was brome, timothy and alfalfa, and red clover. What came includes these plus quack grass, alsike, white clover and a few otheres :wink:

so are bear in your area like deer are in ours, just thicker than ticks on a dog?
[/quote]

eatbeef said:
so are bear in your area like deer are in ours, just thicker than ticks on a dog?
[/quote]

No shortage of bears here, seems like they're on every corner. Deer tend to get pretty thick too, but numbers are down a bit the last few years. Elk on the other hand are in fact 'thicker than ticks on a dog' :?

Silver said:
eatbeef said:

No shortage of bears here, seems like they're on every corner. Deer tend to get pretty thick too, but numbers are down a bit the last few years. Elk on the other hand are in fact 'thicker than ticks on a dog' :?[/quote]

How much money does a non-resisdent elk tag cost? :wink: :D

leanin' H said:
Silver said:
eatbeef said:

No shortage of bears here, seems like they're on every corner. Deer tend to get pretty thick too, but numbers are down a bit the last few years. Elk on the other hand are in fact 'thicker than ticks on a dog' :?

How much money does a non-resisdent elk tag cost? :wink: :D[/quote]

You just start making travel arrangements and we'll worry about the petty details later. :D

Hey H, I'll meet you up there and we'll both come home with meat. Maybe I better figure out where I am going before I jump at the chance to go Elk hunting in a far off land.

LazyWP said:
Hey H, I'll meet you up there and we'll both come home with meat. Maybe I better figure out where I am going before I jump at the chance to go Elk hunting in a far off land.

Just head for Alaska and stop a little short :wink:

A little change in the haycrop from the last couple of years Silver. :D

Cattle look good everywhere in the rain belt this year, I wish we could share some grass with those that need it.

You Southerners make sure you take a bear and a puppy under each arm when you head back too. That's the deal, Period! :lol:

? what does it really cost for tags for moose & elk .. We have bears & puppies but a couple more wouldnt hurt it they are on the wall.

Getting back in the usa is hard with out tags . need paperwork for puppies .

Everything looks great, Silver. For as dry as you were to start with this spring, the vegetation came on wonderfully. The calves appear big, healthy, and quite content. Thanks for the pics.

Latest posts