• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bachleors how do they do it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Many years back depending on the Day 3 to 15 of us Rodeo Bums lived in one house "Ranch House" - Tom, the first one home started his Bath, #2 was me the cook - #3 started making beds and so on - I was the last to bath - when I was finighed the house was clean and dishs done and it was Bar Time.

And that how it got/gets done!

For 60 some years I been the Cook, sweeper, and bottle washer, Mr Mom and Cowboy - it's hard to Cook for just two - I'm always throwing cooked food out or giving it away :)

I have a pretty goog taster - I can go some place and eat - then go home and cook it.

I like to cook but hate dishes :!:

BMR, the secret is to ride the grub line with neighors and eat out whenever possible. That helps stretch the dish supply out so don't have to do them that often!!!! :twisted: :roll: :p

Paper plates and plastic fork's.

one frying pan the grease can be dumped out you DON'T need to wash it.One time I had mouse track's in the bacon grease then you have to wash.

Denny said:

one frying pan the grease can be dumped out you DON'T need to wash it.One time I had mouse track's in the bacon grease then you have to wash.
You would think the heat would kill the germs. You might have to pick any hair out though.

I absolutely hate housework, would rather be outside doin somethin else. Anything else for that matter LOL
Dishes and cookin I don't mind that much, if I'm not in a hurry. Laundry, dustin, vaccuumin, stuff like that, YUCK!!! But I will say, I"m glad I have a Washin Machine and dryer, a vaccuum cleaner and a dishwasher. Can't imagine havin to do it the "old fashioned way" Plus back in them days, women wore wayyyy more clothes than they do now. Not that they had more outifits, just that there were more layers. UHGggg I'd die in this heat if I hadda wear all that stuff.

Before marryin Mr Lilly he and a friend moved in together......Good grief at the mess the house would be in. And them boy's cookin skills, was sorely lackin. Went in one day and there were pans and stuff in the sink, where they'd cooked (if that's what you wanna call it) they'd taken several different cans of la choy chinese food stuff, and mixed it together......needless to say, that's NOT allowed in my kitchen. LOL

BMR, the secret is to ride the grub line with neighors and eat out whenever possible.

My husband has this theory that they're like coyotes: They're all skinny and mangy and whenever the chance arises they eat until the point of bursting.
(having fed my fair share of bachelors. :lol: )

Denny said:

I met an old bachelor one time that said the heat just makes them mouse tracks fade away. :lol:

Jason said:
Denny said:

I met an old bachelor one time that said the heat just makes them mouse tracks fade away. :lol:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

I was lucky - I was out of 4 years in Air Force for 5 days (at home) when I met 2 brothers from Co. Bob and Tom - - They were from a Big Raching Family - at 12 they were sent to live in the Bunk House with the Old Cowboys were it was clean or else.

In those day San Jose and Oakdale Ca. were big Cowboy Centers in the West - Oakdale for Bull Riders - San Jose (Our House) for Bronc Riders, Bull Doggers, Ropers, and so forth. Several Champions/World Champions out of this group.

Bob/Tom/and I were "clean freeks" at what the girls called the RAT CAMP - Rule was - - Clean & pick-up or get out :!:

Rent was split [so much per day each] - being the Cook everyone else paid for the food and cleaned - I cooked!

Backward House - My Mother has raised in a Hotel/Resterant - everyone in her family cooked and cleaned (I was raised that way) - on Holy-a-days my Uncles and I could take over the Kitchen and the women would go do their thing - No TV at our house Yet :!:

I can cook a few things but when it comes to cleaning house, I draw the line. I just ain't going to do it. Well back, when I was batching it for a few years I hired a maid. Man that was great. She came in one day a week and kept it clean and the clothes washed and had supper on the stove when I came in that evening. The leftovers lasted a few days after.
Once I got a steady girlfriend, I think she got suspects of the maid. You see I had a very good-looking maid just a few years younger then I am. It did not take long for the girlfriend to volunteer to take over the cleaning and washing and I had to fire the maid.
My best advice for bachelors would be to hire the best-looking maid you can find and buy enough clothes to last you for a week.

Faster Horses.........

Did you know the USDA allows a certain percent of mouse pellets in black pepper? :x :x :x

Juan said:
Faster Horses.........

Did you know the USDA allows a certain percent of mouse pellets in black pepper? :x :x :x

Oh ain't that the shits... :wink: :wink: :wink:

One thing I learned is never put the clean dishes away, use them straight out of the dishwasher. When you have used them all its time to fill it and wash again. I think of it like being a trucker (always looking for a load on the way back.)

Latest posts