• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baked eggs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
I am probably the last to know this and may be opening myself up to some mocking and ridicule here, but I used to always have hard-boiled eggs on hand for quick protein snacks. It became a hassle with all that boiling and then all the shelling and losing half the egg white due to impatience or whatever, I quit eating hard-boiled eggs and punishing myself with this labor-intensive process.

That is until I was watching a cooking program out of sheer boredom and saw this method.

Put a dozen eggs in a muffin pan. Preheat your oven to 325 and then once up to temp. put the eggs in for 30 minutes. Take them out and then put them in ice water for 10 minutes. The shells almost fall off. Put in a lidded container and enjoy.

I tried it yesterday and the results were amazing. I wish I had known this years ago.

I prefer my baked eggs with some sugar,ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, evaporated milk, and of course this time of year some pumpkin. I tried some yesterday and the results were amazing. Especially with some whip cream on top.

I am probably the last to know this and may be opening myself up to some mocking and ridicule here, but I used to always have hard-boiled eggs on hand for quick protein snacks. It became a hassle with all that boiling and then all the shelling and losing half the egg white due to impatience or whatever, I quit eating hard-boiled eggs and punishing myself with this labor-intensive process.

That is until I was watching a cooking program out of sheer boredom and saw this method.

Put a dozen eggs in a muffin pan. Preheat your oven to 325 and then once up to temp. put the eggs in for 30 minutes. Take them out and then put them in ice water for 10 minutes. The shells almost fall off. Put in a lidded container and enjoy.

I tried it yesterday and the results were amazing. I wish I had known this years ago.
Thanks for posting that. I read about it too, haven't tried it yet. Many complained that they didn't want to use their oven for 30 minutes to cook eggs that could be steamed or used in the insta-pot. My daughter uses the insta-pot method.

Thanks for posting that. I read about it too, haven't tried it yet. Many complained that they didn't want to use their oven for 30 minutes to cook eggs that could be steamed or used in the insta-pot. My daughter uses the insta-pot method.
I have tried the insta-pot method and it works great but still, they don't peel as nicely as the baked ones. I don't mind using my oven for 30 minutes in the winter. I sure wish I had my old wood cookstove.

I sometimes cook an egg in a little gizmo I put in the microwave. Just started again this winter. I ended up with a little brown egg yesterday and gave it a bit to much time.
Blew up in the microwave. Woke Tammy up egg everywhere inside the microwave.
Egg what was left of it was kind of rubbery.

I sometimes cook an egg in a little gizmo I put in the microwave. Just started again this winter. I ended up with a little brown egg yesterday and gave it a bit to much time.
Blew up in the microwave. Woke Tammy up egg everywhere inside the microwave.
Egg what was left of it was kind of rubbery.
Operator error!!!! 🤣

Latest posts