• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Basin Angus

Help Support Ranchers.net:

canadian angus said:
Little harsh, we have used some of their genetics. Wouldn't call them defective. Fortune was an awesome bull. Was there though when all open cows were being filled with embryos. Silly people felt they were getting a bargain. Had the chance to lease Yellowstone because length of spine made his EPD's to high for most.

Too many people are quick to put down people or operations in a bad time. Look for the good in people!

CA

OT and genetic defects is kinda like NR and EXT....they'll run with it every chance they get. :wink:

There is no telling what is going on at this point..... you never know, they may have gotten an offer they couldn't refuse. Everything is for sale for the right price.

canadian angus said:
Little harsh, we have used some of their genetics. Wouldn't call them defective. Fortune was an awesome bull. Was there though when all open cows were being filled with embryos. Silly people felt they were getting a bargain. Had the chance to lease Yellowstone because length of spine made his EPD's to high for most.

Too many people are quick to put down people or operations in a bad time. Look for the good in people!

CA

I have too-- and was pleased with what I have used...But did not care for the direction they took in the last 20-30 years-- and the heavy use of Precision and 598 breeding --which I have been told left them with a lot of cattle in their herd being potential carriers....
(But thats just my personal preference- altho I am thankful now that I've always been turned off by the Precision breeding)..

I listened to part of the sale on liveauction.tv (refuse to pay the $20 they want so you can view it) -- and from what I heard- and others have told me that were there yesterday- the sale is quite strong...Which is good for the Stevensons...

Can you view this sale on RFD TV? Just curious in case I get a lot of time on my hands today. (Not likely.)

MYT Farms said:
Can you view this sale on RFD TV? Just curious in case I get a lot of time on my hands today. (Not likely.)

Myt- its not on tv- but is being broadcast on that liveauction.tv internet site-- but they charge you to watch the sale- and I'm too much of a tightwad to pay... You'd think they would want as many people as possible watching- and that way bringing in more potential buyers :roll:

Oh, well that stinks. Kind of fun to take a break and check out s big sale like that when you can. Who knows what their intentions are with that whole deal. :???:

Oldtimer said:
MYT Farms said:

Myt- its not on tv- but is being broadcast on that liveauction.tv internet site-- but they charge you to watch the sale- and I'm too much of a tightwad to pay... You'd think they would want as many people as possible watching- and that way bringing in more potential buyers :roll:

I would guess that Liveauctions.tv is imposing the fee to keep traffic down. With as big a sale as it is, I would be guessing they didn't want to overload their system and cause it to crash. Thus, they impose a small fee to keep away the gawkers and keep it to more serious buyers.

The radio this morning announced that the 12 Basin herd bulls averaged over $5,000-- heifer calves $1808--bred heifers $2171-- and cows $2718....
For a total sale value around $5 Million.....

sale results....

http://www.angus.org/angusproductions/SaleReportsdtl.aspx?eid=DgAAAEZpxYLCZMW3gNIGJlnLyNg%3d&il=DgAAAEQrujU5dwVoL18j9OafTcE%3d

Latest posts