• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beef Achievement Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BuckJones

Reaction score
Our Club had its 4-H Achievement Day on Saturday. I managed to get back and take some pics:

Here is the steer lineup:
Achiev2011Mrkt.jpg

Some Closer-ups:

This one came in first for the day:
DSC00286.jpg

Second:
DSC00248.jpg

No particular order:
DSC00253.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

This was just a pic of the brand. All the steers are from Hivalley Limousin or out of a HiValley Bull.
DSC00285.jpg

And lastly a group shot:

DSC00291.jpg

Our club also showed its first ever heifer. Didn't realise that I only got one pic of it...will upload it later.

Thanks for taking us along. That is an example of good use of kids time. Did they sell here?

Here is a pic of the heifer:

DSC00267.jpg

No. They will be sold at the Williams Lake Show and Sale in a month. They have the four weeks til then to put some more feed into them, work their hair and clip them better and train them for the show ring. They should have hair similar to the yellow ones and then clip the guard hairs off. Should be interesting to see them in a month.

lookin good ,who was your judge?- the pen of four steers will be hard to beat i realy like seeing a strong hind quarter that those steers have

CA - I'd agree but I do see a grate / mess floor in there. Being from Saskatchewan - I think it is because we are just used to everything being *above* grass height :) :lol:

Yep. There is a grate thing under there. We learned that lesson when a plyboard we were using went missing once.

Latest posts