• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Been Spoiled

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

With all the 40-50 degree weather we've had the last month I almost forgot it was winter... Yesterday the temp started out in the 40's with rain- with temps dropping all day which turned to snow in the afternoon...And then as the cold front really moved in the wind hit... Ended up with only a skiff of snow on the ground....

This morning the temp was 5 Above with 30+ mph winds and a 15 below chill factor... Been so spoiled I really wasn't anxious to feed too quick- and the cows weren't too anxious to come out of their holes either...

Good news is this is only supposed to last a couple of days and then back to springtime type weather... Looks like the next couple of weeks could be roller coaster ups and downs-- but no real drastic cold fronts.. :)

Yep it finally feels like January here today. Got about an inch of snow last night and have 30-40 mph winds this morning. At least is settled the dust in the calf lots a little bit.

Well after I came in this morning I had to check the calender to see what month it is for sure. Yup, it still said January.

Feels like April and the sap is dripping from a broken twig on the maple tree out front.

High of 7C (45F) forecast for today, with just a bit of breeze, downright balmy. Just patchy snow on the ground.

But this is just WEIRD for this part of the country! And the forecast doesn't change much for the next week! :shock: :???: I think I'll clean the barn and yard and spread it on the hay ground if we get enough frost to carry the equipment.

we had a couple degrees of frost here today, one of the colder days we've had for a while. Weatherman claims we're going to have a high of -26C on monday, and lots of snow in our future. Snow would be a good thing, I don't know if I'm ready for winter yet though :lol:
Nice thing is, even if it did get cold, 60 days from now it won't be able to get too cold for too terribly long. It'll just seem like it.

-26 the last 2 mornings here. Cattle are finally eating what I think they should. :lol:

8 inches of snow is crusted enough that the wolves are nearly staying on top.

gcreekrch said:
-26 the last 2 mornings here. Cattle are finally eating what I think they should. :lol:

8 inches of snow is crusted enough that the wolves are nearly staying on top.

Some trappers out here the last couple of weeks setting feed stations and snares, haven't heard if they've been successful or not. No shortage of the buggers right now. And the story about having wolves fixing the coyote problem certainly isn't holding up these days either :???:

Latest posts