• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Been to a Gas Pump lately?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer said:
Tam said:
BTW have you heard whether or not Obama's buddy Buffett has paid up his decade old billion dollar tax bill or is he still in court fighting the IRS?

You mustn't have heard, hiding profits is a common occurence and companies never get caught. :lol: :lol:

I also forgot that Buffett is going to court to not pay the billion in taxes as he has a responsibility to his shareholders, and that gives him a pass for being a HYPOCRITE. His shareholders deserve every dime in their dividen checks but those invested in Oil companies can go you know where if they think they deserve the same.

TSR just how are you taking less less profit from your portfolio???
Did you notify all your holdings that to take less profit and give that amount to the government?????What percent??? What forms were required, was that from all holdings or just a few???
Sound kind of funky to me
Just saying and wondering how that process works!!! :roll:

hopalong said:
Did you notify all your holdings that to take less profit and give that amount to the government?????What percent??? What forms were required, was that from all holdings or just a few???

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said I would take less profit from the oil co.'s (reckon that would make the rest of my portfolio do better, provided they lowered the gas prices with my decrease along with millions of others) for the benefit of America, the country that gave me the opportunity to go from a 5 yr. old cottonpicker and made the oil co's what they are today. You do know the middle class is shrinking don't you? Do you like that fact?

TSR said:
hopalong said:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said I would take less profit from the oil co.'s (reckon that would make the rest of my portfolio do better, provided they lowered the gas prices with my decrease along with millions of others) for the benefit of America, the country that gave me the opportunity to go from a 5 yr. old cottonpicker and made the oil co's what they are today. You do know the middle class is shrinking don't you? Do you like that fact?

Regulatory Capture

TSR said:
The Bush Bust-- Regulatory Disregard

Obama's White House has approved fewer regulations than his predecessor George W. Bush at this same point in their tenures, and the estimated costs of those rules haven't reached the annual peak set in fiscal 1992 under Bush's father, according to government data reviewed by Bloomberg News.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-25/obama-wrote-5-fewer-rules-than-bush-while-costing-business.html

Obama's White House approved 613 federal rules during the first 33 months of his term, 4.7 percent fewer than the 643 cleared by President George W. Bush's administration in the same time frame, according to an Office of Management and Budget statistical database reviewed by Bloomberg.

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

Obama's White House has approved fewer regulations than his predecessor George W. Bush at this same point in their tenures, and the estimated costs of those rules haven't reached the annual peak set in fiscal 1992 under Bush's father, according to government data reviewed by Bloomberg News.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-25/obama-wrote-5-fewer-rules-than-bush-while-costing-business.html

Obama's White House approved 613 federal rules during the first 33 months of his term, 4.7 percent fewer than the 643 cleared by President George W. Bush's administration in the same time frame, according to an Office of Management and Budget statistical database reviewed by Bloomberg.

It doesn't matter how many you approve or even have-- if you tell your underlings to do nothing, just to shuffle papers and make it look like you're enforcing them.....

Seriously (as my 1st grade grandaughter would say) Otimer?? :shock: :wink:

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

It doesn't matter how many you approve or even have-- if you tell your underlings to do nothing, just to shuffle papers and make it look like you're enforcing them.....

you deal in conspiracy theory, I deal in facts OT

Now, do we REALLY want to debate this again? How many agencies actually came forward? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could we get some confirmation??????? For the 10,000th time?
Oldtimer
Rancher

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 pm Post subject:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Trillions $ are what is being required to do and recommended by most leading economists to keep the country from imploding....Trillions $ that probably would never have had to be spent if GW had done his job as an administrator and even enforced the laws on the books- and provided the oversight which was the Administrations duty to do...

How many agencies now have the empolyees came forward and said "we were told to do nothing, shuffle paper, look busy" or "take an 8 year coffee break" or "change the facts to make it look good- or safe"

USDA, FDA, EPA, CDC, CFTC, SEC, etc. etc....

Mike said:
Now, do we REALLY want to debate this again? How many agencies actually came forward? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could we get some confirmation??????? For the 10,000th time?
Oldtimer
Rancher

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 pm Post subject:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Trillions $ are what is being required to do and recommended by most leading economists to keep the country from imploding....Trillions $ that probably would never have had to be spent if GW had done his job as an administrator and even enforced the laws on the books- and provided the oversight which was the Administrations duty to do...

How many agencies now have the empolyees came forward and said "we were told to do nothing, shuffle paper, look busy" or "take an 8 year coffee break" or "change the facts to make it look good- or safe"

USDA, FDA, EPA, CDC, CFTC, SEC, etc. etc....

Mike what a short memory you have- have you forgotten about JoAnn so soon :???:

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36 am Post subject: JoAnn Waterfield ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was cruising down the road yesterday talking to my dogs, and old JoAnn's name popped into my mind...Remember JoAnn the USDA administrator that was supposed to be in charge of all the PSA & GIPSA investigations-- who's employees/investigators all told Congressional oversight investigators that she had stifled and buried investigations- and told them to "do nothing, but shuffle papers and look busy" :???: Who then got off without any criminal charges because she resigned and they let her off for just being "incompetent" :???:

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28172&highlight=gipsa

No we don't have to bring it up again, it was decided by the voters in the 2008 election.

TSR said:
No we don't have to bring it up again, it was decided by the voters in the 2008 election.

During her tenure on the CFTC, Born lobbied Congress and the President to give the CFTC oversight of off-exchange markets for derivatives in addition to its role with respect to exchange-traded derivatives,[4] but her warnings were opposed by other regulators.[5] Born resigned as chairperson on June 1, 1999, shortly after Congress passed legislation prohibiting her agency from regulating derivatives.[6]

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

During her tenure on the CFTC, Born lobbied Congress and the President to give the CFTC oversight of off-exchange markets for derivatives in addition to its role with respect to exchange-traded derivatives,[4] but her warnings were opposed by other regulators.[5] Born resigned as chairperson on June 1, 1999, shortly after Congress passed legislation prohibiting her agency from regulating derivatives.[6]

Hypo.. you really messed this one up...
,.. Bush wasn't the President in 1999 ,

Latest posts