• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Before and after

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Looks nice.

One question.

What will you do when the pond freezes? Eat the fish? :lol:

My wife wants a rock pond at the back patio with a fountain.....except there ain't no rocks around here. :roll:

Mike said:
Looks nice.

One question.

What will you do when the pond freezes? Eat the fish? :lol:

My wife wants a rock pond at the back patio with a fountain.....except there ain't no rocks around here. :roll:

I'm sure Hanta would send you some. C.O.D. :shock: :D

Mike, we'll split the freight, I'll send you a trainload of rocks and you send me a trainload of dirt back.

Some of the folks up here let the goldfish freeze in the pond, as long as they aren't in a frostcrack in the winter they thaw out and carry on just fine.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
The fish freeze......then thaw out......and keep right on swimmin?????
:D Yup they kinda lay dormant for the winter in these ponds,but around here lots just leave the bigger ones in the water for the winter nd will take and put the smaller ones in an aquarium for the winter.

Also Lilly you ever heard of ice fishing?Some of the tastiest fish are ice fished. They live in froze over lakes

Hmmmm....but the froze over lakes aren't froze solid where the fish are.

Down here if you have fish in a small pond like that, and it just gets down to freezin temps. Sometimes they'll die. Weird.

We had to dig ours more than 2 feet deep in one spot so the fish could get down in the muck and not freeze. Also we had to add a tiny heater to keep a little open water for the gases to get out, otherwise it kills the fish.
The pond is amazingly trouble free other than that.

we have other guests that really seem to like the pond, don't need no fake toads lounging around anymore.
IMG_0890.jpg

That looks really nice. If the misses sees it I'm afraid she'll hire a contractor to make one, she knows my artistic limitations are many. :lol:

We are missing some goldfishies :shock:

I think the cat fish et them :shock:

I think I'll have MCG take the cat fish back to the Musselshell river!

I'll see if MCG will post a short video of the stone room, you should hear the water moving. :)

Latest posts