• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Best place to ranch?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

When you in a paradise like the Big Muddy Valley you wouldn't even consider any where else. :D :D :D

Except maybe that rains a little more and the winters are a little more mild and the summers not quite so hot.

Oh Yea, and the cattle graze all year and there are NO snakes and bugs.

But I'm settled here so I guess I will just sit tight. :lol: :lol:

I think where Gcreekrch is would have to rank up there as a place I would atleast like to try. From what he says I might enjoy the country.

LazyWP said:
I think where Gcreekrch is would have to rank up there as a place I would atleast like to try. From what he says I might enjoy the country.

Bring your cheque book, there are 6 or 7 places for sale here.

Leave everything you've ever learned about ranching elsewhere behind. :D

Coming from a family that has settled in this area for the last 50 years. i would have to say coming from redding california that there were to many people for my grandparents liking when they left to come north.Climate was good but it was too crowded.The area I am in has good moisture levels most years.we irrigate about about 3in5 years.close to a fairly strong auction mart.The town of williams lake is close enough for anything you may want.the climate is moderate here compared to some of the places reprsented on here.I used to think of moving to the praries but after traveling a bit and looking at different areas. I have come to believe there's no place like home. lol.

gcreekrch said:
LazyWP said:

Sounds like a golden opportunity for you to expand your operation. I wouldn't want to cause the price of your next purchases to rise. :D :D

What is the going price on ranch land in that area with improvements?

hayguy said:
lot's of great places but there are none any better than the foothills south and west of calgary
So I hear. I also hear the pampas of south america are equally productive. From a productivity and cost effective standpoint, central southern missouri is hard to beat.

redrobin said:
hayguy said:
lot's of great places but there are none any better than the foothills south and west of calgary
So I hear. I also hear the pampas of south america are equally productive. From a productivity and cost effective standpoint, central southern missouri is hard to beat.

I'd have to see that to believe it. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PATB said:
gcreekrch said:
LazyWP said:

Sounds like a golden opportunity for you to expand your operation. I wouldn't want to cause the price of your next purchases to rise. :D :D

What is the going price on ranch land in that area with improvements?

Roughly $3000 per cow unit give or take $250.

There is one listed at over double what it's worth but it has been dropping for 4 years. The rest are close. This one (not ours) is a good ranch...... the owner is kind of wild looking but he's a good guy.

I can't get the link to work but here is the listing # and realtor.

#12314 Landquest Realty

gcreekrch said:
I can't get the link to work but here is the listing # and realtor.
#12314 Landquest Realty

I did a search of Landquest's offerings and I didn't find a ranch to buy. But I did find Selkirk Wilderness Skiing. Hopefully it sells and remains open so I can one day contribute to the B.C. economy. Amazing what you find when you're not looking for it!

Latest posts