• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Best RFID traceback system in the world *according to google

Help Support Ranchers.net:

So how does your system work with brands or non-exisent forms of voluntary ID? :lol: :lol:

PORKER said:
Bill,The ScoringAg database handles every kind of data that you deam useful,such as brands tatoos etc.
But it can't ID any individual animal as to who it is with a premise brand.

Not a fault of your system just pointing out it is dependant on the data put in and that it probably doesn't work very well for those who see it as optional and decide not to use it?

But it can't ID any individual animal as to who it is with a premise brand. Bill Quote,Yes it Can Bill because it has a place to insert your Canadian Premises Code, US. Premises Code ,German Premises Code and like I said You Insert your countrys data and it matches the code in any country.The system even pulls from each country's database of animals or crops as per each use needed by governments or regulators with Admin coded login as per the Scoringag Headquarters.

Read what I wrote. ID it to WHO it is not WHOSE it is

Ten animals all carrying the same premise ID brand leave the herd and are dispersed across the country. One shows up two years later with BSE and is traced back to the herd of origin. How does your system ID that animal back to it's dam when you don't know which one of the ten original animals it is? It also does absolutely nothing to aid in age verification.

A premise ID without individual animal distinction does nothing more than ID that animal to a location it doesn't matter whose system you are using.

Can I step in here Bill,If you take a closeup picture of each animal's brand ,we have found out the there are no two brands the same as the hot branding scaring from the same iron are not the same so it is like a finger print.Also Porker is right as our data based system knows where each animal has been moved his whole lifetime because of our PIDC location system in real time . One shows up two years later with BSE and is traced back to the herd of origin. Without tags or some ID mark its harder but with a picture ,and a gender ,we can track at 85%-95%.We know where pieces of beef from each animal is moved in a packing plant ,even through a boning section to final box .We track everything ,right down to the ingredients and its source.Everything moves in real time ,and every exchange of ownership is recorded in real time.Got some more questions call us.

Thanks William. How do the harvest plants feel about brands and your system. Will they be happy to slow down line speeds to read poorly applied brands or clip haired up cattle to match your "fingerprint" process? At our local stockyards there are lots of cattle that have been clipped in several places to find various brands acquired over the lifetime of the cow.

With all due respect mandatory RFID seems alot more certain to me.

Bill, One thing that is important is to increase the speed of commerce.We have taken plants that thought there wasn't anyway to increase line speed and raise it 10%.With RFID tags or boluses ,reading effeiceny at the speed of commerce is very important.Auctions can't afford to slow down the selling process as they would not earn enough .Data entry has to be done on the fly 24/7 to make a gain in auctions.You can't wait to load data at the end of the day as part of the animals have left the yards as the database keeps track of real time movement records just like your phone bills know the exact time of a call and the amount of time used and the number that was called and your own number. Now you see how good our system is.

Bill:

I was reading a study for the Canadian ID program just yesterday. The "Readability and Retention Rate" for the RFID program was 85%.

We might do good with a "Herd (hot iron) Brand" or ear tattoo plus an RFID tag. If the calf lost the tag, we would still know which ranch he came from.

I used the RFID tags last year plus an ear tattoo in each ear. Right ear for herd brand, Left ear for individual ID number.

Just a thought.

Mike said:
Bill:

I was reading a study for the Canadian ID program just yesterday. The "Readability and Retention Rate" for the RFID program was 85%.

We might do good with a "Herd (hot iron) Brand" or ear tattoo plus an RFID tag. If the calf lost the tag, we would still know which ranch he came from.

I used the RFID tags last year plus an ear tattoo in each ear. Right ear for herd brand, Left ear for individual ID number.

Just a thought.
Hey Mike, I don't know the exact numbers myself but be sure not to confuse the bar code dangle tag retention rate with the RFID button tag.

Why not herd letters and individual ID both in the same ear as Canadian purebred cattle have been done for decades?

Bill said:
Mike said:
Bill:

Just a thought.
Hey Mike, I don't know the exact numbers myself but be sure not to confuse the bar code dangle tag retention rate with the RFID button tag.

Why not herd letters and individual ID both in the same ear as Canadian purebred cattle have been done for decades?

It was 85% for the RFID's.

We use both ears in case they lose one. :wink:

Bill ,and Mike, the Readability and Retention Rate is 99.9999% with boluses,just ask Austrailia and in 2007 the EU. will require a switch to all boluses. Also Brazil has to tag a animals for export by 2007 and every head of cattle born by 2008 just to be able to sell beef in Europe.They may require Boluses in Brazil.Its only a matter of time when the US and Canada ,Mexico will do the same for all rumin animals.

http://quiro.uab.es/tracing/Articles/EID/EID_Symp_Abstract/Garin_etal03_IXwcap_ear%20tag%20cattle.pdf

Readability and Retention Rate is 99.9999% with boluses,but ,the tag business is not as good.

Mike said:
Bill said:
Mike said:
Bill:

Just a thought.

It was 85% for the RFID's.

We use both ears in case they lose one. :wink:

In this area the rustlers cut off both ears. :cowboy:

I have been trying to get our Auction yard to get an Eye Scanner - I'm told it is like a fingure Print and never change even on death.

You could scan a calf and check that scan againest a ear tag at any time.

Down Fall - Scanner still cost big money

The eye scan system impedes the speed of commerence and the animal has to be in a chute in order to recover the eye data.Its quite slow and its expensive,yet our system will handle the data as its digital.When you run a load of calves into a semi it would take over an hr. to move 130 calves in.This is not where animal ID is going to go .

Retinal scans

science fiction?
Testing advanced eye-scanning technology on cattle as part of a national tracking system for animal health.

"Retinal scans are part of a growing technological trend in cattle identification," "It painlessly flashes a beam of light into the eyeball and records the pattern of veins in the eye."

Each retina, whether bovine or human, is unique and a scan is considered one of the most accurate forms of identification, he said.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=32350

Latest posts