• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big "12" aka the Little "11" Scores Big

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Baylor University was only able to draw 40,000 for Saturday's game with the University of Oklahoma who was ranked in the top 5 in the nation at gametime. Half of those 40,000 were from Oklahoma. Floyd Casey Stadium seats 50,000.

Now the Big 12 is adding TCU with 8600 studens and their stadium seats 44,000 as well. Since 1984 there have been 6 sellout crowds. Average attendence has been 34,000. Ft. Worth has a population of over 700,000 and the DFW Metroplex has over 6 million population. Homerun Big 12.

careful, you will sound like one of those husker fans who after one year, are realizing that they left for greener pastures, just to find drought...
while I wish aTm would have stuck around, Ihave no use for NU CU or MU the three fanbasses are pretty much interchangeable....

jigs said:
careful, you will sound like one of those husker fans who after one year, are realizing that they left for greener pastures, just to find drought...
while I wish aTm would have stuck around, Ihave no use for NU CU or MU the three fanbasses are pretty much interchangeable....

Oh we're leaving for greener pastures but definitely know what the competition level is as well. Thanks again for beating up on the Tea Sippers Saturday. :wink:

I always thought I would go to Kyle Field to take in a KSU game...guess it won't happen now...but I still would like to go take in the game atmosphere....

I just don't see you guys fairing very well in the SEC....good luck though

The folks in the SEC are excited about ATM joining in.

Mizzery, that's another story. They feel like she's the ugly girl sitting at the end of the bar with nothing to add to the party.

well, on the bright side, if you get all the Mizzery cheerleaders together, you have one full set of teeth

Big Muddy rancher said:
jigs said:
well, on the bright side, if you get all the Mizzery cheerleaders together, you have one full set of teeth

That's what I like about you Jigs, Always looking at the positives. :D

only time I hate to see a positive is on the pregnancy test...

TexasBred said:
Baylor University was only able to draw 40,000 for Saturday's game with the University of Oklahoma who was ranked in the top 5 in the nation at gametime. Half of those 40,000 were from Oklahoma. Floyd Casey Stadium seats 50,000.

Now the Big 12 is adding TCU with 8600 studens and their stadium seats 44,000 as well. Since 1984 there have been 6 sellout crowds. Average attendence has been 34,000. Ft. Worth has a population of over 700,000 and the DFW Metroplex has over 6 million population. Homerun Big 12.

I think the answer to your problem is located in your statement. Using numbers that represent the current or past situation, won't predict the future with all that is changing. Look at who TCU has been playing. San Diego State, Wyoming, and New Mexico aren't much of a draw for the 6 million people around DFW.

Now add OU, OSU, Texas, K-state, Tech and a competing Baylor playing in that market- and I promise you the attendance is going to skyrocket. There are tons of alumni that would love a chance to watch their team locally. If TCU is averaging 34,000 and 3/4 of it are TCU fans. Now add 20,000 OU fans (which will be an underestimate due to Dallas only being a 2 1/2 hr trip from Norman + all the local alumni) and you easily have 45,500. If TCU will compete, you will see their local popularity rise. How many A&M fans will tune in to watch Texas's dreams crushed by TCU? There will be a lot of people in DFW that don't have a big time alma mater glom on to them, if they can play competitively.

That market has huge potential. Look at how popular the high school games are in the area. How many people go watch games that have no dog in the hunt? I think nay sayers are selling them shorter than they should.

Texas = Football, Peaked TCU Alumni interest in games, Central location for the conference, 6,000,000 people

okfarmer said:
TexasBred said:

I think the answer to your problem is located in your statement. Using numbers that represent the current or past situation, won't predict the future with all that is changing. Look at who TCU has been playing. San Diego State, Wyoming, and New Mexico aren't much of a draw for the 6 million people around DFW.

Now add OU, OSU, Texas, K-state, Tech and a competing Baylor playing in that market- and I promise you the attendance is going to skyrocket. There are tons of alumni that would love a chance to watch their team locally. If TCU is averaging 34,000 and 3/4 of it are TCU fans. Now add 20,000 OU fans (which will be an underestimate due to Dallas only being a 2 1/2 hr trip from Norman + all the local alumni) and you easily have 45,500. If TCU will compete, you will see their local popularity rise. How many A&M fans will tune in to watch Texas's dreams crushed by TCU? There will be a lot of people in DFW that don't have a big time alma mater glom on to them, if they can play competitively.

That market has huge potential. Look at how popular the high school games are in the area. How many people go watch games that have no dog in the hunt? I think nay sayers are selling them shorter than they should.

Texas = Football Peaked TCU Alumni interest in games Central location for the conference 6,000,000 people

Keywords in all of this is "Interest in TCU". OU might fill up the stadium. They had more at Baylor last week than Baylor did. Baylor will never compete consistently. Just a fact. OU, Texas, OSU and KSU can come to town but if they consistently beat TCU (which most will do) you won't be able to give away tickets.

As for the SEC in general. You have 2 or 3 schools that consistenly have good football programs. The others are mediocre at best with one or two having a good year occasionally. I think we'll hold our own and excell in many sports as well as academically.

TexasBred said:
okfarmer said:
TexasBred said:

Texas = Football Peaked TCU Alumni interest in games Central location for the conference 6,000,000 people

Keywords in all of this is "Interest in TCU". OU might fill up the stadium. They had more at Baylor last week than Baylor did. Baylor will never compete consistently. Just a fact. OU, Texas, OSU and KSU can come to town but if they consistently beat TCU (which most will do) you won't be able to give away tickets.

As for the SEC in general. You have 2 or 3 schools that consistenly have good football programs. The others are mediocre at best with one or two having a good year occasionally. I think we'll hold our own and excell in many sports as well as academically.

I think TCU will hold their own. They will definitely be a leg up over Colorado, and I think consistently in the mid range of the Big 12. They are committed to football. Not saying they will dominate but at least be a decent program. So will West Virginia. In other words, not a huge difference.

I agree, I don't think the SEC is a powerhouse from top to bottom as so many would like to believe. A&M should have beat Arkansas this year. Alabama and LSU playing at Kyle field in most years would have just as hard a time as anyone else. I think most of the big conferences are more similar than their fans would like to believe.

I wish a&m luck. I hope they have a good showing next year. But before you go....

Q: Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, a classy SEC fan, and an old drunk are
walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a
hundred dollar bill. Who gets it?

A: The old drunk, of course; the other three are mythical creatures.

Q: There are 4 LSU players in a car. Who is driving?

A: The police

Q. What do you call the sweat on two Bama fans having sex?

A. Relative Humidity

Q: How do you keep an Aggie from masturbeting?

A: Paint his $@%!$ burnt orange, then he can't beat it

Q: How do you get an Aggie grad off your front porch?

A: Pay for the pizza.

Way to go Okie. Can't help but laugh with you on those. And I'll keep rooting for OU and OSU everytime they play Teasip U from Austin. :wink:

okfarmer said:
TexasBred said:
okfarmer said:

I think TCU will hold their own. They will definitely be a leg up over Colorado, and I think consistently in the mid range of the Big 12. They are committed to football. Not saying they will dominate but at least be a decent program. So will West Virginia. In other words, not a huge difference.

I agree, I don't think the SEC is a powerhouse from top to bottom as so many would like to believe. A&M should have beat Arkansas this year. Alabama and LSU playing at Kyle field in most years would have just as hard a time as anyone else. I think most of the big conferences are more similar than their fans would like to believe.

I wish a&m luck. I hope they have a good showing next year. But before you go....

Q: Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, a classy SEC fan, and an old drunk are
walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a
hundred dollar bill. Who gets it?

A: The old drunk, of course; the other three are mythical creatures.

Q: There are 4 LSU players in a car. Who is driving?

A: The police

Q. What do you call the sweat on two Bama fans having sex?

A. Relative Humidity

Q: How do you keep an Aggie from masturbeting?

A: Paint his $@%!$ burnt orange, then he can't beat it

Q: How do you get an Aggie grad off your front porch?

A: Pay for the pizza.

I always liked this one.

Q: What do you call an Aggie after 5 years on the job.

A: Boss

:lol:

thought I would take that along Saturday for the Delka shing ding over in Cather Country

TexasBred said:
Yep...just one more "four letter" word. 8)
a little jab at the longhorns for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvkjewgF8GQ

Latest posts