• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big weather change coming--

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

A POTENT SPRING STORM SYSTEM WILL BRING WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION
ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES TO THE AREA FROM FRIDAY THROUGH
EARLY SUNDAY. MOUNTAIN LOCATIONS WILL SEE 1 TO 2 FEET OF HEAVY
WET SNOW FROM THIS SYSTEM...WITH SOME FOOTHILLS LOCATIONS
INCLUDING NYE AND RED LODGE SEEING A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW...AND
RECEIVING PERIODIC ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT.

ROADWAYS IN THE FOOTHILLS AND LOWER ELEVATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO
REMAIN MAINLY WET TO OCCASIONALLY SLUSH COVERED. MOUNTAIN ROADWAYS
INCLUDING THE BEARTOOTH HIGHWAY...BOZEMAN PASS AND HIGHWAY 14 OVER
THE BIG HORN MOUNTAINS WILL LIKELY BE SNOW COVERED AND SLICK...AND
MAY BE IMPASSABLE AT TIMES. HEAVY WET SNOW FALLING ON TREES AND
POWER LINES MAY RESULT IN POWER OUTAGES AND TREE DAMAGE IN
FOOTHILLS AND MOUNTAIN LOCATIONS ABOVE 4500 FEET. PRECIPITATION IS
EXPECTED TO DIMINISH SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.

BEEN RAINING AND SPITTING SNOW HERE ALL DAY...TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY HALF-DECENT DAY FOR THE NEXT WEEK.... FORECAST TO GET 3-6" SNOW IN THE VALLEYS AND 15-20" FOR ANYTHING OVER 6000 FEET!!! SHEEESHHHH!! YES, WE NEED THE MOISTURE, BUT I WAS JUST STARTING TO THAW OUT!! :wink:

I will trade you guy some good old Texas heat for some of that cool air. Its been in the middle to up 90's around here and very muggy. I hate to see what July and Aug has in store for us.
:roll:

My ol' pappy used to say:

As a rule a mans a fool
When its hot, he wants it cool
When its cool, he wants it hot
Always wanting what its not.

Me? Its dry, and I want it wet!

Forecast for northeast Montana- the CWA is Terry north to Canadian line and Malta/Winnet area east to ND line....

TODAY WILL START OUT RELATIVELY DRY BUT THE FIRST DISTURBANCE
WILL BEGIN FORMING SHOWERS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE CWA
BY THE LATE AFTERNOON HOURS WHICH WILL RAPIDLY EXPAND NORTH AND
ENCOMPASS THE WHOLE CWA OVERNIGHT. THIS RAINFALL SHOULD LAST
ALL THE WAY THROUGH SUNDAY BECOMING MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES
WITH AN INCH TO AN INCH AND A HALF POSSIBLE BY THE TIME ITS ALL
OVER
. TEMPERATURES SHOULD BE FAIRLY WELL MODERATED BETWEEN THE
UPPER 30S AND LOWER 50S THROUGHOUT THIS TIME PERIOD DUE TO
EXCESSIVELY HIGH CLOUD COVER...

Beautiful sunshiney day today- but the rain is supposed to move in tonight... They've now increased the forecast amount for our area to an inch to inch and a half... :)

My SIL was working over by Cutbank- but he called this morning that he is headed home as it snowed so much they couldn't work...

Well so far the weather boys have been right on- as it started raining during the night- with a nice rain going this AM...

They are now predicting this could be over such a widespread area- and to the amount that the Milk River could have some minor flooding next week...

Raining steadily in Maple Creek tonight. Hope you have some sunshine ordered for us Faster Horses!!! Hope to cross into the USA Tuesday am.
JDBalerman

Rained all day yesterday- and last night...Mostly just a steady light rain... Still raining and predicted to continue all day and into the night...

We're up to 1" at the home place-- but some areas around us have quite a bit more....
Life is good.... :)

We're up to 1.35" now. Mostly been a gentle soaking rain, had .65 overnight that only run off the bare parts of the yard everything else is soaking in where it falls. :D

Yesterday and a good part of last night we got rain wwwhhooooo I will accept the high wind LOL as long as the rain soaks the ground. Its pretty muddy out there still...uuggg setting up chicken coop is gunna be fun

Shoer was up in the lost river valley yesterday looking at land. I heard something I never thought I would hear from him LOLOLOLOL " Im cold" wow yeap it was snowing and rain mix so he was walking in a short sleeve polo in the rain/snow.

Woke up to snow on the ground and falling. Been raining and snowing off and on all day. Rained most of yesterday.

You guys are lucky we need some of that moisture down here the pastures are already starting to turn brown and it's may.
We do have some chances for rain next week I hope we get some.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Woke up to snow on the ground and falling. Been raining and snowing off and on all day. Rained most of yesterday.

No snow yet- but we have had 2 days of beautiful steady light rain.. At 2PM today we were up to 1.5 inches- and they were predicting we could get showers thru tomorrow... I think the temp is forecast to be its lowest tonite (35) so we could get some snow too...

This sure has some upset bar-b-cue and camping/fishing folks for their ruined 3 day weekend-- but I'm enjoying every minute of it... :) Everyone I've talked to in the area is reporting 1.5-2"....

4 .5 inches last night didnt have any all winter going to rain tonight 2 we were very dry so we will take it & be happy .

The Lord has blessed us this year, as of last Monday, we are up to a total of 3.65" ytd total, ahead of last years cumulative total. Making grass and things look good.

Latest posts