• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Blow em up by golly, that'll work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
Frozen cows in Colorado cabin may be removed using explosives
Posted on: 7:11 am, April 18, 2012, by Web Staff

Pinterest

Twitter

Email

CONUNDRUM HOT SPRINGS, Colo. — Two Air Force Academy cadets made an unusual discovery during a spring break snow-shoeing trip when they came upon several dead cows inside a cabin.

Now, the US Forest Service is trying to figure out what to do with the frozen carcasses.

After a long day of hiking and soaking in the hot springs Cadet Marshall Kay and Cadet Cameron Harris were looking forward to spending the night in an old abandoned cabin they had come across.

But it turns out some lost cows had already claimed the sanctuary.

"I think we're going have to sleep on the snow tonight man the cabin is full of frozen cows," Kay told his friend.

The US Forest Service says the cows were part of a herd that went missing last fall from the Gunnison National Forest and may have wandered into the cabin looking for shelter.

"We were upset nonetheless, cause we had nowhere to stay. So we went back into town and got revenge and ate a couple of big burgers," said Harris.

The US Forest Service is weighing its options on how to effectively remove the cows. The first option is to do nothing and allow nature to take its course.

The second option is to start a fire and burn the cabin as well as the cows.

The last option is to utilize explosives to disperse the cow carcasses and speed up the decomposition process.

No decision has been made, but officials say they want to minimize any potential danger.

"We want to avoid any negative interactions between people and wildlife, particularly the mountain lions and the bears that are going to be feeding on the carcasses ," said Steve Segin, a spokesman for the U.S. Forest Service.

Forest officials say using mechanical devices or hiking the cows out would be impossible because of the terrain.

Once a decision is made the area will have to be closed to remove the cattle.

The cadets say there were six cows inside the cabin, some of them calves.
http://kdvr.com/2012/04/18/frozen-cows-in-colorado-cabin-may-be-removed-using-explosives/

Is that the only alternative they got.

Remember the Forest service is filled with kids just out'a college who know everything except the wisdom that comes with age. I am suprised they didn't use nuclear weapons! :shock: Three ranchers would tie bandanas over thier noses, dab a loop around whatever appendage was handy on said frozen bovine, dally up and drag the dead sisters as far as possible. Then sit in the shade and have a sandwich while discussing other mishaps they had rectified. By the time the USFS gets the cows disposed of the cost will be over ten thousand bucks, the entire drainage will be closed for a year or better, a helicopter and the Corp of Engineers will be called in and the rancher who lost the cows will be crucified and fined for littering! :mad: It ain't funny cause it's probably true even though i was trying to be funny! :shock:

leanin' H said:
Remember the Forest service is filled with kids just out'a college who know everything except the wisdom that comes with age. I am suprised they didn't use nuclear weapons! :shock: Three ranchers would tie bandanas over thier noses, dab a loop around whatever appendage was handy on said frozen bovine, dally up and drag the dead sisters as far as possible. Then sit in the shade and have a sandwich while discussing other mishaps they had rectified. By the time the USFS gets the cows disposed of the cost will be over ten thousand bucks, the entire drainage will be closed for a year or better, a helicopter and the Corp of Engineers will be called in and the rancher who lost the cows will be crucified and fined for littering! :mad: It ain't funny cause it's probably true even though i was trying to be funny! :shock:

If the cows are froze why would you need a bandana over your nose. Also why would you sit in the shade and not in the sun if it was cold enough to freeze a cow?

Like old Gcreek always says Those guys from Utah are a strange bunch. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
leanin' H said:

If the cows are froze why would you need a bandana over your nose. Also why would you sit in the shade and not in the sun if it was cold enough to freeze a cow?

Like old Gcreek always says Those guys from Utah are a strange bunch. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cause, by the time we got around to evicting the frozen food section at the Grizzly Adams meat cabin, it would be August! DUH!!! :roll: :D You may have nothing to do but run right out and worry about dead cows in an abondoned and apparently doorless abode in the woods, but i is busy! :lol: And I am NOT strange! 8) I am just ahead of my time and like other genius's, not appreciated adequately! :D

Jeez BMR, you could work for the Forest Service with that much sense! :wink: (That was mean, i wuz just joshin')

You are right about one thing though............Gcreek is OLD!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts