• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Blue Cheese Crumbles-MRJ????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Ok,

By default I ask MRJ when I wonder on the checkoff, My being lazy I guess, but also a show of respect,

So, I had a shoulder roast at a restaurant that was topped with Blue Cheese crumbles and I think had a garlic Merinade injected. It was absolutely delicious, first time I had heard of it......

Next thing I know, I think I see a sirloin advertsed that was toppd with Blue Cheese, didn't get to try it. But I did try a beef/Blue Cheese wrap with Blue cheese crumbles at a denny's that was also ery good.

Did this come out of Beef Check-off research/recipes? Either I have been nlind or this Blue Cheese crumbles is kinda new with the beef dishes,

PPRM

PPRM, first, I REALLY do not like Blue Cheese! So probably won't be trying those delicacies!!!! Also, thank you very kindly for the compliment.

I haven't heard about them, but that may because when I read/heard "Blue Cheese", I automatically tuned out! But the garlic marinade is something I would go for.

It worked wonders on the turkey our son-in-law deep fried the day after Thanksgiving. The day it sat in the fridge after the cooker wouldn't work on T Day helped, I do believe! The usual "burn-the-house-down-frying-the turkey jibes of the "spectators" were swallowed pretty fast when the bird was on the table! Heard a new variation, though. A guy hung the very heavy turkey from the automatic garage door to lower it safely into the hot oil. Unfortunately, he didn't disable the door opener. Someone opened it during cooking. Fat dripping off the turkey as it rose out of the oil ignited the pot full of oil. Huge fireball and garage and house gone! Unless it is a southern red-neck myth (as opposed to an urban myth!). Funny story in any case.

You could probably check at www.beefboard.org, or email dhenderson, ccoates, or mreese tomorrow and ask one of them, if you want a quick and easy answer.

I will also ask if I contact someone there soon. If we get the promised storm tomorrow, that might be a nice way to spend some time, checking out the NCBA websites.

It could possibly have come out of the Beef Cook-Off, but not sure they really have those recipes marketed this soon.

MRJ

I talkd to a guy at church today. He could easily have his own restaurant if it didn't turn his joy in life into a JOB...He caters some. I asked him about the Blue Cheese crumbles and he smiled and said Oh Yes.......

First he heard of it was in a cookbook by a world renouned Chef from Portland, Oregon. I think the Cookbook was from the 1930's, so the Blue Cheese flavoring idea has been here before.....

It is just when I suddenly see several restaurants adding this to the menu, I suspect it is the result of a push......It is similar to other Beef Checkoff campaigns that have been successful IMHO,

Thanks for the info, I will check on it,

PPRM

PPRM said:
I talkd to a guy at church today. He could easily have his own restaurant if it didn't turn his joy in life into a JOB...He caters some. I asked him about the Blue Cheese crumbles and he smiled and said Oh Yes.......

First he heard of it was in a cookbook by a world renouned Chef from Portland, Oregon. I think the Cookbook was from the 1930's, so the Blue Cheese flavoring idea has been here before.....

It is just when I suddenly see several restaurants adding this to the menu, I suspect it is the result of a push......It is similar to other Beef Checkoff campaigns that have been successful IMHO,

Thanks for the info, I will check on it,

PPRM

PPRM, I have eaten the blue cheese on roasts and other cheeses as well (brie). They can be quite good. Not all of our food or menu items are as a result of NCBA or checkoff prouduced. Probably less than 1/2 of 1% are even recipes that come from checkoff sponsored events, let alone them being the originators of such. NCBA may encourage cooking contests to publicize beef but they are not the orginators of such ideas nor should all the credit be given to them nor should they be thought of first in this regard.

I am really glad you enjoyed your meal. Not everything is a checkoff issue although some might want to claim it that way, just like the flat iron or the petit tender cuts. The world just isn't that small.

Econ,

As I said, I had never heard of it before and then in the course of a week three different restaurants featured it. I have only seen something "pop" up like that once before. In Oregon, they got Shari's restaurant and several others to feature several Beef items really hard, that is why I thot it might be related. Seems maybe I have just been asleep on the Blue Cheese deal, hear there's a hamburger place in Cladwell, Idaho that sells a Blue cheeseburger, I gotta try it,

Like you said, they are good!!!!!

PPRM

Latest posts