• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Border Security-

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
U.S. Working to Strengthen Border Security, Facilitate Trade

OMAHA (DTN) -- Admiral James Loy, acting secretary of Homeland Security, commented at Monday's annual conference of the Border Trade Alliance (BTA), that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is dedicated to the goal of improving the safe, legal, and efficient flow of goods and people across the U.S. border while protecting the U.S. from the threat of terrorism.

The BTA is a nonprofit organization that addresses key issues affecting trade and economic development in North America.

Loy stressed that BTA members and DHS officials have formed a valuable alliance in pursuit of shared goals. He also pointed to recent progress in achieving those goals. "With your help, and together with our partners in Mexico, we created a Border Partnership Action Plan that focuses on protecting our infrastructure and securing the flow of people and goods so vital to our border communities," Loy said.

In order to facilitate the passage of legitimate cargo across U.S. borders, DHS has opened seven Free and Secure Trade (FAST) dedicated lanes in the largest ports on the southern border and plans to add FAST lanes to an additional seven ports on the U.S.-Mexico border in the coming months.

Sure glad your looking after putting those fast lanes for border security into Mexico. I thought most mexicans just passed into the United States under fences and stuff! What is going to solve?

Manitoba_Rancher said:
"With your help, and together with our partners in Mexico, we created a Border Partnership Action Plan that focuses on protecting our infrastructure and securing the flow of people and goods so vital to our border communities," Loy said.

I saw on the news the other night where the Mexican govt. is actually printing and distributing pamphlets advising how to succesfully illegally enter the US and avoid being caught- and where to go to get jobs.... I wonder if the packer conglomerates are helping to finance this project? That could be what they mean when they talk about our Border Partnership Action Plan..... :wink:

The wife watches Mexican soap operas every evening on dish channel 827, they're pretty good but I can't understand them. Anyway, on those channels that she watches they're calling the U.S. the "Colonies" now. :???:

Latest posts