• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BORING BORING BORING

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
Well looks like this is going to be BORING guess I will have to go back to EBAY.Anyone know how to start up a new chat line this one has went to hell........................................... :( [/img]

Agree with you Denny Blowers. New format, SUCKS. I believe in the KISS method of doing things---"keep it simple stupid".

I didn't have time to stop by much but I did do a quick scan a couple times a week. Now there is nothing quick about this. I don't think this is progress. It looks like the USAIP program to me. This too is voluntary. The last thing I volunteered for was the army in 1968. :mad:

Yep, this is pretty much dullsville now. I used to spend hours on here, now I just give it a passing glance.

I as well will still visit once in a while and post occasionally as I do on Agri-ville but am seriously missing the old format and the passion of emotions that was "allowed" under the old ranchers. I agree totally that if you don't like it you don't have to go there, read or post on it but some of us liked it for whatever reasons. I'm not a big curser or scrapper but still found the "passion" of some people on the old site drawing me back time and time again. Short version is, if anyone finds another "ranchers" or similiar site, let me know and count me in! There are millions of sites like the way this one is now and is not really the kind that attracted me in the first place. Sorry, Macon, I appreciate what you're trying to do, it's just not what really attracted me to ranchers or what kept me comeing back time and time again. Have a good day all and thanks for reading from Canada.

Danny, you are the most wining p.o.s i know. this sight isnt just made to talk around on. its made for learning and talking about what is going on in the cattle business to day. If you want to chat go to msn or something :!:

Jerry, guess you weren't part of the orginal ranchers.net. We will live with this one, might not like it .

Actually rancher i have been part of ranchers.net for almost 4 years now(longer than you probably) and there is some talking around(that is what the coffe shop part is for) and i kinda like this new format. im just saying that people who dont like it are just pretty much wining and needing something to talk about so they bring this up. :roll:

Jerry how long ago was the first ranchers.net started, and who were you on the old? I don't remember a Jerry there.

I kinda like the additional information, ability to PM, and that I can see the whole thread. Used to hate the time it took to click into each message. I am on dial up and it was frustrating,

PPRM

Denny,

Was it you that posted a fairly inexpensive source for those nose things to help wean calves?????

I was never a frequenter of the boards... read through a bunch of posts and have learned a lot for you guys. I've been on CT for 2 or so years, browsing this board for a little more than that. I hid the fact that I was just a kid from those on CT for quite a while, and now that I've started frequenting here, I"ll right out and say that I'm just a "know-it-all" highschool kid that's looking for somebody to learn from. I've been ranching since I was born, and I'm gunna farm/ ranch til I die. Don't expect a single one of you to respect me since my age is what it is. But about all I can say is that let's quit complaining about the new format cuzz there's about no chance of it changing... let's just get back to cattle.

PPRM said:
Denny,

Was it you that posted a fairly inexpensive source for those nose things to help wean calves?????

PPRM no it wasnt me I have seen them on RFD TV on the prarie farm report I will get there web address tommorow night and post it for you will also look them up in some vet catalogs if I can find them :???: Thanks Denny

PPRM said:
Denny,

No it wasn't Denny that posted it. They are called Cant-Sucks and can be found online in the Arnold Nasco catalogue.

just weaned calves off the young cows today; spouse and I were thinking about those nose things to help make weaning easier. Know what???????????? We have found THERE IS NO WHERE IN H*** WHERE WEANING IS EASY AND PAINLESS!!!! You just wire gates, etc. keep them at least two fences apart and watch your fences get trashed, your gates get opened and have a fun time re-sorting and re-weaning! Weaning is not an easy thing ask any MOM, as I am one and I can relate but I sure get frustrated with the COWS!

Anonymous said:
just weaned calves off the young cows today; spouse and I were thinking about those nose things to help make weaning easier. Know what???????????? We have found THERE IS NO WHERE IN H*** WHERE WEANING IS EASY AND PAINLESS!!!! You just wire gates, etc. keep them at least two fences apart and watch your fences get trashed, your gates get opened and have a fun time re-sorting and re-weaning! Weaning is not an easy thing ask any MOM, as I am one and I can relate but I sure get frustrated with the COWS!

Maybe build some better fence we wean lock all the calves in a good corral and dont have any troubles other than bawling and that ends in a few days.

Latest posts