• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brand new recipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
So new I haven't tried it yet, but several women said it is really, really good. So I have one in the oven...

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can diet Coke

Mix together and bake. Cool. Frost with Cool Whip. Keep in refrigerator.

Or:

1 White Cake Mix
1 can diet 7-up.

(Looks kinda funny when you mix it up, kinda foamy and all...)

I don't know, Faster Horses- ALL those ingredients to measure and keep straight..lol

What's the name of this treat, or do we want to know? :) Sounds, ......interesting. You know, adding coca-cola to pinto beans while it boils takes the bitterness out and so does adding beets to black beans! :)

And, yes, do tell us how the (stuff) came out.

Faster Horses---sounds mighty fine!! gonna try mine tomorrow with diet vanilla dr pepper....mmmmmmmmm......will keep you posted!!! :D

ranchwife said:
Faster Horses---sounds mighty fine!! gonna try mine tomorrow with diet vanilla dr pepper....mmmmmmmmm......will keep you posted!!! :D

Is this all you girls think about? Eating?
The cake does sound good!

Vanilla Dr. Pepper...if only I could find some of that stuff on this side of the border. Was craving to try it, so bought a bottle when I swung thru the US on the way home one day.....great stuff.

Aaron said:
Vanilla Dr. Pepper...if only I could find some of that stuff on this side of the border. Was craving to try it, so bought a bottle when I swung thru the US on the way home one day.....great stuff.

How far are you from ennis, montana???? would be an honor to get you some!! It is my favorite and usually have a case hidden from the kids somewhere in my house/closet/cubby hole!!! :wink:

Well, Mapquest.com tells me I am about 18 hours from Ennis, or 1075 miles. I'll have to pick a case up the next time I swing though Minnesota.

I made the cake- used a white cake mix (pudding type), two egg whites and a can of regular cream soda. It seemed strange not putting anything else in and just mixing it up. Iced it with chocolate icing and served with our own blueberries which are ripe now. A fun challenge picking them with the kitten flying at each moving branch and hand!
Everyone declared the cake a success! :D Thank you for passing it along Faster Horses.

ranchwife said:

Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper? :shock: :shock: Ewwwww!

Glad it worked...cream soda, white cake and blueberries, now that is a combination unique to Montana!!! You could call that a Blueberry Glacier Cake...

I am wanting to try the Angel Food with Orange Diet Pop. I bet Lemon Diet Pop would work too!

Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:

OBVIOUSLY not for everyone, jeannie!!!!! mostly for those of us who are suppose to watch our sugar intake for medical reasons yet still want some flavor!!! :? :roll:

ranchwife said:
Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:

OBVIOUSLY not for everyone, jeannie!!!!! mostly for those of us who are suppose to watch our sugar intake for medical reasons yet still want some flavor!!! :? :roll:

I can understand that perfectly, I happen to like Diet Pepsi Vanilla. However, having drank quite a few diet Dr. Peppers, I simply cannot reconcile the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper with the added flavor of vanilla in my mind. :shock: Seems to me to be a classic case of mutually exclusive tastes! But, to each their own! :wink:

Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:
Jeannie said:

I can understand that perfectly, I happen to like Diet Pepsi Vanilla. However, having drank quite a few diet Dr. Peppers, I simply cannot reconcile the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper with the added flavor of vanilla in my mind. :shock: Seems to me to be a classic case of mutually exclusive tastes! But, to each their own! :wink:

have ya tried the diet wild cherry pepsi???mmmmmmmmmmmm :D Can't tell I'm a caffeine junky, can ya??? :wink:

ranchwife said:
Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:

have ya tried the diet wild cherry pepsi???mmmmmmmmmmmm :D Can't tell I'm a caffeine junky, can ya??? :wink:

I don't think I've even seen that one. I know Pepsi has a wild cherry flavor, but I was unaware that Diet Pepsi did too.

Caffeine junky?!?! You?!?!?! Who'd a thunk it? :wink: :)

Mike said:
Is this all you girls think about? Eating?

If you men would quit demanding to eat daily we wouldn't have to keep doing so much darn cooking! :wink:

Oh, yes, I will second that.

Along that line, here's another recipe that was on Kit Pharo's e-mail. It sounds pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet. It was submitted by a ranch woman, though, so I would expect it to be good.

1 envelope stir-fry seasoning mix
2 T. reg. oil
8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained
2 t. sesame seeds
16 oz. broccoli coleslaw
8 oz. thin sliced roast beef
3 plum tomatoes, quartered

Prepare the seasoning mix according to package directions.
Set aside. In skillet stir-fry coleslaw in oil for 3 mins. or until crisp
tender. Add beef, water chestnuts, tomatoes, sesame seeds and
seasoning sauce. Cook 4 minutes longer. Can serve over rice.

Well, I sent the men out foraging and they came home with some nice looking shrimp so I tried out Faster Horses' Salad recipe on some company tonight. It was excellent. Way to go FH!
I'd recommend not doubling the recipe though unless you're feeding an army. Looks like we'll have it as leftovers for a few days but tomorrow we'll add chicken instead of shrimp.

2 c. cooked chicken, turkey or shrimp
1 T. onion
1 t. salt (I didn't use any)
1 c. grapes (I halved them)
1 c. diced celery
1 c. cooked macaroni rings (I used more)
1 c. mandarian oranges
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1 c. cream, whipped
Mix all together except whipped cream. Chill for at least 2
hours, then add the cream.

Jeannie said:
ranchwife said:
Jeannie said:

I don't think I've even seen that one. I know Pepsi has a wild cherry flavor, but I was unaware that Diet Pepsi did too.

Caffeine junky?!?! You?!?!?! Who'd a thunk it? :wink: :)

unfortunately, caffeine is the only way to get through a 12-13 hour day at the hospital when you are going on only 2-3 hours of sleep!!! Had a hellacious (?spelling :? ) day today and caffeine was my FRIEND :wink:

Latest posts