• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Branding Invite

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern
Wish I could come, but I will be at the Artist Ride on the Cheyenne river. But I'll be thiniking about you! :lol: :oops: :eek: :? :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NR,
would love to be there, if it is as entertaining as the calving stories it would be a hoot! :lol: I have to go to my sister in laws 50th birthday party on Saturday, that might be as much fun as branding, and I definitely will have a cold one for you knowing how hard you worked!

Would absolutely love to! What time? :wink: Seriously, if you didn't live so damn far away, I'd be interested. I don't know what it is about brandings, but it always ends up being one laugh after another. And from what I read from you, it'd be a hoot!

all the movies I see about Canada, there is nothing to do but watch hockey and drink beer.....except Sat. nights they run into America to chase our women !

it is a life style I could learn to like!

If this is your normal branding time I will try to plan some free time next year. I wonder how far you are from Indianapolis? I would love to help out- - - - I have 32 head we will brand but I do it when we run them thru the chute and give all the shots - - - I even have an electric branding iron. I would love to participate in a real ranch type operation.

Sure TX you can tell a well hung man in Canada when you can't get your fingers between the rope and his neck. Bring your running iron you'll be WELL HUNG lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Sure TX you can tell a well hung man in Canada when you can't get your fingers between the rope and his neck. Bring your running iron you'll be WELL HUNG lol.

NR,WHAT KIND OF HOSPITALITY IS THAT? begrudging TX his golf? :wink: Which part of Sask. do you live in? Sounds like next-years Ranchersnet Get-together to me....wouldn't that be a hoot from the stories you've told.
By the way, the attending list is up to 24. Sure would be nice if you'd lay down your running iron and come to deadwood, too.
We'd even put you on the "entertainment list".

nr I am 13 hours straight north of Billings up across the Medicine Line. I've spent alot of time in Deadwood as we used to sell bulls down in Sturgis every spring. Anybody going there had better stop at Dr. John Ismay's vet clinic across from the Sturgis Stockyards-you won't find a more colorful or knowledgeable horse vet anywhere-just tell him the captain of the All Canadian Grizzley Bear A.I. team sent you. I'm sure I could take you on a cultural tour of Deadwood that you'd surely remember-(well maybe not the next morning) lol. If you don't have fun down there you might as well lay down on I-90 and let a truck hit you lol. Another good place to eat is the Elk Creek Ranch Steak House between Sturgis and Rapid City. Here's a thought for anybody going to Mt. Rushmore-imagine taking a trailer load of bulls to the top sightseeing then losing your trailer brakes on the way back down lol.

Northern Rancher said:
nr I am 13 hours straight north of Billings up across the Medicine Line. I've spent alot of time in Deadwood as we used to sell bulls down in Sturgis every spring. Anybody going there had better stop at Dr. John Ismay's vet clinic across from the Sturgis Stockyards-you won't find a more colorful or knowledgeable horse vet anywhere-just tell him the captain of the All Canadian Grizzley Bear A.I. team sent you. I'm sure I could take you on a cultural tour of Deadwood that you'd surely remember-(well maybe not the next morning) lol. If you don't have fun down there you might as well lay down on I-90 and let a truck hit you lol. Another good place to eat is the Elk Creek Ranch Steak House between Sturgis and Rapid City. Here's a thought for anybody going to Mt. Rushmore-imagine taking a trailer load of bulls to the top sightseeing then losing your trailer brakes on the way back down lol.
Doubt we'll need a horse vet but thank you for the Steak House suggestion. We'll try to see if it is as good as you remembered it.
And if you change your mind and want to come and give us the cultural tour of Deadwood, your on buddy! :D

Northern Rancher said:

Sadly, things change.

NR, you have dated yourself as to how long it's been since you've been to Sturgis. The sale barn has been torn down now for two years.

John and Bonnie Ismay have expanded their buildings for vet work a little, but not towards where the salebarn used to set. And they tell me that Elk Creek Steakhouse is not a very good place to get a steak anymore. I haven't been there in years.

And when I go out to eat, it usually isn't for steak as I see no reason to eat a lower quality item than I can have at home! :wink: :lol:

(captai of the canadian grizzly bear AI team. Yeah, sure, right. Yeah, I believe him. Sure I do. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

That's how John introduced me to a client one day-last time I was in Sturgis was in 2002 on way back from Albuquerque we overnighted at Brad and Darla Severson's. That old salebarn was lots of fun when Schulte's ran it for sure. Had a good time with him and Lynn weishar in Deadwood one night lol. I guess Elk Creek seemed pretty good last time because Ismay picked up the tab lol. I'll never forget him filling that stuffed elk head up with Amway Fresh breath spray and then lighting it-we had a fire breathing elk there for awhile lol. At various times John has introduced me as a Grizzley bear A.I'er.a Norwegian Fjord breeder,a horse chiropracter,a budgie vet,an FDA drug investigator and god knows what else-never a dull moment.

Northern Rancher said:
That's how John introduced me to a client one day-last time I was in Sturgis was in 2002 on way back from Albuquerque we overnighted at Brad and Darla Severson's. That old salebarn was lots of fun when Schulte's ran it for sure. Had a good time with him and Lynn weishar in Deadwood one night lol. I guess Elk Creek seemed pretty good last time because Ismay picked up the tab lol. I'll never forget him filling that stuffed elk head up with Amway Fresh breath spray and then lighting it-we had a fire breathing elk there for awhile lol. At various times John has introduced me as a Grizzley bear A.I'er.a Norwegian Fjord breeder,a horse chiropracter,a budgie vet,an FDA drug investigator and god knows what else-never a dull moment.

Help me out here- I'm trying to picture what happens to all the fur on an elk head when you lit the breath spray????

I might sing 'Walk like an Egyptian' on a cordless mike with an all girl band in Saloon #10 like last trip but not lighting any more stuffed elk on fire lol. You guys will have a blast down there.

Latest posts