• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BRAVO ! Agman's corn analysis is the nuts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan said:
Econ101 said:
If you want free advice, you will get what you pay for. I wouldn't give you any advice, texan, except to get out of the way.
That's about what I expected from you, ekon. Worth every bit as much as if you had made a market prediction. Just another example of your ignorance of the cattle business. :lol:

Any other expectation than the nothing I gave you would have been foolish.

It is a foolish man who gives to those who don't appreciate. You ask for something free and act put out when you get what you deserve.

Econ101 said:

It is a foolish man who gives to those who don't appreciate. You ask for something free and act put out when you get what you deserve.
You don't have a clue about cattle markets, do you? :lol:

Texan said:
Econ101 said:

I don't deal in specific predictions on commodities although I have done some of that work in the past.

As the cattlemen who were defrauded in the Pickett Case know, only the big packers know how they will push the markets. It seems to me on some of Agman's previous responses (when I can get one out of him) he does from time to time have some indications of that inside information.

Commodity economists have their place but they have their limitations. The USDA puts out crop reports and they are analyzed by a lot of people. The USDA comes out with the forecasts and number crunchers like Agman can give good information on that analysis, but as I have said before, there are limitations. Changes in crop production, as you have stated, is one of those limitations. The time period is another as is global production, global demand, and other factors.

Texan, I wouldn't two step as a side show for either you or Brad S. For you two to think otherwise is your own foolishness.

Econ101 said:
Texan, I wouldn't two step as a side show for either you or Brad S. For you two to think otherwise is your own foolishness.
Neither one of us has asked you to dance, little lady. You're delusional again. Maybe it's time for you to make that phone call? Tell 'em back at rehab to disinfect a sick pen and open up the gate, you're headin' down the alley. Can you say - REPULL? :lol:

Texan said:
Econ101 said:
Neither one of us has asked you to dance, little lady. You're delusional again. Maybe it's time for you to make that phone call? Tell 'em back at rehab to disinfect a sick pen and open up the gate, you're headin' down the alley. Can you say - REPULL? :lol:
Looks like to me . more likely it's a chronic . No response to treatment and symptoms becoming rampant. At some point it is just a waste of meds. SR

Bingo!

"Prices can't go up unless the supply comes down"

Duuuuuhhhhh! My name is Conman and Highschool was the best 10 years of my life.

~SH~

Econ101 said:
Texan said:
Econ101 said:

I don't deal in specific predictions on commodities although I have done some of that work in the past.

As the cattlemen who were defrauded in the Pickett Case know, only the big packers know how they will push the markets. It seems to me on some of Agman's previous responses (when I can get one out of him) he does from time to time have some indications of that inside information
########

Econ, are you saying here that Agman is using "insider information" to give his business and his customers an edge over other such businesses and producers?

Surely such an implication or accusation requires evidence and facts to support it, doesn't it?????

MRJ

Commodity economists have their place but they have their limitations. The USDA puts out crop reports and they are analyzed by a lot of people. The USDA comes out with the forecasts and number crunchers like Agman can give good information on that analysis, but as I have said before, there are limitations. Changes in crop production, as you have stated, is one of those limitations. The time period is another as is global production, global demand, and other factors.

Econ101 said:
Texan said:
Econ101 said:

As the cattlemen who were defrauded in the Pickett Case know, only the big packers know how they will push the markets. It seems to me on some of Agman's previous responses (when I can get one out of him) he does from time to time have some indications of that inside information.

Would you please explain your claim regarding packers' knowledge with
out knowing what consumers may do? You are clueless about these markets, you don't need to advertise that fact anymore. Your lack of any knowledge and integrity is shocking. You continue to make your endless claims without ever providing support. Don't embarrass your profession, if you actually have one, with your foolish and unsupported statements.

agman said:
Econ101 said:
Texan said:

Would you please explain your claim regarding packers' knowledge with
out knowing what consumers may do? You are clueless about these markets, you don't need to advertise that fact anymore. Your lack of any knowledge and integrity is shocking. You continue to make your endless claims without ever providing support. Don't embarrass your profession, if you actually have one, with your foolish and unsupported statements.

What exactly is the question, here, Agman? Tyson knows the inferior beef it sells at Walmart will sell because there is no competition for it in Walmart's meat case (or rarely). Walmart/Sams Club has segmented the beef it sells with Walmart selling inferior graded meat and Sam's club selling better choice meat. When the consumer goes into Walmart to pick up a few items and meanders over to the meat section to get something for supper, Tyson knows what the consumer will do. There is no competition so the consumer has less choice.d (pun intended). They will pick what is available.

I never said Tyson's moves are not calculated. It is just that consumers lose choice because of exclusive meat deals with Walmart.

When Tyson started buying inferior beef and discriminating against the cash market, they had to have some place to sell that meat (they even had to prep it up with a salt solution to get more moisture in it).

I never said Tyson doesn't know what the consumer will probably do. I have just said it is not competitive when they control so much of the market and consumers have less choice (pun again).

Lying King: "Tyson knows the inferior beef it sells at Walmart will sell because there is no competition for it in Walmart's meat case (or rarely)."

What a stupid statement. If it was inferior quality IT WOULDN'T SELL!

Lying King: "Walmart/Sams Club has segmented the beef it sells with Walmart selling inferior graded meat and Sam's club selling better choice meat."

HAHAHA!

Another bold faced lie.

I couldn't respond to such stupidity even if I tried.

Lying King: "When the consumer goes into Walmart to pick up a few items and meanders over to the meat section to get something for supper, Tyson knows what the consumer will do. There is no competition so the consumer has less choice.d (pun intended). They will pick what is available."

If the beef was inferior quality, THEY WOULDN'T BUY IT!

Lying King: "I never said Tyson's moves are not calculated. It is just that consumers lose choice because of exclusive meat deals with Walmart."

No consumer would be forced to buy meat only at Walmart EVEN IF THERE WAS ANY TRUTH TO YOUR INFERIOR QUALITY CLAIM WHICH THERE ISN'T!

There isn't any truth to anything you say.

Lying King: "When Tyson started buying inferior beef and discriminating against the cash market, they had to have some place to sell that meat (they even had to prep it up with a salt solution to get more moisture in it)."

Buying inferior beef? That's a bold faced lie! An out and out lie!

I have never in my life seen such a complete idiot try to pretend they actually knew something about the cattle/beef industry. Is lying like this some kind of sick game for you?

~SH~

SH, "What a stupid statement. If it was inferior quality IT WOULDN'T SELL!"

Nobody buys products that are of inferior quality?

~SH~ said:
Lying King: "Tyson knows the inferior beef it sells at Walmart will sell because there is no competition for it in Walmart's meat case (or rarely)."

What a stupid statement. If it was inferior quality IT WOULDN'T SELL!

Lying King: "Walmart/Sams Club has segmented the beef it sells with Walmart selling inferior graded meat and Sam's club selling better choice meat."

HAHAHA!

Another bold faced lie.

I couldn't respond to such stupidity even if I tried.

Lying King: "When the consumer goes into Walmart to pick up a few items and meanders over to the meat section to get something for supper, Tyson knows what the consumer will do. There is no competition so the consumer has less choice.d (pun intended). They will pick what is available."

If the beef was inferior quality, THEY WOULDN'T BUY IT!

Lying King: "I never said Tyson's moves are not calculated. It is just that consumers lose choice because of exclusive meat deals with Walmart."

No consumer would be forced to buy meat only at Walmart EVEN IF THERE WAS ANY TRUTH TO YOUR INFERIOR QUALITY CLAIM WHICH THERE ISN'T!

There isn't any truth to anything you say.

Lying King: "When Tyson started buying inferior beef and discriminating against the cash market, they had to have some place to sell that meat (they even had to prep it up with a salt solution to get more moisture in it)."

Buying inferior beef? That's a bold faced lie! An out and out lie!

I have never in my life seen such a complete idiot try to pretend they actually knew something about the cattle/beef industry. Is lying like this some kind of sick game for you?

~SH~

Russia has had inferior quality food for sale for quite some time. Until recently, their shelves were often empty.

I have been to Mexico where the open meat market had flies landing on the meat. It still got sold.

Are you saying that the select meat at Walmart is the same quality as the choice at Sam's? If you are, you are showing your ingnorance of the beef industry once again.

Why don't you stop wasting time on ranchers and work on your GED?

Sandcheska: "Nope, just pointing out a case of you popping the clutch on your mouth before you brain was in gear."

You haven't refuted anything I've stated here. All you did is provide more cheap talk like you always do.

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "If you were so good, at your age, you would not be a junior loan officer in a small country bank."

I'm doing what I want where I want. I took a sizable pay cut to move back home - did it for my kids. Fortunes can be made quickly in the futures markets. If you were so hot, you would of made yours long ago and wouldn't be around here to define arrogance for us.

On Oct. 31, anybody can accurately predict what the price of corn will be on Nov. 1. Doing it on May 1 seperates the men from the boys. Anybody can watch the weather and adjust.

How do you know that I did not make it years ago already?!! Rest assured, I could have retired many, many years ago if I I had l elected to do so. I am one of the most blessed people on earth for many reason including monetary success which is the least important. To move for the best interest of your family is a noble deed. However, many washed-out stockbrokers make similar claims as you have. Some even end up as junior bank loan officers. I will take you for your word as I consider you honest but often highly misinformed. With today's communications you why did you not maintain your business at your present location? People don't care where you live as long a you produce for them. Could you not retain your customers? If you need assistance in finding a sponsor I am willing to help you. I can do that for you with one phone call with one of the most respected stock firms in the country.

My own personal trading in futures is limited to hedging cattle and/or grain inventory values. I don't speculate and have less than a handful of customers who do speculate. Agriculture is a margin business and my emphasis has always been in evaluating risk and protecting operating margins for customers. That was so long before you even knew how to spell "hedging".The many bankers and those at the highest levels of finance who know me will verify that along with those who monitor trading activity such as the CME, CBOT, and the CFTC. I will leave speculating to people such as yourself who by default claim to know exactly what the weather will do!!! I will spend my time evaluating the risk associated with various weather conditions whatever they prove to be. They do change as will the associated risk to users.

Why have you dodged posting your weather forecast for the spring and summer growing season? If you actually know you as you have by default claimed you could make alot of money speculating. That has me speculating as to why you have failed to post your weather forecast. I am certain all the readers of this forum want to know.

Latest posts