• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brood mare

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alice said:
Children are removed from their parents when the parents cannot provide the basic necessities. This woman is providing those necessities with the help of community and state programs.

Let me assure you of something, A-Plus...the state does not WANT children in their care. That really, really, really runs into money. Caseworkers have more children's cases than they can handle, and the turn over of caseworkers is incredible because of low pay and major stress. Foster homes are scarce...and finding a family that would take more than 2 children is close to impossible, and separating the children here there and yonder is harmful to them. Siblings need desperately to be kept together.

What this woman receives in the way of what is commonly termed welfare is less than what the outlay would be if the children were in the state's care. Taking children away from a mother, or father, that gives them love, support, security, nurturing, and parental care is harmful to the children and causes all kinds of emotional problems, especially as the children get older.

The idea of taking children from their parent/s because the parent/s have to rely on support programs is just plain wrong minded...just plain wrong.

Alice

I do not doubt it is more costly on a per case basis, but if hard rules were applied then these women would quit getting pregnant on purpose to get welfare checks. If children were taken away in these extreme cases then women would quit doing this for the money!

Plus I have no problem paying taxes to take care of children as long as the parent does not benefit. I would rather have a rise in my taxes to pay for better foster care than to support Brood Mares doing it for welfare checks!

I say take the kids away and throw the parents mom and dad in jail for welfare abuse and the problem goes away!

Cal said:
hillsdown said:
You guys are forgetting the most important thing ,,, it takes TWO to get pregnant. And I didn't read anywhere in this story where she was AI'd.

Men need to take responsibility that when they have unprotected sex a child could be the result of it. Why the hell is it always the woman's fault??
If you (the male species with semen) are not prepared for the consequences use your god damned hand.. :mad:
Your absolutely right, it takes two, but the woman is left with the pregnancy and child, while the totally worthless male probably doesn't have his life changed at all....so it would really be more to her advantage to take the extra responsibilty to say no. Around here those males that are delingquent with child support, which is started when women with dependent children apply for welfare, lose their drivers license and have their wages garnished.....so we end up with alot of these welfare studs driving around with no license (or insurance) that also work under the table for cash like illegal aliens. The child support amounts of some of the short term labor that I've had work is way up in the tens of thousands of dollars. They take no responsibility for where they stick it and do everything they can to avoid paying for the consequences. Why any woman would want part of something like that is beyond my comprehension.

Just a question Cal: Did you garnish the wages of that short term help or pay them in cash?

hillsdown said:
You guys are forgetting the most important thing ,,, it takes TWO to get pregnant. And I didn't read anywhere in this story where she was AI'd.

Men need to take responsibility that when they have unprotected sex a child could be the result of it. Why the hell is it always the woman's fault??
If you (the male species with semen) are not prepared for the consequences use your god damned hand.. :mad:

Well this wouldn't definitely take care of the unwanted pregnancies. Now all the old gal needs is a big vibrator to take care of her needs.

Now all the old gal needs is a big vibrator to take care of her needs.

Don't tell me the taxpayers are going to have to pick up the tab on that one. Oh well it's for the good of the children

Latest posts