• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

built a website for my pictures....just for fun(looking)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
I may not keep it. I just wanted to have some pictures I've taken grouped together. They aren't of good enough quality to blow up and sell. If your bored and want to see some pictures....take a look. I have lots more to put on there and will be pecking away at it. Theres 4 pages, 3 pages of picture...60 pictures right now....going to be moving some around and all that....just getting them on there.


**EDITED**: I am having to shut down the website..... pictures moved to here...

www.raranch.blogspot.com



Thanks
 

SDNebraskan

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
NE
I usually just lurk around and read the posts, but had to comment on your website with your pictures......AWESOME!!!! :D
 

jopie

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
The Netherlands
I don't have much with horses , more with cows and goats, but these pictures are great.
It must have take you a lot of time to get some of these photo's.
I liked them very much!
 

SteKat Ranch

New member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Missouri
R A your photography is beautiful. I looked at your website and it is great but you need some kind of lock on your photos. Right now if you right click on a photo you can copy it and people will steal them and claim they own them. You are a very good photographer don't let someone steal your work.
 

Red Barn Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Location
Eastern KS
RA, you don't need a new camera, you need an agent. Those are terrific photos. I have no idea how you could get them published or sell them but they are certainly of fine quality and would be worth a good price. Maybe Western Horseman, they have a calendar I think, or Clymer Museum in Ellensburg, WA. They display many beautiful photos of western type things.l Thanks for sharing.
 

Red Barn Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Location
Eastern KS
My mistake, Clymer is just for paintings. But there just have to be other places to show those great photos.
 

balestabber

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
Location
midwest
yippers,all u need is some captions or words to go with those pics.

i just got thru your gallery,the white bramer calf on the third page
might even work on my mule request i have in 'coffee shop'

i won't use it without your permission,,what do ya think ?
 

RSL

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
1,835
Reaction score
0
Location
48 5W4
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
SDNebraskan said:
I usually just lurk around and read the posts, but had to comment on your website with your pictures......AWESOME!!!! :D

You deciding to make a post on this thread is greatly appreciated and made my day by what you said. Thank you very much!
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
jopie said:
I don't have much with horses , more with cows and goats, but these pictures are great.
It must have take you a lot of time to get some of these photo's.
I liked them very much!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed looking at them. To be honest, I'm not much of a photographer....I'm just shooting what I see as it happens. I just pack a camera every where or have it around my neck. I spend a lot of time just hanging out with my herd. I just shoot things as I'm checking them. Thanks again!
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
cowy said:
Very nice photos.
I really like the Bramers, don't get to see many of them around here...

Thank you! There aren't very many around here either. I'm pretty close to the Iowa line. I start seeing more starting in the southern part of Missouri here. I really like them. When I sold out of bucking bulls and got into the beef business, I had to sell most of my brahma cows. I had selected them for throwing athletes and they weren't going to throw the beef. I only keep a couple. I'll probably build up a few more purebreds here in a few years. My brahmas refuse to go in the ponds to cool off in the summer, so they baby sit all the black cows' calves and keep them content a way from the ponds while the black cows cool off.....it's funny.
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
SteKat Ranch said:
R A your photography is beautiful. I looked at your website and it is great but you need some kind of lock on your photos. Right now if you right click on a photo you can copy it and people will steal them and claim they own them. You are a very good photographer don't let someone steal your work.

Thank you! I appreciate your concern! I'm still trying to figure out the right click disable codes you put in and all that. When I had my bucking bull site going, I could put a picture frame deal over the whole page on each page and photos couldn't get stolen, but with this new version of webbuilder deal, I can't do it. To be honest, it really doesn't bother me. I'm just messing around with the pictures. I shoot from a horse or free standing, my camera is all beat up, the lense is scratched, its been dropped, banged, smacked a 100 times......I'm just shooting what I see at the time.....my photos can be hard to blow because of all that. I had to optimize each photo on the site to a lot smaller size, so I can get more memory out of the site, so that might ruin the quality even more when right clicked...?????...I don't know though on that. I wouldn't consider myself a photographer....lol. ....maybe just a as it happens capturer....lol.
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
Red Barn Angus said:
RA, you don't need a new camera, you need an agent. Those are terrific photos. I have no idea how you could get them published or sell them but they are certainly of fine quality and would be worth a good price. Maybe Western Horseman, they have a calendar I think, or Clymer Museum in Ellensburg, WA. They display many beautiful photos of western type things.l Thanks for sharing.


Red Barn Angus said:
My mistake, Clymer is just for paintings. But there just have to be other places to show those great photos.

You're too kind....too kind! Thank you! Honestly I wouldn't feel worthy of any of that. I'm just checking fence or checking cows and going hey that's kinda neat....click.... hmmmm look at that...click. How do I say this and not come across bad......I do feel they are neat enough to show on a low key level like I did.... for the heck of it.....and I really enjoy looking at them. I remember every instance of what I was doing on every picture. There's a gate I have to get off and open for my boy and I to go through every night with our horses, so that's where all the little boy outlines come from. The other morning a quite a few hour fog was set in.....I was talking to my weaning steers and heifers while they ate....taking pictures of the horses in a pasture next to them....some of those are on the site......just stuff like that..... it's really easy to get them. Thank again!
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
balestabber said:
yippers,all u need is some captions or words to go with those pics.

i just got thru your gallery,the white bramer calf on the third page
might even work on my mule request i have in 'coffee shop'

i won't use it without your permission,,what do ya think ?

I went and read your poem....if you ask me...with your references in that poem, I personally would go with a mule picture as you originally thought?????? I don't have a single mule picture. I've been looking everyday on craigslist for one though :D
 

R A

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
RSL said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D
 

SteKat Ranch

New member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Missouri
R A said:
SteKat Ranch said:
R A your photography is beautiful. I looked at your website and it is great but you need some kind of lock on your photos. Right now if you right click on a photo you can copy it and people will steal them and claim they own them. You are a very good photographer don't let someone steal your work.

Thank you! I appreciate your concern! I'm still trying to figure out the right click disable codes you put in and all that. When I had my bucking bull site going, I could put a picture frame deal over the whole page on each page and photos couldn't get stolen, but with this new version of webbuilder deal, I can't do it. To be honest, it really doesn't bother me. I'm just messing around with the pictures. I shoot from a horse or free standing, my camera is all beat up, the lense is scratched, its been dropped, banged, smacked a 100 times......I'm just shooting what I see at the time.....my photos can be hard to blow because of all that. I had to optimize each photo on the site to a lot smaller size, so I can get more memory out of the site, so that might ruin the quality even more when right clicked...?????...I don't know though on that. I wouldn't consider myself a photographer....lol. ....maybe just a as it happens capturer....lol.

R A Your a Photographer. I know one when I see one.
 
Top