• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull customer sold today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
I need to do a little bragging for a long time bull customer of mine. This afternoon Bruce Ranch sold his calves. He has been breeding his Red Angus cows to Red Angus bulls for as long as I know. All of his calves sold very good, but the highlight was his heifers. He sold 107 head weighing 502 lbs and got $195.50/cwt! Then he had a load of steers that weighed 569 lbs and they sold for $1.67 and a load of steers weighing 487 lbs and they sold for $1.83. Not bad for April calves :)

BRG said:
I need to do a little bragging for a long time bull customer of mine. This afternoon Bruce Ranch sold his calves. He has been breeding his Red Angus cows to Red Angus bulls for as long as I know. All of his calves sold very good, but the highlight was his heifers. He sold 107 head weighing 502 lbs and got $195.50/cwt! Then he had a load of steers that weighed 569 lbs and they sold for $1.67 and a load of steers weighing 487 lbs and they sold for $1.83. Not bad for April calves :)

Those are some mighty good sales, BRG. Red Angus are showing their true colors as being very efficient good doing cattle, and the buyers are responding with enthusiasm. Those heifer calves will go on to make some remarkable momma cows.

We lucked out and hit a "bull market" on our open heifers yesterday at Valentine Livestock. The Kosmo Kid and I sorted them into two groups Wednesday evening, and loaded them out Thursday morning. Our "show bunch" of 60 head at the sale weighed an average of 962 pounds. I thought they looked kind of pretty coming in to the ring, and evidently the buyers thought so, too. When the dust settled, they brought $143.10 per cwt, or $1377.46 per head. I tried to keep a calm poker face, but it was kind of hard. :) Twenty-six head of lighter heifers weighed 844 and brought $137.50 per cwt, or $1160.54 per head. The others were odds and ends, and sold accordingly, but the 95 heifers averaged $1283 per head before expenses. Earlier I was very disappointed with having so many open heifers, but now I'm wondering if bulls should have been kept away from all of them. :? :???: Anyway, I was on Cloud 9 all the way home. :wink:

Soapweed said:
BRG said:

Those are some mighty good sales, BRG. Red Angus are showing their true colors as being very efficient good doing cattle, and the buyers are responding with enthusiasm. Those heifer calves will go on to make some remarkable momma cows.

We lucked out and hit a "bull market" on our open heifers yesterday at Valentine Livestock. The Kosmo Kid and I sorted them into two groups Wednesday evening, and loaded them out Thursday morning. Our "show bunch" of 60 head at the sale weighed an average of 962 pounds. I thought they looked kind of pretty coming in to the ring, and evidently the buyers thought so, too. When the dust settled, they brought $143.10 per cwt, or $1377.46 per head. I tried to keep a calm poker face, but it was kind of hard. :) Twenty-six head of lighter heifers weighed 844 and brought $137.50 per cwt, or $1160.54 per head. The others were odds and ends, and sold accordingly, but the 95 heifers averaged $1283 per head before expenses. Earlier I was very disappointed with having so many open heifers, but now I'm wondering if bulls should have been kept away from all of them. :? :???: Anyway, I was on Cloud 9 all the way home. :wink:

grand babies college fund started? :lol:

hayguy said:
Soapweed said:
BRG said:

Good idea. :)

Soapweed said:
BRG said:

:shock: :clap:

Soapweed said:
hayguy said:
Soapweed said:

Good idea. :)

Congratulations!! Nice to know people are getting paid for good cattle.
I figured those opens would be worth a good chunk of change!

That's great Soapweed, glad to see some folks getting well paid for their cattle. They would have been $1.20-24 here.

Did those gold-plated heifers go to feed or back out to a ranch for another try at breeding them? Either way they were expensive cattle.

gcreekrch said:
That's great Soapweed, glad to see some folks getting well paid for their cattle. They would have been $1.20-24 here.

Did those gold-plated heifers go to feed or back out to a ranch for another try at breeding them? Either way they were expensive cattle.

I think they went to a feedlot. After the sale, two different order buyers, at separate times, told me they thought these cattle brought an all-time record price for nine-weight heifers going to a feedyard.

Soapweed said:
gcreekrch said:

I think they went to a feedlot. After the sale, two different order buyers, at separate times, told me they thought these cattle brought an all-time record price for nine-weight heifers going to a feedyard.

Regardless, I'm glad that you got it. Now Peach can get a cab tractor for Christmas. :wink: :p

gcreekrch said:
Soapweed said:
gcreekrch said:

Regardless, I'm glad that you got it. Now Peach can get a cab tractor for Christmas. :wink: :p

new umbrellas for the 40-20's :wink: :lol:

Latest posts