• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bush Asleep at the Wheel

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldTimer
How come you rightwingnuts that were fearmongering about Obama turning the country over to his Muslim Bretheren aren't screaming about his [/]appointing the top Marine General-- or wanting to keep continuity with Gates[/b]...

that just goes to show that at Least obama knows how wrong he was in judgeing our Military.... now when you Leftwingidiots figure out how wrong Obama is on on our defense you will be glad he stayed with the BushIII national security team to start with..

Steve said:
OldTimer
How come you rightwingnuts that were fearmongering about Obama turning the country over to his Muslim Bretheren aren't screaming about his [/]appointing the top Marine General-- or wanting to keep continuity with Gates[/b]...

that just goes to show that at Least obama knows how wrong he was in judgeing our Military.... now when you Leftwingidiots figure out how wrong Obama is on on our defense you will be glad he stayed with the BushIII national security team to start with..

It couldn't be those rightwingers were drinking up the Rush fearmongering and rightwing e-mail false innuendos campaign- rather than looking at the policies and plans Obama was really putting out- could it :???:

He actually had a policy all the time about a stronger military than any of the other candidates- and for the last many months has supported a policy which is almost identical to the one the Rand Corporation gave to the pentagon and is being more adhered to by Gates and his team for fighting worldwide terrorism...

I just heard him again yesterday say we need to get out of Iraq-so we can do the real job of fighting Al Quaeda and taking care of Afghanistan- something that went on the back burner to fight Bush's War... But from what I am gathering being put out by a lot of experts on the area- it is too little, too late in Afghanistan- and much of the chances to change that area by direct troop involvement have passed us by...

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
Why are you carping about Bush deregulating and not the deregulators on Obama's team? After making a stand before the election about the problems caused by deregulation, you should be incensed by Obama's choices. You got taken for a ride.

"All three advisers — whom Obama will officially name on Monday and Tuesday — have been followers of the economic formula that came to be called Rubinomics: balanced budgets, free trade and financial deregulation, a combination that was credited with fueling the prosperity of the 1990s. "

A lot of folks are learning what was first learned at the turn of the 20th century- that unregulated, unpoliced financial institutions, commerce, and trade will not work to the benefit of the country as a whole-- as greed takes over and corrupts those involved...

OT you echo what I said above. And there is absolutely no way you can totally regulate an industry as big as banking. You're asking two or three people to come into a bank and go over every piece of paper accumulated during the past 12 months and do it in 10 days. And this is for a very small bank. The US Army could not completely oversea the american banking industry to such an extent as to have kept all this from happening. When you have greed at the top of the chain they will always find a way. That goes for any regulated business. And deregulation only made it easier on the crooks and many times harder on the good guys. I can actually understand someone saying "take a vacation". I often felt that way myself back in my banking days. There is much more to it than passing regulations and appointing regulators.

Bush may have been asleep at the wheel, but he didn't get any help from those in Congress that should have helped defray the mortgage meltdown either. The only thing is, Bush will be gone, the other co- conspirators are still in leadership positions. One of my measurements of president Obama will be if he will name names of those responsible, regardless if they have an R or a D by their name.

The mortgage industry needs to admit they are part of the problem. They knew they were loaning money to high risk people and then they are shocked when they default. They reaped the profits when things were good, CEO's got large salaries/bonuses, then they get public money to fix their mistakes and bad decisions.

Latest posts