• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CAFTA - agman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Here is one view of CAFTA agman. I wonder what you think it would do for the cow/calf, yearling operator. Thanks.

Link: http://www.wlj.net/editorial/041805_opposing_opinions_over_cafta.asp

"I wonder what you think it would do for the cow/calf, yearling operator."

If we fail to expand the marketing opportunities for BEEF we will see this industry continue to shrink. We are only one more fad away from seeing our perceived BEEF LOVERS find a new "food date"!! People are spending more on food because they have a little extra money because they did not trade autos, bought a newer boat etc............. When they can afford to buy big ticket items again they will pinch pennies at the grocery store! This is not rocket science......just basic economics and behavorial buying habits of the American/World consumers! :roll:

The effect on beef trade is insignificant, but in a positive direction.

We need a north & south American trade zone because the EU would like to become a trading bully. This is yet another facet of trade the protectionists fail to apreciate.

the real jake said:
Here is one view of CAFTA agman. I wonder what you think it would do for the cow/calf, yearling operator. Thanks.

Link: http://www.wlj.net/editorial/041805_opposing_opinions_over_cafta.asp

The article has merit in that we are the most efficient in finishing cattle. We can capture the benefit of added value. Central and South America are more suited to grass fed cattle but even there they are not as efficient as many are led to believe. I can take two years to make a yearling due to weight gain and seasonal weight loss.

Brad makes an excellent point overlooked by most who criticize trade agreements. First, history is on the side of the benefits of trade versus the economic cost of protectionism. He touched on the much larger issue that is the economic and trading blocks that are developing. Europe, Asia and the America's plus Canada will shape and form new economic powers. Inter-regional trade is essential in this new economic landscape. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

I can just see the new organization forming now. R-CAFTA (Ranchers and Cattlemen Against Free Trade Agreements) :roll:

SASH said:
I can just see the new organization forming now. R-CAFTA (Ranchers and Cattlemen Against Free Trade Agreements) :roll:

REsponse..They make a veiled attempts to hide their protectionist bias. It gets hilarious. Their positions are the outgrowth of ignorance, not knowledge.

Latest posts