• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Border Agents Flee- No Guns????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ditto,none of mine been answered either,you claim to be Canadian yet you can't answer a simple quiz.If you could answer my quiz you would understand why I think we're too leniant on criminals!! I don't believe in the death penalty for one reason.The chance an innocent person is sentenced to death.What a country does with thier own criminals is up to them not me!!

Not a single person has addressed my initial post or answered any of my questions.

I thought I did when I suggested you let them move next door to you, but let me say it again...

What's wrong with refusing to extradite war deserters and people facing the death penalty?

No Problem keep them...I already suggested that you keep them next door to you......

The problem I see with you keeping a person we want to put to death is that you would have to let them live amongst your citizens....as locking them up with out a trial is unfair by your own admittance.....

so if you want the scum of the earth roaming around Canada it's up to you...

if you want to keep them in your prison locked up with no trial, because your afraid to let them out because they will probably kill again...if t's okey with you....it's okey with me...

so here is your choice on Keeping Death penalty criminals...

Keep them locked up....with out a trial...(like we do with terrorists)...

Send them here and they will get a trial and maybe the death penelty..

or stand by your principles and let them free to kill again... in fact let them stay at your house....

does that answer your question?

oh yes the deserter...Keep them to,,,in fact give them welfare...health care,,,and whatever else you give to your citizens...I really don't think I want them back...would you like some war protestors to? heck, let them join your military to...just don't count on them being there when you need them... :lol:

And then after you've knocked off a few hundred civilians and turned their families against you, are those people dumb bastards as well? Where does it end?

Had they not commited terrorist acts against this country it would have already ended...

if they stopped today it would end....

when someong is shooting at you is not a good time to get all cuddly with them.......

so the answer is simple when they stop Killing Americans it will end.....

would you like me to repost all the terrorist acts against this country over the last 25 years by Radical Islamic terrorists? or would the short list do?

Significant Terrorist Incidents, 1961-2003: A Brief Chronology
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

Why are you so eager to become hostile?

Reason #1
Seeing how the U.S. government treats prisoners, ie. Guantanamo Bay and the sending of prisoners overseas to be tortured, Canada shouldn't send any criminals South of the border.

Reason #2
why should they condemn a person to the death penalty by sending them to another country that still systematically kills its own people?

Reason #3
Maybe there wouldn't be so many 'Islamic terrorists' if we didn't give them something to be angry at us for.

Reason #4
What I am suggesting is that there is another way to deal with criminals that might not involve systematic imprisonment and killing. In fact, there are many ways. Use your imagination. Just a thought...

I imagine them living in your house......just a thought....

and,
What makes you think I am a 'liberal'?

stupid comments like:
Unfortunately, 'understanding' and 'communication' are not in the Republican vocabulary.

I believe I have answered all your Questions....

I have only one, Why use a name that denotes an Iranian religion's prophet

"Zarathustra;,...Iranian prophet, founder of the religion Zoroastrianism.

"Therefore, in the realm of interaction, if human beings act favorably, they receive favorable reaction and vice versa." In this regard, if a terrorist Kills an American , he should not be surprised when some day he will be Killed as well, by an American.

stevec said:
Steve said:
and the founder of an religion, seems to have become convinced that all events of the world are based on cause and effects.

like since the terrorist bombed the US we are bombing the crap out of them...

Jesus Christ believed in cause and effect, too.

He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. That is all the "they bombed us so we bomb them" cycle brings. Death and more death.

To die in Jesus Christ is to live by the Word (ie. to live by the Word is to die by the Word) What this means is to follow ALL of the commandments, not just your favorite five. The political divide is essentially based on people following a different set of five commandments. (Take Clinton's impeachment because of adultery for example. His adultery was an important issue for some people, but not their own greed (coveting of thy neighbor's goods.)

It all comes back to the speck in another's eye versus the log in ones own eye. Of course the terrorists are hypocrites. And America is just as hypocritical in their response. Like Bush insisting that the democratically elected Hamas renounce violence, but continuing to celebrate the violence of George Washington and justifying his own violence as "just." And this is against a backdrop where Israel has built a wall very similar to Russia's Iron Curtain. Where the Soviet Union was the "evil empire" for doing such a thing, our ally Israel does it and not a word is said.

When both political sides dominate the conversation and the culture, and both sides (actually it is more like three or four different sides) are all hypocrites, then the narrow path of faith is to find a way between them all. Swapping sides is just swapping whom you hate. Faith is about loving everyone equally, despite their sins.

So yes, everything is based on cause and effect. One cannot learn to love and forgive until one realizes their own mistakes, first. Once you can see the log in your own eye, then you can understand the splinter in other people's eyes.

Matthew 11:15
He who has ears, let him hear.

Instead of defending the sins, defend the commandments.

stevec, the questions you keep ignoring:http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74826#74826

greg said:
Ditto,none of mine been answered either,you claim to be Canadian yet you can't answer a simple quiz.If you could answer my quiz you would understand why I think we're too leniant on criminals!! I don't believe in the death penalty for one reason.The chance an innocent person is sentenced to death.What a country does with thier own criminals is up to them not me!!

Why would I have answered your questions? Don't you think it's a little childish for you to ask me to answer a quiz so I could speak with you about Canada? Do you think anyone here cares enough to lie about where they're from? I don't.

If you think Canada is too lenient on criminals because of the Homolka fiasco, you'd be taking the exception for the whole. She got off because of bad police work and even worse negotiating on behalf of prosecutors. They didn't realize how involved she was in the murders until after the plea deal.

The Canadian justice system is flawed, I'm not denying that. I just don't agree that longer jail sentences are the cure.

So we agree on the death penalty but not our participation in it. I agree that what a country does with its criminals is their own business, but when the supposed criminal is in our country, we become a participant. Sending a supposed criminal to a country where they face the death penalty is the same as condemning a person to death. At the very least, we become a participant in the killing. Why send a potentially innocent man to his death in another country?

"I thought I did when I suggested you let them move next door to you, but let me say it again..."

Sorry, I should have said that no one addressed my post with any sense of reason. It is not an either/or situation. It's not a case of maintaining Guantanamo and sending 'suspects' to be tortured in other countries OR giving them visas and allowing them to live next door to me. Why not give them a fair trial, since that is what we seem to value in our own systems?

"No Problem keep them...I already suggested that you keep them next door to you......"

I would be glad to have war deserters living next to me.

"The problem I see with you keeping a person we want to put to death is that you would have to let them live amongst your citizens....as locking them up with out a trial is unfair by your own admittance....."

Why would we have to lock them up without a trial? Why couldn't we look at the evidence for ourselves and make a decision, or even turn the supposed criminal over to the US gov't with an agreement that the supposed criminal would not face the death penalty?

"so if you want the scum of the earth roaming around Canada it's up to you..."

I didn't say that's what I wanted.

"if you want to keep them in your prison locked up with no trial, because your afraid to let them out because they will probably kill again...if t's okey with you....it's okey with me..."

Why do you think there would be no trial?

"does that answer your question?"

No. You offered your opinion and you jumped to some conclusions, but you did not answer my questions.

Steve- You may have just solved our prison overcrowding problem- sentence them all to death sentences and then let them escape to Canada :wink: :lol:

SteveC incorrectly wrote:
What this means is to follow ALL of the commandments, not just your favorite five. The political divide is essentially based on people following a different set of five commandments.

might try Exodus chapter 21 verse 12...and apply it to the terrorist who strike at US with will to kill US....are we not required to put them to Death?

and...Exodus Chapter 21 verse 14 ...For those terrorists that lie in wait for many years amongst US, are we not to cast them out so they shall die?

in Exodus 21, verse 24, and 25...Would not retribution be required? of the terrorists?

In Exodus 21 verse 29 Would not our warning the terrorists that they will be responsible for those that follow thier evil words be Justification to put them to death?

And in Exodus capter 22, verse 2....If a "terroristf" is found to "undermine" your "country"...if he dies,....He that slew him will not be guilty of taking his life....?

and I am sure Exodus chapter 22 verse 19 applies to Osama......

and Exodus Chapter 22 verse 22 through 24 be applied to not only the Talaban, Osama but also to Saddam and his sons? ....Would not the LORD strike them as they did to those they made suffer?

There are "Laws of Retaliation""Laws of Retribution" laid out in Exodus.....

in most the "offender" is put to death.......so claiming to uphold the Ten Commandments is not enough, .if you disregard the rest of GOD's word.....as presented in the "Laws of Retalialtion" and the "Laws of Retribution" are you not the hypocrite?

in most of the Commandments the wording is,..."shall be put to death"...

not let them move in and live in your land...oops thats another subject...

iranian god wrote:
but you did not answer my questions.

Just because you didn't like the answer does not mean I did not answer your questions............

Why would we have to lock them up without a trial? Why couldn't we look at the evidence for ourselves and make a decision,

and let little legal things like Jursdiction and rules of evidence interfer?
how could you actually convict a murderer.?

bring the witness to Canada?

Make US give up what evidence we collected?

and if they are set free.....because you can't convict them without witnesses or evidence,

then can they live with you?

or at least next door to you?

so you are left with two choices Keep them in jail with out a trial....

or let them live in your country free to kill again....

Oldtimer said:
Steve- You may have just solved our prison overcrowding problem- sentence them all to death sentences and then let them escape to Canada :wink: :lol:

Don't laugh. That's exactly what Castro did to us a few years back.

Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Til heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, til all be fulfilled" (Mat. 5:17-18). Jesus did indeed fulfil the law. Jesus is the personification of Love. Paul, inspired by the Spirit of Christ wrote, "He that loveth another hath fulfilled the law" (Rom. 13:8) and "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Rom. 13:10) and "The law is fulfilled in one word, even this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus loved even His enemies; even those who crucified Him, enough to die on the cross in incomprehensible agony.

The standard is much higher now, and Christians have the grace to live it by the power of God as we are led by the Holy Spirit. God said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord. I will put my laws [plural] into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them" (Heb. 10:16). The true Church is the "Israel of God" (Gal. 6:16). "If ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the [Old Covenant] law" (Gal. 5:18).

Please dont use the Bible to defend the death sentence.

I agree with the death penlty and have issue with criminals escaping to another country to get out of the justice that has been dealt by our society. If everyone lived by the law set up by Jesus then we would have no need for laws in society but since we will always have some who can not live by that law we have to have a consequence which will make sure that action does not happen again.

Please dont use the Bible to defend the death sentence.

It was in referance to SteveC's post supporting Osama.. and how the US should just let the Islamic terrorists kill US with out US fighting back......He used the Ten commandments as his basis...IE thou shalt not Kill...

I just recommended further reading..........

I agree with the death penlty

I could even accept life in prison with no chance in hell of getting out.....but it seems life in prison means a couple months.....

so until that is fixed I will advocate for the death penelty....

Instead of defending the sins, defend the commandments.It all comes back to the speck in another's eye versus the log in ones own eye

SO what your saying is untill we are perfect we should not stand up for what is wrong?
What do you have to say about
Render what is ceasers unto ceaser render what is the Lords unto the Lord?
If you break a law of Ceaser then you render the consequence unto Ceaser.... The country which you live and or the country in which you broke the law.
It also says that if you have wronged someone you are to seek them out and ask for forgivness. How is running and hiding in Canada seeking someone out?

Sorry steve I didnt read all of stevec's post I should have and I would have posted to him instead. :)

[/quote]

Latest posts