• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Cowboy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

This year for my fantasy NFR team I went away from my usual habit of picking someone from Liberty Belle and Real Jakes area (bulldogging country) for the bulldogging-- this year, on a hunch, I picked a Canuck- Lee Graves- and he's been just walking away with the dough...He has placed every night- tonite splitting first and second.....

Kelly Timberman and Cody Ohl have been doing me good too--Now if I had only stuck with my gut feeling and went with Billy Etbauer instead of Mortenson!!.....

See Oldtimer with age comes wisdom lol. I really am enjoying Joe Beaver commentating the timed events-you can learn alot just listening to him-Butch Knowles as always is a class act.Gotta go the Canadian broncs are goiung to do some ELIMINATING lol.

Northern Rancher said:
See Oldtimer with age comes wisdom lol. I really am enjoying Joe Beaver commentating the timed events-you can learn alot just listening to him-Butch Knowles as always is a class act.Gotta go the Canadian broncs are goiung to do some ELIMINATING lol.

Yeah- it looks like only 3 qualified rides in the SB....Way past my bedtime, but will have to stay up at least thru the broncs...

My picks are:

Royce Ford - BB
Ronnie Fields - SW He isn't doing too bad either
Jake Barnes and Kory Kootz - TR talk about bad luck
Bryce Miller - SB
Cody Ohl - CR Torn groin can't slow him down
Sheri Cervi - BR Pretty average finals
Dustin Elliot - Bulls

This is a good time of year!

My picks are....

Scott Montague BB

Jeff Willert SB

Birch Negaard SW

And that is all I really care about. Wish I didn't have to watch all them ropin events! :wink:

koj said:
My picks are:

Royce Ford - BB
Ronnie Fields - SW He isn't doing too bad either
Jake Barnes and Kory Kootz - TR talk about bad luck
Bryce Miller - SB
Cody Ohl - CR Torn groin can't slow him down
Sheri Cervi - BR Pretty average finals
Dustin Elliot - Bulls

This is a good time of year!

I went with Timberman , Graves, Mortenson, Ohl and Cervi--Went with the Tittels in team roping and little Matt Austin in the bulls....

Yup- Now Jake Barnes can look like a roper...If they don't sew it back on he could be back roping in a few days...I saw one fella that lost a thumb and I think he was back at the areana the next week....

Did Jeff Willert get hurt too bad when he landed last night?

Heard them say Barnes lost a thumb. I've got a scar all the way around mine. I don't wear a wedding ring so tell people who ask about the scar that that is my wedding ring and I just wear it on my thumb! :lol:

That was quite a bunch of broncs. Why didn't Tom Reeves pick any Burch horses? There isn't a one there and they've got good ones. When Red was the even director, there were usually quite a few Burch horses. Maybe politics?

Jinglebob said:
And that is all I really care about. Wish I didn't have to watch all them ropin events! :wink:

I kind of think the same way...I've always thought that they should make it that to win the All Around you have to work both a timed event and a roughstock event- or maybe like the Linderman award, work 3 events with at least one having to be rough stock... Bring back the old real All Arounds like Benny Reynolds......

Last night there sure were a few saddlebronc riders that got an awakening--Some of those guys are normally awful tuff to put on the ground...

Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob said:

I kind of think the same way...I've always thought that they should make it that to win the All Around you have to work both a timed event and a roughstock event- or maybe like the Linderman award, work 3 events with at least one having to be rough stock... Bring back the old real All Arounds like Benny Reynolds......

Last night there sure were a few saddlebronc riders that got an awakening--Some of those guys are normally awful tuff to put on the ground...

I agree about the all around. Did you hear the interview with DeMoss. He seemed to be questioning why so many got bucked off. Maybe they had a cold snap down there and all them horses fired a little better. Why there were two or three that I'm pretty sure I couldn't even have rode! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jinglebob said:
Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob said:

I agree about the all around. Did you hear the interview with DeMoss. He seemed to be questioning why so many got bucked off. Maybe they had a cold snap down there and all them horses fired a little better. Why there were two or three that I'm pretty sure I couldn't even have rode! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeMoss only made it by the fringe on his chaps slowing his exit- that was about all he had left touching the swells :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob said:
Oldtimer said:

DeMoss only made it by the fringe on his chaps slowing his exit- that was about all he had left touching the swells :lol:

I was thinking at the time, "It's a good thing these fellers don't have to ride for 10 seconds, like they used to do." :)

Northern Rancher said:
The Canadian boys handled theirs both Rod Warren and Demoss got a bit of a gift but Roddy Hay hoed it out of his horse.

Roddy sure has been havin' hell. I used to get a kick out of the way he walked so fast back to the chutes but I guess he's gettin' old as he walks a lot slower now!

Any of you guys remember my neighbor Tom Miller who used to ride broncs? He was beat out of the worl championship buy $5 one year by Bobby Berger. Tom still rides colts awful good. All the young fellers from this country have benifited from him at them schools.

I'm loosing ALOT of sleep watching the NFR's. It doesn't come on till midnight EST. :shock: :cry: :roll: :roll:

Sounds like they didn't reattach Jakes thumb... Koontz is going to rope with Trevor Brazille now, altho they won't count any money won by Trevor and they are not eligible for any average money....

Few more of these guys get knocked out of the average chase and things are going to get wicked.....And fast....

I just checked the PRCA website and seen where Lee Graves did it again tonite--1st........Timberman and the Tittels placed too-now if some of my other guys would just come thru....I need to win enough so that when I pick up my check I'll actually have something left after timbering the bar...Either that or pick up my check at 8AM before the regulars show up......

Latest posts