• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can't buck these trends?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs said:
X said:
Do you actually think that most of the men here at Ranchers spend their time wondering what it's like to ride the baloney pony? Get real. :mad:

baloney pony....now I laughed my arse off on that one.......

only time I think about it is if I am worried about going to prison........you can not out run a big strong gay man in an 8 x 8 cell :cry: :cry:

Baloney Pony...probably has something to do with the "stable" relationship R2 is referring to.

Cal said:
jigs said:
X said:
Do you actually think that most of the men here at Ranchers spend their time wondering what it's like to ride the baloney pony? Get real. :mad:

baloney pony....now I laughed my arse off on that one.......

only time I think about it is if I am worried about going to prison........you can not out run a big strong gay man in an 8 x 8 cell :cry: :cry:

Baloney Pony...probably has something to do with the "stable" relationship R2 is referring to.

uhhhh.... I better just let that one go, it could get really ugly if I got to going......

jigs said:
civil union my ass!

gay is wrong, that is why they hide it !

of course a man and woman shacking up is not exactly right either, but at least they are a couple in the way the bible intended.

it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

take all the gay men and put on one island, all the gay women on another island.....which ever breeds a third generation first gets equal rights aas a man and wife!

If gay is wrong then why did God make a man or woman that is attracted to the same sex??? It is predetermined. No person in their right mind would chose a life style that just for that society hates. So tell me jigs and all you others why did God make some people attracted to the same sex?

CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

of course a man and woman shacking up is not exactly right either, but at least they are a couple in the way the bible intended.

take all the gay men and put on one island, all the gay women on another island.....which ever breeds a third generation first gets equal rights aas a man and wife!

If gay is wrong then why did God make a man or woman that is attracted to the same sex??? It is predetermined. No person in their right mind would chose a life style that just for that society hates. So tell me jigs and all you others why did God make some people attracted to the same sex?
That's just as stupid as asking why God would make someone attracted to children, or animals, for that matter!

CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

That is really a pretty lame excuse, CattleArmy. You really should attend church more often, or at least read your Bible.

God didn't make these people "attracted" to the same sex. Don't forget that Satan also has power, and he is trying his level best to tempt people away from following God.

So by your same line of illogical reasoning, if a married man has an affair with a lady other than his wife, was it because God made that man "attracted" to the other lady? Get real.

CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

well, right after I explain that, would you like to know what God looks like, and what He has for breakfast..... perhaps you would like to know the truth about the JFK assaination....

Soapweed hit it on the head, we were all designed and wired a certain way, where and how we deviate from that plan is a choise we made for what ever reasons, and we will all come face to face with those actions when our time comes......

personaly, I have many flaws and sins, but I truly believe if we try to repent for those sins, and ask for forgiveness, acknowledging that we are flawed, and HONETLY want to be a better person, there is a place in Heaven for all of us. I suppose God even lets liberals and Cornhuskers into Heaven.

Soapweed said:
CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

That is really a pretty lame excuse, CattleArmy. You really should attend church more often, or at least read your Bible.

God didn't make these people "attracted" to the same sex. Don't forget that Satan also has power, and he is trying his level best to tempt people away from following God.

So by your same line of illogical reasoning, if a married man has an affair with a lady other than his wife, was it because God made that man "attracted" to the other lady? Get real.

How do you have any clue how often I attend church?? Do you know that I usually am involved in two youth church organizations that go on during the year helping and being present in church activities? How do you have any clue how often I read my Bible? Ever heard the older men of the area say they felt some that never stepped foot in a church were more christian then those that killed themselves to get their every Sunday morning after being at the bar on Saturday night?

Soapweed I did a research paper in one of my college classes addressing the question of if being gay was a trait a person is born with or a chosen one. The three most standout arguments supporting that being gay was indead something one was born with or situations of childhood made were there is a structure in the inner ear of the gay man that is different then that of a straight man, two that there is a part of the brain that is different in the gay man then the straight man and then three there is the thought that gay men come from psycological issues such as overbearing mothers and unattentive fathers. People do not choose to be gay and be hated by small minded memebers of society that believe they are rightous enough to judge others.

So please step off your Soapbox and you go to church when you go, read your Bible when you do; and leave when I do the same in my home or church up to me. I'm free white and 32 years old and thus sir old enough to make my own decisions when and if i worship and with who.

Matthew 7:1,2 "Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others , it will be used to measure how you are judged.

I have a study Bible which I am sure is not up to par with the real Bible quoters of the bunch but it then explains the scripture as saying: "Judge yourself first, then lovingly forgive and help your neighbor."

Ok fellas I'm ready let the scripture race begin............

Soapweed said:
CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

CattleArmy said:
Matthew 7:1,2 "Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others , it will be used to measure how you are judged.

Whatever translation that is has butchered the Word of God .

Frankk said:
Soapweed said:
CattleArmy said:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Frank since you won't answer I will proceed like you ment for evil in your verse to imply that God created men unto sin. That's the kind of things cults are made of. Nowhere does God say in his Word that he makes man (which he made in his image) with a sin nature. The sin nature was brought about by Adam's sin in the garden of Eden. I am sure you are aware of that and I don't understand why you'd put that verse out in support of CRM's logic. Hurricanes , tornados, earthquakes , and Gods punishment (which was the intended case here in this verse) are all evil but none of them are sin . Homosexuality is a sin. It's mentioned several times in the Bible and the most notable chapter is Romans 1. which shows homosexuality as one of the last in a long progression of sin and judgement. To say that homosexuals were created to sin without a will to not sin is utter heracy! It's also a slap in the face to those brave souls that have abandoned that wicked and dangerous lifestyle.

CattleArmy said:
Soapweed I did a research paper in one of my college classes addressing the question of if being gay was a trait a person is born with or a chosen one. The three most standout arguments supporting that being gay was indead something one was born with or situations of childhood made were there is a structure in the inner ear of the gay man that is different then that of a straight man, two that there is a part of the brain that is different in the gay man then the straight man and then three there is the thought that gay men come from psycological issues such as overbearing mothers and unattentive fathers. People do not choose to be gay and be hated by small minded memebers of society that believe they are rightous enough to judge others.

So please step off your Soapbox and you go to church when you go, read your Bible when you do; and leave when I do the same in my home or church up to me. I'm free white and 32 years old and thus sir old enough to make my own decisions when and if i worship and with who.

I have a study Bible which I am sure is not up to par with the real Bible quoters of the bunch but it then explains the scripture as saying: "Judge yourself first, then lovingly forgive and help your neighbor."

Ok fellas I'm ready let the scripture race begin............

For all your fancy college research, evidently you didn't "research" in the one place you should have, the Bible. It spells it all out in black and white. I assume you went to a Liberal arts college. :wink:

As for your mini-sermon on "Do not judge, or you too will be judged," you do not seem to be practicing what you preach. You seem to be judging me. I was not "judging" you, but merely pointing out that you are wrong.

Judge Soapweed

sounds like a new daytime show on Fox.

fit right between te Tony Danza show and Mayberry reruns !

Red Robin usually after I make a post I shut the computer down and go about whatever I have to do at the time, maybe I should hang around for awhile and see if anyone has something to say. My point is God is taking credit for everything, he made it all including satan and uses him as a testing agent for his Son, Job and others.
In my small town the homosexuals I know of have seemed to be that way sense childhood and leads me to believe they were born that way.
Evil is not an act of nature. evil gets as close to Jesus as possible (tares) or antichrist (instead of Christ) pretending to be something it is not in order to lead some astray. evil is very atractive why do you think the people kept going back to the baals.
Sin is missing the mark there are numerous nasty ways to do that. homosexuality being one the choice being whither or not you decide to commit the act, the desire is not a choice

Frankk said:
Red Robin usually after I make a post I shut the computer down and go about whatever I have to do at the time, maybe I should hang around for awhile and see if anyone has something to say. My point is God is taking credit for everything, he made it all including satan and uses him as a testing agent for his Son, Job and others.
In my small town the homosexuals I know of have seemed to be that way sense childhood and leads me to believe they were born that way.
Evil is not an act of nature. evil gets as close to Jesus as possible (tares) or antichrist (instead of Christ) pretending to be something it is not in order to lead some astray. evil is very atractive why do you think the people kept going back to the baals.
Sin is missing the mark there are numerous nasty ways to do that. homosexuality being one the choice being whither or not you decide to commit the act, the desire is not a choice
We are all Little Jobs, God tests us and no test is any harder then what we have in us to over come.

Frankk said:
I disagree some Frank but we won't get into a debate. The part of your post that says the act of homosexuality is a sin I agree with.

Red Robin said:
Frankk said:
I disagree some Frank but we won't get into a debate. The part of your post that says the act of homosexuality is a sin I agree with.
Alcoholism runs in families but family members can learn to control their addiction just as someone you said is biased to be homosexual could if they wanted to control their passions

Facing an Age-old Puzzle

Every thoughtful person is a psychologist in his or her own way, curious about the varieties and uniformities of human behavior. It is no wonder that, for many, the topic of homosexuality—pursued secretly or openly, professionally or casually—is an interesting, even fascinating, topic to observe, study, wonder and sometimes worry about.

To the traditionalist, homosexuality is a puzzle for various reasons. In is forbidden in the Hebrew Bible, but so are many ordinary practices of everyday life: eating pork and shrimp, cutting the corners of one's beard, using cloths made of diverse fibers, etc. Why is one taboo so tenaciously maintained by Judaeo-Christian traditionalists, while many others are regarded as no longer meaningful? Why does the New Testament explicitly denounce homosexuality, while other taboos of the Hebrew Bible are ignored?

If homosexuality is genetic, even in part, why was this "sinful" tendency implanted in man's physical nature? If homosexuality is an abomination, why is it so strongly felt, and even practiced, by some men of the most admirable character, including some priests, some ministers, and some rabbis?

These are questions that have torn apart religious councils. Religious leaders, wise and learned, express contradictory viewpoints on whether their community should condemn, tolerate, or even celebrate same-sex partnerships.

Might science throw some light on a question that has split traditionalists apart? To the scientific community, homosexuality is also a puzzle. According to modern evolutionary theory, a trait survives if it favors reproduction. Homosexual activity does not result in reproduction, yet homosexuality can be found in human cultures of all sorts, preliterate and advanced. Biologists Potts and Short (page 74) characterize homosexuality as "a profound puzzle . . . [since] homosexual behavior is the antithesis of reproductive success." How did this trait get into the human repertory, and why does it reappear in every generation, though homosexuals themselves do not usually reproduce?

We see people around us willingly bear heavy social handicaps, physical risks to their personal safety, and grave medical risks, to follow a homosexual orientation. How did they get that way, and why do they willingly pay such a high price for this lifestyle?

Thirdly, heterosexual men may have homosexual dreams, may harbor passing, recurring, surprising or annoying homosexual impulses—or feel an irrational aversion to homosexuals that suggests perhaps they are defending themselves against an unwanted temptation—what about homosexuality and everyman? This book explores some theoretical issues, and tries to answer some practical questions, about male homosexuality from the standpoint of evolutionary psychology.

Karl Ulrichs (1825-1895) and Magnus Hirschfeld (1868-1935), pioneers in the scientific study of homosexuality (and gay men themselves), independently concluded that homosexuality was essentially an inborn trait. On the basis of close clinical observation, Sigmund Freud arrived at four conclusions regarding homosexuality. (1) The homosexual habit, per se, is not a disorder. True, some homosexuals are so unsettled, so miserable about the direction of their sex drive that they plead with therapists to help them change it. But there are also homosexual men, as Freud acknowledged, who lead sane, productive, and happy lives. (2) Those homosexuals who are anxious or distressed about their sexual habits, and plead for help in reorienting their sex life, are exceedingly difficult to "cure." (3) In those patients whose emotional problem has nothing to do with homosexuality, no matter why the patient entered therapy, long-term analysis would usually uncover some same-sex attractions. Homosexual impulses (conscious or unconscious), Freud concluded, exist throughout the human species. (4) Finally, years of experience led Freud to believe that a homosexual orientation arises from both a constitutional predisposition, and certain experiences of infancy or childhood. (A mother who is seductive or over-controlling, a father who is distant, weak, or absent have thus become stock characters, tragicomic figures, in the formative experience of the typical pre-homosexual boy.)

http://darwinpuzzle.com/pages/preface.html

feel free to read more .....one more question for you all...What if there is no God?

Soapweed said:
CattleArmy said:
jigs said:
civil union my ass!

This isn't judging??? :???: :???:

Oh and thank you for the mini sermon comment had to crack open my Bible to find it. Yes it is a Bible for the one of you that suggested it slaughtered the word. Evidentally I am liberal and don't even have the right Bible. :???:

Latest posts