• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canuck Happy About R-CALF's Victory

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OT-Would this pertain to all trade, or just beef. Your population would soon swallow up everything you can produce, you'd still be an importer.

Oldtimer said:
frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:
frenchie- most of those states weren't even players in the game- How many cattle does New York or New Jersey import or feed in a year?

Ot that does not matter ...its a double standardwhen the new Cdn regs come online.. it will be easier for U.S ranchers to ship cattle north ..then between your own states...thats total BS. .The rules should be the same between both countries..

Frenchie- I agree- and in order to make sure we don't have double standards we should just close down the border- both ways...simple and taken care of.........

PROTECTNIST....Sounds like a good idea...I hope you reap a bountiful crop with the seeds you have sown.May you crops /livestock wither and die and your children be homeless

:wink: Obviously the next step for Canada is to convince CFIA that we run our own country, do what we want, and start testing cattle for BSE so we can take over the markets that the USA can't export to. Japan for one comes to my mind. Shouldn't be a problem for a small packing industry like ours compared to the likes to the south. Only problem is that both big packers are owned by Americans and are making scads of money sending untested beef south in the box instead of on the hoof.
Time to run our own outfit instead of checking with USDA first. Look where that has gotten us. Science don't mean squat, it's all about politics! :!:

Sad thing about that is we are being controlled by the CCA and they are controlled by big feeders and Packing houses and don't want testing.

At the Sask. Cattle Feeders annual meeting, I asked that very question, and stated that it is about time that we are leaders rather than followers.

Fraid the tail wags the dog. And by the way Shep, welcome to our world. :lol:

CA

Latest posts