• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CAT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kathy

Reaction score
(In the news, pg. 4) reader (the second stated):

Kathy - shut up and stop exploiting the family tragedy of a dying teenager. What do you know about pentosan?! Or anything. I haven't answered your dumb postings for a while and you have just crossed the line answering my post which was addressed to someone else as an apology. And shut up with the stupid name calling of fear mongerer. You are so clueless, it would be funny, if it weren't pathetic. Posting dumb patents. Do you know how many patents are filed when something is hot? Do you know how patents work? I happen to have been involved in filing patents and have one. First of all, this patent in no way proved Purdey's silly theory. Second, a patent doesn't mean that something works. I am now going to continue to ignore your postings and if you have any sense you'll ignore mine.
------------------------------------------------------------
(The Crux of the Matter).... reader(the second) stated:

By the way, for Randy and Kathy, I went back again and looked at Purdey stuff and he agrees to CONSUMPTION and iatrogenic (not just iatrogenic Kathy) transmission which he would be a fool if he did not since kuru was clearly via consumption. It is clear that these different diseases in the family transmit differently since CWD seems to transmit more readily if the feces/decayed corpses/urine transmission study is correct.

Cedarall, you have hit the nail on the head. I am not a paranoid conspiracy minded person. Yes, I know that Randy and Kathy with their "Purdey has been railroaded" conspiracy think I'm the conspiracy minded person but I have kept an open mind to SOURCE and TRIGGERS of TSEs. What I don't have an open mind to is taking unnecessary risks given how little we know and given the amplification examples (kuru, VCJD, HGH, dura mater, blood supply). I'm betting that as we know more, the story gets worse actually.

I don't believe that we have lots of BSE infected meat or that we have lots of hidden cases of vCJD in North America. I believe that we learn more about these diseases each month and that we don't yet understand transmission and incubation well enough to make blanket statements about food safety/supplement safety/etc..
In My Opinion on the Border Issue: reader the second stated:

Murgen - you're too analytical for this statement. Or at least I thought you were. Just because you're anti RCALF does not mean you have to be pro Purdey. Honestly. And by the way, there is a sliver (SLIVER) of a chance that he is correct and more than a sliver of a chance that he is right with regards to TRIGGER, but not SOURCE. The guy has gone from phosmet (pesticides) to seeding clouds, to copper/manganese. He jumps around and his theory (theories) are in the vast miniority with only a few supporters in the scientific community. Now, I admit that that does not make his theories incorrect but on the other hand his wierd conspiracy laden writing -- look for yourselves you guys, I have because Randy asked me to - does not make him correct. Did you know that the entire UK establishment was out to get him. Golly.

Sorry for making you read all the posts above, but I think that I must respond to Reader (the second)'s postings. She gives me no choice!

First quote: telling me to shut up (twice), saying that I am stupid (three times) and telling me, that I "What do you know about pentosan? or anything". Do these sound like the words of a lady who is concerned about our welfare?? Were is the webmaster when this gets so personal? It may not be swearing; but so many attacks in one post.

Like I said earlier, I am glad Reader is up so late at night watching out for postings by myself. She has become the keeper of the gate, the person who will tell us all what to believe. I admit, to being aggressive in this way as well (mostly towards Reader). However, I always explain why I think, what I think - I don't just discredit and attack, then run away.

Second and third quotes:

Reader had promised in the first quote to ignore my comments, and warned me away from responding to hers.

What is "fear mongering"? Continually telling unsubstantiated information which spreads fear in the minds of other people. Reader stated: "I am betting as we know more, the story gets worse actually."
I call this fear mongering. You can make up your own minds. Most of what Reader says, I consider fear mongering. This is my opinion on her statements. I await clarification and proof of her allegations.

Reader states that Purdey's theory has a "sliver (SLIVER) of a chance"... I think this excellent pun on words, refers to Mr. Purdey's hypothesis that silver nitrate spread when cloud seeding is having an effect on those exposed to it. I actually just met a young lady the other day that works for the Fish and Game association who stated she was allergic to silver nitrate - her face puffed up when they put it in her eyes when she was born (a common practice that I am not certain they are doing anymore).

Reader's comments to Cedarall directly evoke responses from myself and Randy. What happened to ignoring me??

Reader (the second) continues on a regular basis to attack the work of Mark Purdey. She admits he "could be right, in regards to TRIGGER, but not Source". She correctly stated that consumption is part of his theory. However, if she really understood his work, she would know that consumption of PRIONS is what he claims does not cause the disease. Consumption of metals/copper deficiency and consumption/exposure to organophosphates are the cause and trigger of disease in many cases. Especially in his own country, the UK.

By the way, she says his theory has "jumped around". I call this advancing and progression. Not limiting your focus of investigation to one aspect exclusively. Seeing the whole great-big picture. Remaining open to new ideas that are direct extentions of his original hypothesis.

Reader then stated:
"Now, I admit that that does not make his theories incorrect but on the other hand his wierd conspiracy laden writing... "

Once again, putting other readers on their guard. According to her, Purdey's work is conspiracy laden. He does speak of the unfortunate death of both his vet, and his lawyer. Is this wrong? The newspapers called the deaths suspicious, are they weird as well? What about all his peer-reviewed and published papers in medical journals?? Are we to believe that they would publish illogical or unreasonable hypotheses? Are we to believe that they would ask Mark Purdey to review submitted papers for them, if they thought he was a unreliable or uneducated individual?

Then reader added to this:
--..." look for yourselves you guys, I have because Randy asked me to - does not make him correct. Did you know that the entire UK establishment was out to get him. Golly"

Now G-wiz, would Reader be trying to put ideas in your head before you examine Mark's work for yourself. Better yet, she is hoping you won't even go there.

I am now exhausted! PURR, PURR!! I will continue to speak as I have about my belief that metals are the primary cause of TSEs. Until anyone can prove to me that they have been completely ruled out - until then Reader (the second) should take her own advice from quote one.

My statement was:

There are new drugs which are showing promise in stopping and even reversing prion disease

I never said that J. Simms had his disease reveresed from pentosan polysulfate. It did halt its progress though.

When I have more time I will post the promising research info.

For now, please answer me this question. How is it you know within minutes, that I have made a posting on this message board?

Maybe you can explain this to me?

reader (the Second) said:
Chili on the stove, salmon marinating. I will say I do read the posts that you and Randy post and I go to the Purdey articles and I have learned something. I don't believe his theory but I am perfectly happy to be exposed to various theories.

Salmon? SALMON???? You're on a cattleman's site and you mention that you're having SALMON? :? :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Chili on the stove, salmon marinating. I will say I do read the posts that you and Randy post and I go to the Purdey articles and I have learned something. I don't believe his theory but I am perfectly happy to be exposed to various theories.

Salmon? SALMON???? You're on a cattleman's site and you mention that you're having SALMON? :? :wink:

I posted the menu in Coffee Shop --- equal time to each protein group: salmon, chicken (curry), and beef (chili).

Too much mercury in that Salmon, reader. You need to eat some fresh pond-raised, grain fed catfish. :wink:

I'm bringing this up here instead of the recipe thread in Coffee Shop. I can't understand why you will cook a jillion different things to "make everybody happy" when they ought just appreciate that you made SOMETHING for them to eat. Kids who come to our house to eat just eat what we make. If they don't like it they can go without or fix their own. Spousie is here bugging me and he says, "I watched my little sister eat cheese sandwiches all the time because she didn't like what our mom made. She could either fix her own or go without." We've had lots of kids stay at our house...no complaints about what we fixed. Spousie again says, "My great grandmother cooked on a wood stove and she couldn't see hardly her hand in front of her face. Every Christmas she gave us homemade candies cooked on the wood stove by a legally blind woman. None of us had the guts to ever complain about the fudge being overcooked or anything else. What she did was so very much APPRECIATED!!!!" If I knew my kids were picky at someone else's house I guess they wouldn't be able to "spend the night" for a looong time.

ohh my frozen bannock sandwiches that my kookas made for me
made only from lard
but i ate them so proudly

Only the northern saskatchewan posters will know what i'm talking about lol.

Northern Rancher said:
made only from lard

I am afraid your the only "NORTHERN SASK" poster on here.

Northern Rancher said:
made only from lard

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts