• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

catch pin design. "PICTURES"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4HWashClip065.jpg

There it is looking east to west my little oasis amongst the plow jockeys lol.

I bet you hunt out of that helicopter too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and you just say I was taking picture of my farm. :lol:

Hi, This is Carl from Real Industries. We manufacture HEAVY built livestock equipment (incase you didn't know me, now you do...greetings). If you'd like I will give you quotes on this site. I normally check in once a week or more and like today forgive me if I lose my handle name and have to re-register.
First off. We have, probablly, the best built and most affordable and by the way, longest lasting portable panels available. The down side of this is our US manufacturing location is up here in South Dakota which is a ways from you Bama.
12 foot panels are 85 dollars. They are framed from 12 guage square tubing. Square tubing is structurally better than round. Thus allowing us to use smaller outside diameter tube with a heavier wall such as 12 ga. The upright supports are all welded inbetween the horrizontal bars for the best possible support. Our set on the ranch is 8 years old and we have yet to bend a panel from anything trying to go over them.
They are sold unpainted by choice to our cusstomers. They told us that they are outlasting the paint and since they are soooo heavy they aren't worried about the paint. Several of my repeat customers are using panels we built 20 years ago, back when our company started in Canada.
Replys?

crazycarl said:
Hi, This is Carl from Real Industries. We manufacture HEAVY built livestock equipment (incase you didn't know me, now you do...greetings). If you'd like I will give you quotes on this site. I normally check in once a week or more and like today forgive me if I lose my handle name and have to re-register.
First off. We have, probablly, the best built and most affordable and by the way, longest lasting portable panels available. The down side of this is our US manufacturing location is up here in South Dakota which is a ways from you Bama.
12 foot panels are 85 dollars. They are framed from 12 guage square tubing. Square tubing is structurally better than round. Thus allowing us to use smaller outside diameter tube with a heavier wall such as 12 ga. The upright supports are all welded inbetween the horrizontal bars for the best possible support. Our set on the ranch is 8 years old and we have yet to bend a panel from anything trying to go over them.
They are sold unpainted by choice to our cusstomers. They told us that they are outlasting the paint and since they are soooo heavy they aren't worried about the paint. Several of my repeat customers are using panels we built 20 years ago, back when our company started in Canada.
Replys?

How much for your portable tub alley and chute the one I've seen had some lift type adjusters on the left side with 4 or 5 settings?

If you'd go to www.realindustries.com you can view pictures of three different types of portable systems.
They are: (from least options to greatest)
Affordable portable-5995.00
Econo Squeeze(no floor)-11' 1 side adj. alley-1/4 tub
Deluxe portable-6895.00
Deluxe squeeze w/palp & full floor-8' parrallel squeeze alley-1/4 tub
Classic portable-6495.00
Deluxe squeeze w/palp & full floor-8' 1 side adj alley-1/2 tub

The one side adjustable alley are the ones you were refering to.

Jersey,

I liked your setup a lot when I first saw the cow working pictures a week or so ago. We have lots of folks in Idaho that do the same on the permanent place. However, when it comes to the alley I like mine to be adjustable for width. When it comes to rented places, I don't like building something that raises the value of his place and I can't take with me.

NR,

Wow, you jumped in a plane just for this thread???? LOL,

I figured you had a good setup. Would like to see closer up pictures.

Crazy Carl,

Like I said, theres lots of good manufacturers of heavy panels. What do yours weigh in pounds????? I have seen some Asian made ones filter in from Canada. They use the same no paint concept. I like square corner panels for safety more than anything.

I can get a very portable tub and Alley (with 14 guage panels and adjustable alley) for $3,000, that is a 20 foot alley. I can get differnet combinations of sheeted tubs and half, 2/3 or fully sheeted 20 foot alleys in packages for between 4200 and 6200. You can set these up in a matter of 45 minutes to a couple of hours depending on how permanent of a setup you want. I assume your prices are FOB your shop, mine are at a store near me.

The product I am talking about has been US made since 1938, it is what I grew up using and am very comfortable with. I am not by any means saying it is the only good product out there, I am just stating some reasons I like it and use it,

I am freinds with several manufacturers reps that work for companies making good products. They would all vouch for me wishing the best of luck to anyone making good product,

I liked the ideas several others had here. Wish I had the ability to draw on the computer like ya' all. I would like to see a thread with different layouts. i learn from each one,

PPRM

from a distance, the alley setups look slick, just like to see it a little better,

PPRM

I'll try to some better pictures of our working pens after this "rita" thing passes, our alley isn't adjustable but our squeeze chute is. Till then I guess I'll keep my camera clickin on the weather. Lol batteries in digital all charged up and ready for whatever comes our way.

All of this talk about pens and alleys on this thread is interesting, but reminds me of an old Texas cowboy named Frank Fraiser who was running a yearling deal for an outfit upi n this country. I was brand inspecting them when they shipped that fall and he mentioned that they had had quit a bit of foot rot that summer. I asked if they ran them down a chute to doctor them. He laughed and said, "Our chute is tied to the fork of our saddle."

I guess mine is too, when we doctor in the summer. Awful handy and real portable! Don't cost too much either! :lol:

Admit it J'Bob it's not the antibiotic it's the chase trying to rope them that fixes the footrot-up here the saying is-treat better in 3 weeks or don't treat they are better in 21 days lol. WE run a pretty good vaccination deal on our calves but pretty much don't treat things around here. Do some die-you bet-but some did when we treated every sniffle. It kinda struck home when I was at a branding a few years back-everybody was talking bout the scour treatment of choice-so I put my 5 cents in. They all laughed it had been ff the market for 5 years lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Admit it J'Bob it's not the antibiotic it's the chase trying to rope them that fixes the footrot-up here the saying is-treat better in 3 weeks or don't treat they are better in 21 days lol. WE run a pretty good vaccination deal on our calves but pretty much don't treat things around here. Do some die-you bet-but some did when we treated every sniffle. It kinda struck home when I was at a branding a few years back-everybody was talking bout the scour treatment of choice-so I put my 5 cents in. They all laughed it had been ff the market for 5 years lol.

I do believe we would get along just fine! :wink:

I always chase them quite a ways until i rope them. Some people claim i'm a poor roper. I claim I'm reaall good at training horses to get you there and keep you there for the shot! By golly, my horses will sure give you a shot! Most of the time they are lookin' back at me sayin' "are you going to rope him or run him to death?"! :lol:

WOW talk about help? Thank you all very much. I found some great ideas in this thread.
As always you people at the ranchers net have come through again. Thanks

NR that place of yours is sure flat. I can't find a flat spot on my place.

Cal said:
Nice looking cattle, nothing prettier than a good black cow, IMO. What mineral are you feeding?

I am uesing the best I can find in my area. "Right now" And I use the bronze all year except I use some high mag in the spring. Right now cost twice as much as the cheep stuff but the cows like it and I think it has helped my AI rate go up.

PPRM,
Sounds about right, we can get ya started at 3300 for 16' alley and tub and sounds familiar if construction- 14 ga walls-3" lower frame-2x3 upright frames and 2' top frames- all square tube
I just wish the steel market would stop climbing every month!!!!
Talk to ya later-you sound like a decent fella
Carl

PPRM,
The 12 foot panels weigh 115 pounds minimum. They're about all I want to handle alone. Any longer and the ol back starts to creek!

Carl,

I started buying 10 foot panels, LOL, soon it will be eight footers. I Get a kick outta guys asking for 20 foot classics. I think, "so you must have someone else packing these."

Steel hasn't been so much as freight for us,

Like I say, there's enough good brands out there to not have to deal with cheap stuff. And there's enough business for the guys with good stuff,

Here's to your customers getting enough good grass to take advantage of these good prices the best they can.

BTW Alabama,

I will get more info later,

Kinda tired and on the road today,

PPRM

Latest posts