• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

catholics?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
I'm a baptist and appreciate the catholic stance on abortion and gay marriage, however, the silliness of the pope selection turns me off. Am I missing something? Why the men in joker outfits guarding the voting booth? Why different colored smoke? Why do they wear red beanies? Why are the cardinals mostly effeminate looking? Pretty odd from the outside looking in.

as a Catholic, I have to ask you...why do Baptists buy their beer in the next county over instead of their own?

Same reason they go to the shaker bar the next county over.......

It's all about appearances, appearances, appearances....... :???:

Yanuck said:
as a Catholic, I have to ask you...why do Baptists buy their beer in the next county over instead of their own?
I guess you'd have to ask the ones that do that. I don't know. Thanks for the explanation though.

Tradition many other Faiths have their own traditions this being a very large world wide faith makes for new's to report.

Yanuck said:

Yeah we can go to saturday night mass then the bar right after block apart in my town. To tell the truth I've never been to mass on saturday sunday is our day to go. Many here go saturday then end up at the bar I think it's in poor taste but it happens.

Thanks Denny. My local catholics are good folks and they have a normal building and wear normal clothes and seem pretty usual.

They were talking about the Cardinals wearing red this morning on the news the red signifies blood and it's a sign that they would die/hence shed their blood for their faith.

I see.

I would rather it be an example and reminder of Christs blood and his sacrifice but at least it has some meaning.

Swiss Guards go back to the 14th century. Many countries hired Swiss Guards as they were loyal.

The uniform that you see is the Ceremonial uniform and not the regular duty uniform.

Check Wikipedia for more details.

I am neither Catholic or Baptist. But just the way you phrased your question probably offended some Catholics. :? What is funny to you is a really important part of other folks lives. You called them effeminate and said they had joker outfits? :shock: Didnt sound like you wanted to know much, just take a shot at them! :? I guess my point is, you and i arent Catholics so why worry what they do or how they do it? And for sure why ask a question the way you worded yours? :???: Would you like someone to treat your religion the way you treated theirs? It's called the golden rule, you might try figuring out what that means before you make silly and most likely offensive comments about other folks. My two cents. Just think ya could of asked you questions in a more civil and respectful way. :wink:

Martin Jr. said:
Swiss Guards go back to the 14th century. Many countries hired Swiss Guards as they were loyal.

The uniform that you see is the Ceremonial uniform and not the regular duty uniform.

Check Wikipedia for more details.
Thanks Martin.

I just want to say that I was not offended by your questions.

It does show how little many people know about the Catholic Church and some of its customs. But asking questions shows a willingness to learn, and asking questions is a good way to start.

redrobin said:
I see.

I would rather it be an example and reminder of Christs blood and his sacrifice but at least it has some meaning.

Redrobin if you'll google some catholic links (I mean real catholic links) you'll find that just about everything has a deeper meaning in the Catholic Church. I'd even encourage you to attend worship services(Mass) at a Catholic Church if for no other reason than curiosity. You don't have to do a thing but sing, pray, listen to the sermon and leave feeling blessed. And they will welcome you.

Never take just one Baptist preacher fishing.

Take two.

If you take one, he'll drink up all your beer..............

Take two and they'll watch each other like a hawk.

Latest posts