• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle Today/Ranchers.net

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill

Reaction score
What is to be gained by having two identical forum sites in Cattle Today and Ranchers.net? With this format it will never be Ranchers.net again and we may as well have just moved over to Cattle Today. I am afraid this will just fizzle out.

Yea, I'm not crazy about it either. I think alot of the people who were on the old ranchersnet won't be showing up here. I can honestly say this isn't as much fun as it used to be, I myself probably won't be on here too much.

Bill,

Big difference. Majority of people here are from the upper midwest and Canada, have larger herds, have been raising cattle for years and are concerned about very different things than the people on cattletoday.

Also the tone of the two boards are very different. Which is fine with me.

When we changed from a threaded forum to nested forum on cattletoday everybody complained. Today after 13 months the use has almost doubled.

Believe me, I didn't spend the many hours it took me to set this software up just to annoy you.

I don't think I like the new format but I willl give it a try.
M. gravlee. You are from Orange beach? I have been there many times. In fact I paved the state highways there way back when I was the project engineer for that area.

Ok...I will VOTE FOR the new format on ranchers net board!! Much easier to "sort thru" what I want to read. The "threaded" formats are difficult to pick what you want to view---lots of scrolling to find something.

With the new format, I can easily pick a category. Then, I can sort thru the responses more easily.

Good job Macon!

I'm not to keen on it either,there was no comparsion to as how the old way ranchers was set up and cattletoday.I would give cattletoday a glance,but ranchers i would sit down and read it.Can't see that happening here.Good way to clean up the language,but good way to loose reader's.

One suggestion Macon is have a seperate area for people who want to put on pictures of their favorite cow or worse yet put their herd on here one animal at a time. Pretty soon it will turn into a grey form of advertising and that's what websites are for. No offense intended.

Bill said:
One suggestion Macon is have a seperate area for people who want to put on pictures of their favorite cow or worse yet put their herd on here one animal at a time. Pretty soon it will turn into a grey form of advertising and that's what websites are for. No offense intended.

What do you say Macon, will you give another catergory for pics and such :)

Latest posts