• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CattleMax Or CattlePro?? Decisions, Decisions!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Katerikar

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum, hoping to get great advice from great and experienced guys on here. Also new to cattle ranching - just started out three years ago and need to purchase my first cattle management computer software program in the next two months.

Been trialling two in the past two weeks (CattlePro & CattleMax). Can't make up my mind which one's better - I noted though, CattlePro limits the size of cattle pictures (100kb) and CattleMax doesn't. Any advice which one to go for and why? Money's not a problem!

Thanks

Now there is a real rancher - - - " Money's not a problem! "

Do you mean both are about the same price?

The only one around here saying "Money's not a problem! " is my wife and shee feels that she can always drive me harder!

I looked at lots, but decided on cattle pro and I really like it.

George said:
Now there is a real rancher - - - " Money's not a problem! "

Do you mean both are about the same price?

"Money's not a problem" means i am willing to find a way of raising the money to buy the more pricey of the two products, if that is the more preferable product to invest my money in. Simply put, I am willing to spend more on a more expensive product if that saves me money in the long run, get it?

A belated welcome to the forum, Katerikar, where are you ranching? after I left Zim I managed in Pienaars Rivier area for a few years before working in the USA and UK (needed services for disabled children), and still have in-laws farming in Delmas, most of the stock sold, just a few stud cattle left, and the centre pivots bringing in most of the income now that the beef and sheep are gone!

andybob said:
A belated welcome to the forum, Katerikar, where are you ranching? after I left Zim I managed in Pienaars Rivier area for a few years before working in the USA and UK (needed services for disabled children), and still have in-laws farming in Delmas, most of the stock sold, just a few stud cattle left, and the centre pivots bringing in most of the income now that the beef and sheep are gone!

Hi, thanks. I ranch in Limpopo province, around the ThabaZimbi area. My dad died in 2007 and I took over from him - he was the rancher. I'm a cityguy from Johannesburg, with a Phd in Political Science, so all this is new to me. So im learning. I hope your folks are enjoying it out there in Delmas, Mpumalanga.

Had an uncle game ranching near there, retired now, what breed/s of cattle are you running there? we ran Tuli near the Botswana border, good easy care cattle when I was deployed for most of the year in the 70's.

Latest posts