• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattlemen's Group Wrangles With Its Former Allies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

What ever Tam. I apologize if you ar unable to read my previous posts as well.

I'm just a Packer Bwamer after all. Nothing I say will convince you.

Tam,

I think the plants in Canada are making sufficient cash to offset the US losses, so much so, they are expanding their Canadian capacity. This expansion is an expense to the company which bites into their profits.

Just like William Hearst and his San Simeon Castle in California worked the system - while he built his castle - or built onto it (continuously)- he didn't have to pay property taxes on it. Tyson and Cargill will continue to make expansions onto their existing plants in Canada which are making them money hand over fist. If Canada wasn't a cash cow for them, they wouldn't be expanding their plants here.

Randy,

What do you have to support your contention that Tyson and Cargill wanted the border to remain closed?

What do I have to the contrary?

1. The fact that Tyson filed an amicus brief in support of opening the Canadian border.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT IF THEY WANTED IT TO STAY CLOSED????

CAN YOU ACTUALLY RATIONALIZE THAT????

2. John Tyson has stated many times that they wanted the border opened WHY WOULD HE LIE ABOUT IT IF HE REALLY WANTED IT TO STAY CLOSED??? You think he would have just kept his mouth shut and not made waves if he wanted it to stay closed.

CAN YOU RATIONALIZE THAT????

3. Press release after press release stated the negative economic impact on U.S. plants due to a decrease in supply.

Where did you think the plants that relied on Canadian were going to get their cattle from?

4. Tyson's investments in Canada to expand slaughter capacity was because Canada had more cattle than slaughter capacity. If those cattle can be slaughtered in Canada, there is no reason to send the cattle South when you can send the beef South. It takes a lot less fuel to send the beef south than the cattle. If R-CULT is successful in getting the border closed again, Canada can process their own cattle.

WHY WOULD TYSON TAKE A PUBLIC POSITION ON THE ISSUE THAT WAS OPPOSITE OF HOW THEY REALLY FELT???

There is absolutely no way to rationalize that Randy!

~SH~

Our whole bloody society is based on manipluation of the media you goofy little guy. Just as every person you talk with at Tyson foods will tell you what you would like to hear (by the way, you lost the bet buddy), every person at the Rcalf office will tell our dear departed "Hat" what he would like to hear.

Like I have said a thousand times SH, "wake up, the money tells the truth". You cannot prove that Tyson lost more in their two American NW palnts than they made in the plant in Alberta. Plain and simple. And beyond that, you won't even touch the fact that they gained in so many other competitive ways.

Cargill and Tyson did not want the border open until they saw the end of the salmon run was near. And as a business person (kindergarten educated) I would not have either. The profits far out weighed the losses SH so give it up!!!!!

Start another thread with a new fairy tale, I promise I will only offer laughter next time>

Randy: "Cargill and Tyson did not want the border open until they saw the end of the salmon run was near."

That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

The issue of whether or not Tyson or Cargill wanted the border to stay open or closed is not restricted to their statements, THEY TOOK ACTION TO FAVOR A POSITION.

ACTIONS ALWAYS SPEAK LOUDER THAN YOUR "CHEAP TALK".

What do you have to support your position that they wanted it to stay closed.

NOT A DAMN THING!!!

"OPINION", "THEORY", "SUPPOSITION", "SPECULATION".

Absolutely no supporting facts, EVER!

You absolutely couldn't be more wrong on that!

Did you address the points I made, NOPE, made a statement as that is always your comfort zone.

~SH~

You say that your proof is the Amicus brief stating Tyson wanted the BORDER OPEN.

I wonder where I can find one of these Amicus briefs to try to SHUT you up.

You lost the bet SH, and you have no proof that Tyson or Cargill wanted to stop the salmon run, so go suck your thumb.

A quote from Tyson foods:

Tyson foods also continues to support efforts to reopen the U.S. border to Canadian cattle. Last mont the company filed a brief in support of a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) appeal of a court decision that delayed the reopening of the U.S. border to Canadian cattle imports. The company brief calls the court decision "bad" law and "bad" for consumers and notes there is no scientific basis for keeping the border closed.

OH BUT THAT CAN'T BE????

RANDY PACKER BLAMING KAISER SAYS THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP THE BORDER CLOSED TO ENJOY THE SALMON RUN.

Randy knows more about your position than you do.

Tyson, if you want an opinion Randy will give it to you!

May 11, 2005

Tyson continues to run it's U.S. beef plants at reduced levels of production due, in part, to the continued U.S. ban on Canadian cattle. About three to five percent of the cattle purchased for the company's domestic plants have historically come from Canada. Earlier this year the company temporarily suspended operations for more than a month at four plants as well as second shift processing at another facility.

I guess when those Canadian salmon normally crossed into the United States, having more salmon in Canada meant having less salmon in the United States huh?

I'll give you a week to ponder that one.

~SH~

Don't need a week you poor desperate soul. A salmon run is an extreme over abundance for a short period of time. Guess a prarie dog would have now clue about something like that though, eh.

It used to bother me when you called me a packer bwamer SH, now I'm going to change my name to suit you.

Randy Packer Blamer Kaiser. Whatever.

Keep posting quotes from your buddies SH, a bit of cash to file a brief to settle the public (and convince their lap dogs "guess who") was a pi55 in the ocean compared to the profits they made.

Randy Kaiser: "Sounds good to me to cut back on production when you're loosing money on each item through. Looks like Tyson made money on each side of the line. Let's see. I'm losing 50 dollars a head. I kill ten less cattle, I put $500.00 in my pocket. I pay out my employee who I pay $3.00 per head. I still have $470.00 to pay other bills. Call it Kindergarten economics if you like SH, sounds to me that Tyson benefitted on both sides of the border from BSE, not to mention the way their competitors were squashed along the way."

How can Tyson be making money on each side of the line when they are a publicly traded company and their financial reports showed huge losses overall in their beef processing divisions in the second half of 2004?

Can you even rationalize that?

They said in their financial report that their profits in Lakeside only partially offset their losses in all of their other plants. Based on that, how could they have made money on both sides of the border?

DID THEY LIE TO THEIR INVESTORS????

How could you even make such an assinine statement as to suggest they made money on both sides of the border.

TALK ABOUT A DAMN FAIRY TALE!

What more proof does anyone need that you are so blinded with packer blame that you cannot even reason?

I backed my position with cold hard facts. The December 2004 report for Tyson showed Lakeside at near break-even levels while 2 Tyson plants in the NW were running at 35% of capacity. Did you write your check out to NCBA or send me the cash? NO!

What do you have to support your position that they made money on both sides of the border?

That is the most assinine statement I have ever seen anyone make after you just got done reading Tyson's financial statements for their beef divisions for the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005.

Where do you come up with such ludicrous ideas?

~SH~

MRJ said:
MRJ wrote:
{ "Without COOL they can not make that happen.".......What in COOL do you believe WILL make that happen? The ONLY thing that law will do is label a small portion of imported beef that winds up in the retail meat case as "IMPORTED", with NO country of origin (unless the seller chooses to put that information on), NO identification of producer or premise in the USA, NO means of trace back to quickly stop food borne illnesses (extemely rare as those are), No real information about quality of the product, NO information about age of the animal........NO information beneficial to the consumer in the current flawed COOL law. MRJ}
MRJ, I am not going to argue over your version of the bill in the U. S. Congress. I know congress has the ability to name a bill that means just the opposite and if the packers think they can not buy off the COOL votes this is usually their next step.

When a packer buys meat and processes it, the packer should be responsible for its safety and reputation, not the rancher. A cow sold for dog food by a rancher sometimes does get in the food chain by some unseemly businessmen. If processors can not check out the factors that might make beef safe or not then they should not be in the business. It seems that you would argue that the packers have the right to put all problems through traceback to the rancher. The packers need to be held responsible for the quality of the product they are boxing. Exceptions might be new diseases or other factors that can not be sorted by the packers but these are few.

If you had a real country of origin labling law, the government regulatory agency that regulates the meat industry in that country would have a real incentive to regulate the industry, as it would hurt all exports if they were lapse. This would be a balancing mechanism to what some unseemly businman might want to get away with.

When Tyson has made the kind of deals with Walmart and sells meat by painting it to make it look good, that will hurt meat consumption, not increase it. We all have to be worried when that is the only choice we have. That is what happens when markets are not competitive.

My "version" of the COOL law is simply what the law says!

I've never supported (nor do I believe anyone else has) a bill that shifts ANY responsibility from packer, processor, purveyor, retailer, restaurant, nor any other "handler" of the meat, back to the producer and/or feeder.

BTW, there is at least one very old disease that is extremely easy to intentionally put into cattle herds, or to get there unintentionally. Can you say "Foot and Mouth"? IMO, that and some other diseases that are known to be in hands of terrorists are the major reason the government wants M-ID, and I agree with them! There is more desire in having M-ID to PROTECT the US cattle herd, than there is to place any possible BLAME on individual ranchers, for goodness sake!

What I do believe is needed is ID/labeling capable of recording what each of those puts into the end product, beef in this case, and having the capability to trace it back TO WHERE SOMETHING CAN BE DONE TO REMEDY problems and prevent them from happening again when possible.

BTW, are you saying there are NO "unseemly" ranchers who fudge on withdrawal periods, ship cows that should be euthanized, or in any other way (I'm not up on the latest scams and cons) try to cheat someone on up the line in the beef industry? Thankfully, there are very few, but more than we should have!

Re, incentives for foreign governments to assure safety and quality of their beef exported to the USA, they already DO HAVE to label it as, for example, PRODUCT OF CANADA. So, there is your "incentive" for them. It is not accurate to promote the idea that ONLY beef, or ALL beef that is imported is substandard or of poor quality, as too many people with power of the press in this country have done/are doing. IMO, it is far better to control and monitor imported, AS THE GOV'T DOES TODAY.

Consumers NEED to know that ALL beef is safe to eat. Beyond that, if they WANT to know that the beef they eat came from Canada, AUS, TX, CA, SD, MT, or from the X--Y--Z ranch located near the little rural outpost of GrassRoot, SD and was raised in the most natural way possible, or given the most nutritious diet and treated with respect and love by the owner right down to giving each animal their own name, they may CHOOSE to pay the price for the value of that additional information! Private enterprise should be the determining factor in information above and beyond basic safety and quality which should be, and is, mandated by law.

What is your evidence for your claims against Walmart beef? What is the "paint" you reference? From what I have read, the Walmart deal with beef is that it is safer product with fewer people handling it, so cuts are individually vacuum packed at the "factory" and not touched by human hands again till the consumer opens it at home.

Isn't it still law that beef cannot contain adulterants, excepting in the case of marinades, and must be labeled to tell the consumer that fact?

MRJ

Where did you hear that Wal-Mart paints meat? They add a solution to enhance flavor, tenderness and most of all shelf life through high-oxygen packaging which is a direct benefit to consumers. The added shelf life, reduced spoilage and shrink has allowed them to offer that product at a cheaper price to consumers. The solution is generally about 3-4% and varies by cut. The percentage you see on the listed on the label is merely the allowable legal limit set by current government regulation, not the actual level of added solution. Needless to say there are many food safety advantages to their case-ready product.

Wal-Mart's meat business has increased contrary to your opinion that case-ready product , which is the correct nomenclature for their product, hurts beef demand. Their competitors only wish they could match Wal-Mart's growth in beef and meat demand.

agman said:
MRJ said:
MRJ wrote:
{ "Without COOL they can not make that happen.".......What in COOL do you believe WILL make that happen? The ONLY thing that law will do is label a small portion of imported beef that winds up in the retail meat case as "IMPORTED", with NO country of origin (unless the seller chooses to put that information on), NO identification of producer or premise in the USA, NO means of trace back to quickly stop food borne illnesses (extemely rare as those are), No real information about quality of the product, NO information about age of the animal........NO information beneficial to the consumer in the current flawed COOL law. MRJ}
MRJ, I am not going to argue over your version of the bill in the U. S. Congress. I know congress has the ability to name a bill that means just the opposite and if the packers think they can not buy off the COOL votes this is usually their next step.

When a packer buys meat and processes it, the packer should be responsible for its safety and reputation, not the rancher. A cow sold for dog food by a rancher sometimes does get in the food chain by some unseemly businessmen. If processors can not check out the factors that might make beef safe or not then they should not be in the business. It seems that you would argue that the packers have the right to put all problems through traceback to the rancher. The packers need to be held responsible for the quality of the product they are boxing. Exceptions might be new diseases or other factors that can not be sorted by the packers but these are few.

If you had a real country of origin labling law, the government regulatory agency that regulates the meat industry in that country would have a real incentive to regulate the industry, as it would hurt all exports if they were lapse. This would be a balancing mechanism to what some unseemly businman might want to get away with.

When Tyson has made the kind of deals with Walmart and sells meat by painting it to make it look good, that will hurt meat consumption, not increase it. We all have to be worried when that is the only choice we have. That is what happens when markets are not competitive.

My "version" of the COOL law is simply what the law says!

I've never supported (nor do I believe anyone else has) a bill that shifts ANY responsibility from packer, processor, purveyor, retailer, restaurant, nor any other "handler" of the meat, back to the producer and/or feeder.

BTW, there is at least one very old disease that is extremely easy to intentionally put into cattle herds, or to get there unintentionally. Can you say "Foot and Mouth"? IMO, that and some other diseases that are known to be in hands of terrorists are the major reason the government wants M-ID, and I agree with them! There is more desire in having M-ID to PROTECT the US cattle herd, than there is to place any possible BLAME on individual ranchers, for goodness sake!

What I do believe is needed is ID/labeling capable of recording what each of those puts into the end product, beef in this case, and having the capability to trace it back TO WHERE SOMETHING CAN BE DONE TO REMEDY problems and prevent them from happening again when possible.

BTW, are you saying there are NO "unseemly" ranchers who fudge on withdrawal periods, ship cows that should be euthanized, or in any other way (I'm not up on the latest scams and cons) try to cheat someone on up the line in the beef industry? Thankfully, there are very few, but more than we should have!

Re, incentives for foreign governments to assure safety and quality of their beef exported to the USA, they already DO HAVE to label it as, for example, PRODUCT OF CANADA. So, there is your "incentive" for them. It is not accurate to promote the idea that ONLY beef, or ALL beef that is imported is substandard or of poor quality, as too many people with power of the press in this country have done/are doing. IMO, it is far better to control and monitor imported, AS THE GOV'T DOES TODAY.

Consumers NEED to know that ALL beef is safe to eat. Beyond that, if they WANT to know that the beef they eat came from Canada, AUS, TX, CA, SD, MT, or from the X--Y--Z ranch located near the little rural outpost of GrassRoot, SD and was raised in the most natural way possible, or given the most nutritious diet and treated with respect and love by the owner right down to giving each animal their own name, they may CHOOSE to pay the price for the value of that additional information! Private enterprise should be the determining factor in information above and beyond basic safety and quality which should be, and is, mandated by law.

What is your evidence for your claims against Walmart beef? What is the "paint" you reference? From what I have read, the Walmart deal with beef is that it is safer product with fewer people handling it, so cuts are individually vacuum packed at the "factory" and not touched by human hands again till the consumer opens it at home.

Isn't it still law that beef cannot contain adulterants, excepting in the case of marinades, and must be labeled to tell the consumer that fact?

MRJ

Where did you hear that Wal-Mart paints meat? They add a solution to enhance flavor, tenderness and most of all shelf life through high-oxygen packaging which is a direct benefit to consumers. The added shelf life, reduced spoilage and shrink has allowed them to offer that product at a cheaper price to consumers. The solution is generally about 3-4% and varies by cut. The percentage you see on the listed on the label is merely the allowable legal limit set by current government regulation, not the actual level of added solution. Needless to say there are many food safety advantages to their case-ready product.

Wal-Mart's meat business has increased contrary to your opinion that case-ready product , which is the correct nomenclature for their product, hurts beef demand. Their competitors only wish they could match Wal-Mart's growth in beef and meat demand.

Agman, thank you for posting the facts on what Walmart does with the flavor and tenderness enhancing solutions in some of the beef they sell. I had the general idea, but was not clear on the process, nor on the label percentages.

MRJ

rkaiser said:
Sorry SH, if Randy is wrong Randy is wrong, is all you can come up with you're pretty pathetic.

You say the plants in America were losing money on every head. Why would they want to lose more on more cattle coming in from Canada?

Randy is right SH, Tyson and Cargill could not give a rats a%% if the border was open. They were doing just fine with a closed border.

I love the way you keep dodging the proof you supposedly have to support your fairy tale. "Phone Tyson" SH says :lol: What a joke.

Funny how you tried to shake me off woth personal cracks about management. If you were somehow to land a job with Cargill and Tyson, they could never even bring you near the front office. A puppet like you only belongs in front of the media, supporting every move made, but never waking up to the big business picture Cargill, Tyson, or Canadian Celtic have in mind.

Wake up SH. Tyson and Cargill made gains on every front by the border being closed.

Don't just make a statement, prove your position as you want SH to prove his? If Cargill and Tyson made excessive profits during the entire period of the border closure then your position might have some merit. The fact is they did NOT make excessive profits in their Canadain plants for the ENTIRE period of the border closure.

Listen Agman, I don't have time to go around proving everything I claim to be true. If you and SH want to make it your life work, go to her. I'm here to make statements, show opinion and cause discussion. I guess I accomplish all of that. Sure stirs you boys up now doesn't it.

Not one of us here on ranchers can really prove our points beyond shadow of a doubt since most of what we discuss is relative.

Sure Tyson and Cargill lost a few bucks when the border first closed. Then they collected a government cheque. Did it pay all their losses, probably not. Did the government cheque pay for the losses to the producer, definately not.

Might have been a few days here and there throughout the salmon run that things got light, but overall times were good for Tyson at Brooks and Cargill at High River.

Ad this to the my opinion (almost said fact there) that their competition was at a distinct disadvantage and you have a very profitable time for Tyson and Cargill in Alberta, in more ways than one.

Any lieing so far.

Can I prove that Cargill and Tyson made more in their Canadian plants than they lost in America due to the closed border - NO. Just as you cannot prove that they lost more in their American plants than they did in Canada due to the closed border. And we haven't even discussed the competitve advantages over other companies.

Thus my statement that Cargill and Tyson had no real will to cause the border to open. They always knew it could not last forever and therefore kept the public comfortable with the ever famous Amicus Brief.

And I'm not going to waste my life proving anything to you, or SH, or MRJ, or Tam, or any one of the other packer lovers who are roped into thinking that the current system is without flaws and is adhered to morally and ethically by Tyson and Cargill. (thanks for teaching me how to spell Cargill correctly Agman, now my Packer Bwamin can at least be literatly correct.)

If you would like to dismiss me as an ignorant packer blamer Agman, be my guest. But I'll BE BACK.

...Randy your post seems to be pretty accurate in my opinion... unless tyson and cargill are members of the ami ... i remember the ami spokesperson being on radio talk shows up here in canada several times to support their reasons for a open border...

...if i remember the ami were worried about the loss in usa packing house capacity cause of the closed border ...how much capacity has the usa loss ... one of the reasons i ask this question is with all the added capacity up here our slaughter numbers do not seem to be much higher than last year at this time...

Unfortunately for you Randy, this is one place where false statements will not go unchallenged. This industry is plagued with misinformation. It's one thing to suggest that Cargill and Tyson wanted the border to stay closed when they took every position against that view but it's quite another to suggest that they benefitted on both sides of the border when their financial statements show exactly the opposite. Unless your mind is so clogged with packer blame that you actually believe that Tyson is lying to their investors on their financial statements. I didn't think anyone could reach that far.

The biggest disservice to this industry is false information and out and out lies. I would have thought you would agree when R-CULT was calling your beef contaminated.

I don't care whether false accusations are made against producers, feeders, packers, or retailers. There is still what is called the presumption of innocense and until you can prove an allegation, it is nothing more than a baseless allegation that only serves to mislead.

An opinion is only as good as the facts that support it and that's where you really fall short.

~SH~

Listen Agman, I don't have time to go around proving everything I claim to be true. If you and SH want to make it your life work, go to her. I'm here to make statements, show opinion and cause discussion. I guess I accomplish all of that. Sure stirs you boys up now doesn't it.

Not one of us here on ranchers can really prove our points beyond shadow of a doubt since most of what we discuss is relative.

Well note to all, Randy will not be proving any of his claims so don't bother reading anything he post if you care about the truth backed up by facts.
And I'm not going to waste my life proving anything to you, or SH, or MRJ, or Tam, or any one of the other packer lovers who are roped into thinking that the current system is without flaws and is adhered to morally and ethically by Tyson and Cargill.

Randy can you tell us just how many dollars you have collected for Big C coffers with your OPINIONS that you have no intention on backing up with facts if question about the them?

If you would like to dismiss me as an ignorant packer blamer Agman, be my guest. But I'll BE BACK.

But the next time we will all know your claims are just, making statements, and showing opinions with nothing backing them. Thanks for the warning.

Whatever SH. Yap on all night long again.
AND I'll say what I feel is reality.

You and your proof and lies and false statements can take a flying leap.

My statements are not lies, just statements that cannot be proven wrong by you.

Cargill and Tyson enjoyed the salmon run and made gains on both sides of the border. Some of it was cash flow, some of it was competitive advantage, and some of it was government cheques. Lost some too, but not enough to hire Moses to open the border like they did when boxed beef was blocked.

Tell me how that is a lie. Tell everyone how I am bwaming the packers by making these statements.

The truth is, this industry is not only disserviced by Rcalf's short sightedness, but by goofs like yourself who can't think beyond the propoganda spouted by your packer buddies. Who, by the way are simply using you, goofball, to satisfy their public needs.

Wake up and think for yourself SH. Sounds like you have to a certain point with your support of integrated marketing beyond the mutinationals, why not direct more energy there? Why the quest to support every move the mutinationals make?

Tam, here's some quotes for you;
"I refuse to prove every statement I make unless it's convenient for me."
"I'll post the rest of the information I have as I get around to it or as I feel like it"
"I refuse to back every little statement that I make"

You want to guess who those gems came from? HINT; It wasn't Randy.

Quote:

Well note to all, Randy will not be proving any of his claims so don't bother reading anything he post if you care about the truth backed up by facts.
Quote:
And I'm not going to waste my life proving anything to you, or SH, or MRJ, or Tam, or any one of the other packer lovers who are roped into thinking that the current system is without flaws and is adhered to morally and ethically by Tyson and Cargill.

Randy can you tell us just how many dollars you have collected for Big C coffers with your OPINIONS that you have no intention on backing up with facts if question about the them?

Quote:

But the next time we will all know your claims are just, making statements, and showing opinions with nothing backing them. Thanks for the warning.

You're the hero Tam.

Why don't you write editorial in the Western Producer and the Cattlemen Tam, telling everyone what a con man Randy Kaiser is. That statement about BIG C was a pretty low blow, and I think you better back off.

If you don't like what I say don't read it.

I don't really like to talk nasty to a woman so I will stop now.

rkaiser said:

Sure Tyson and Cargill lost a few bucks when the border first closed. Then they collected a government cheque. Did it pay all their losses, probably not. Did the government cheque pay for the losses to the producer, definately not.

Might have been a few days here and there throughout the salmon run that things got light, but overall times were good for Tyson at Brooks and Cargill at High River.

Ad this to the my opinion (almost said fact there) that their competition was at a distinct disadvantage and you have a very profitable time for Tyson and Cargill in Alberta, in more ways than one.

Any lieing so far.

Can I prove that Cargill and Tyson made more in their Canadian plants than they lost in America due to the closed border - NO. Just as you cannot prove that they lost more in their American plants than they did in Canada due to the closed border. And we haven't even discussed the competitve advantages over other companies.

Thus my statement that Cargill and Tyson had no real will to cause the border to open. They always knew it could not last forever and therefore kept the public comfortable with the ever famous Amicus Brief.

And I'm not going to waste my life proving anything to you, or SH, or MRJ, or Tam, or any one of the other packer lovers who are roped into thinking that the current system is without flaws and is adhered to morally and ethically by Tyson and Cargill. (thanks for teaching me how to spell Cargill correctly Agman, now my Packer Bwamin can at least be literatly correct.)

If you don't have time to prove what you CLAIM (your own words) why make the claim in the first place. That is a lame excuse and suggests to me you have no proof period, just an very uninformed opinion.

If you can factually dispute what I post please step up to the plate. I am not defending the packer but I will defend the truth. If that is a lie about a packer I will challenge that. I will do the same for producers and I have done so many times.

Was the payment to packers disproportionate to the number of cattle they owned or did they get preferential treatment? If they received no preferential treatment then what is your complaint? Is it fair to limit payments only to producers of less than 50 head of cattle?

Latest posts