• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CAUTION !!!! farming pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
neighbor had a little SNAFU... 36 row planter was parked for the night, but no one shut off the center pivot.... $50,000 pivot, and a $200,000 planter....
bof43.jpg

bof41.jpg

Bof42.jpg

Even worse is there will be no time to procrastinate. Both need to up and running promptly.

Jigs----what's the moisture/planting situation in your area? Cattle market pretty shiny---but wheat and feed grain evidently tight and much adverse weather world wide.

Did the sprinkler try to walk up the tractor tire or the drawbar? What damage did it do to the planter?

Had that happen to us one time. We used a JD G to run those older new holland ground driven hay rakes. We had a half circle of corn and hay and left the G at the end of the field but parked it next to the wheel track. Didn't remember the sprinkler and it walked into the G and bent one of the Towers and did some damage to the tractor.

little joe, moisture is below normal, but not drought conditions....yet. we could use a good rain.

tenbach79... lead tire walked up the saddle tank, the trail tire kept it right on a going... I have pics from 6 years ago when the other neighbors kid parked the swather at night, and the dad forgot to shut off the pivot....tore the hell out of it, 15 minutes of taking off unused parts and kicking the remaining glass out of the cab and it was running...I was the lucky idiot to run it that day....dug bugs out of my ears for a week!

I told my wife "at least I have never had an accident that expensive"

She said it was because I don't own anything that expensive! :shock: :shock:

Doug Thorson said:
I told my wife "at least I have never had an accident that expensive"

She said it was because I don't own anything that expensive! :shock: :shock:

Me to. All of the tractors are 30-40 years old.

I bale alot of straw and corn stalks on pivots and the number one rule I tell the guys is never leave a machine parked on the pivot. Lighting can start a sprinkler and when were on several different peoples land who knows when they might start one up to move it and for get about it. I forgot to shut off a sprinkler when I was baling stalks and it walked one tire onto a bale and luckily got stuck so the safety which shut it off.

Funny....it always "the neighbor" who has these issues it seems......

Hmmmm....just saying...............

jingo2 said:

Yup! And with Me, it's even more removed---it's usually my neighbor's neighbor---and some of them have even started bringing their cameras......

jingo2 said:

oh Kola, you are one negative a hole...

Certainly a fuel line is busted. I'll bet the real damage will be to that five fold Frigstad cultivator.

Latest posts