• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Celtic Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BMR, why do you belittle a fellow countryman who has gotten off his arse and is trying to do something that will help himself, his neighbors, and his country?

What are you gaining?

BMR's asking a legitimate supply and demand question to make Randy, the Canadian packer victim, think about the hypocrisy in his position of packers not passing any added value to beef on to the producers.

Randy reminds me of Mike Callicrate. In one breath he can tell you how packers and retailers are making $400 per head profits off the backs of producers and the market has nothing to do with supply and demand. In the next breath he can tell you how he is paying a top premium of $50 per head and charging consumers 10% to 20% more for his branded beef products and has yet to realize a profit.

Randy says packers don't pass the added value of beef on to the producer yet he promotes Celtic beef to add value to his cattle.

WHERE'S THE CONSISTANCY IN THOSE POSITIONS?

There is none! Hypocrisy at it's finest.

~SH~

And the defender of the mutinationals pops his fuzzy head up just like the gophers he traps.

Amazing how a dipshit like you cannot see the difference between a producer driven integrated market and the communist ideology of mutinational corporate welfare giants.

Don't get your finger caught in your gopher trap this afternoon Super Hero.

BMR - expansion is slow due in part to the massive oversupply of low end cuts in Canada these days. Seems that Cargill and Tyson can freeze the **** forever, or at least until they see a chance to make a move over the competition with a drastic blowout. Oh wait, they would never do something like that!!!! :roll:

We truely have a ton of packer blamers that would love to be part of the Celtic program. Why do you ask. Would you like to join in?

Randy Kaiser: "Amazing how a dipshit like you cannot see the difference between a producer driven integrated market and the communist ideology of mutinational corporate welfare giants."

Well gosh, perhaps it's because I never had a marketing wizard like you explain it to me. Tell me how a producer driven integrated market can return the value of their beef to the producer while the multinational evil large corporations hoard that added value all to themselves. Wonder what advanced cattle prices in the U.S. over 50% in a single year? Packer guilt? Christmas spirit? Yeh, I'll bet that's it.

I suppose the multinationals lie about their profits to the investors huh? I suppose they lie in their profit reports to GIPSA huh? Funny how they can attract investors when they don't show a profit? Hahaha! Kinda self defeating I'd say but hey, when did conflicting arguments ever stop a good story? Sorry Randy, I know that I shouldn't bother you with such simple basic economic facts which only serve to confuse you.

Poor poor Randy!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Randy Kaiser: "Amazing how a dipshit like you cannot see the difference between a producer driven integrated market and the communist ideology of mutinational corporate welfare giants."

Well gosh, perhaps it's because I never had a marketing wizard like you explain it to me. Tell me how a producer driven integrated market can return the value of their beef to the producer while the multinational evil large corporations hoard that added value all to themselves. Wonder what advanced cattle prices in the U.S. over 50% in a single year? Packer guilt? Christmas spirit? Yeh, I'll bet that's it.

I suppose the multinationals lie about their profits to the investors huh? I suppose they lie in their profit reports to GIPSA huh? Funny how they can attract investors when they don't show a profit? Hahaha! Kinda self defeating I'd say but hey, when did conflicting arguments ever stop a good story? Sorry Randy, I know that I shouldn't bother you with such simple basic economic facts which only serve to confuse you.

Poor poor Randy!

~SH~

I can show you a number of places that the packers put their profits other than passing it to their suppliers (producers). Want to place a wager on that?

Now you've never heard of a large company lying to investors? :roll: The list starts with Enron, and contunues thru World Com.

Sandhusker said:
BMR, why do you belittle a fellow countryman who has gotten off his arse and is trying to do something that will help himself, his neighbors, and his country?

What are you gaining?

Where did you see me belittleing Randy? Yesterday I asked him about a Galloway bull that was coming up for sale .Then today I ask how his program is going and if they needed more supply. How do your customers make informed ranching decisions? I like to weigh out my options and not chase fads as then you are always chasing and never catch up.

Remember we can't raise interest rates every Friday or request our cows to give us cross bred calves with out a little forsight.
I have a thirfty herd of Black cows that probably could be thriftier if bred galloway but I am not sure that's what will work for me so I ask question. :cowboy:

Oh by the way Randy if you were talking about Fred N. I was sitting beside him in Brandon when he bought that BABA Stockman bull.

~SH~ said:

Poor poor Randy!

~SH~

The rubber band has sprung, SH. The packers can not hold down the price forever. When supply finally reaches a point that they can not hold down the price then we get what we have today. Yeah for the Packers!!! They have brought the price up, eh, SH? These higher prices are a result of prices being held down long enough to reduce the supply. Now we have to have even Australians to supply us with enough meat!! SH, what do you want to bet that we will see low margins for a while until Tyson's profits on chicken begin to lower. That will drive out a few competitiors possibly in beef. Then it is down on the poultry side and margins up on beef. Why be content with one market when you can have two?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

What are you gaining?

Where did you see me belittleing Randy? Yesterday I asked him about a Galloway bull that was coming up for sale .Then today I ask how his program is going and if they needed more supply. How do your customers make informed ranching decisions? I like to weigh out my options and not chase fads as then you are always chasing and never catch up.

Remember we can't raise interest rates every Friday or request our cows to give us cross bred calves with out a little forsight.
I have a thirfty herd of Black cows that probably could be thriftier if bred galloway but I am not sure that's what will work for me so I ask question. :cowboy:

Oh by the way Randy if you were talking about Fred N. I was sitting beside him in Brandon when he bought that BABA Stockman bull.

If I prematurely bit your head off, I'm sorry. We get so many antagonistic posts around here I think we all get a bit defensive and quick to snip, myself included.

Again, I apologize.

When did he buy the Baba stockman bull BMR? I was out last sprong at the Freeway Angus ranch and saw a hell of a thick topped brute. Might that have been him?

Celtic program or no Celtic program, pretty hard to go wrong in the industry following the lead of a man like Fred Noad.

I would also like to reply to the basic economics of Scott Huber.

When the border was closed to Canadian cattle, producers in Canada lost millions. Mutiational packers profitted excessively and received taxpayers money to boot. All one industry you say. But ranchers in Canada have no reason to question the situation.

Thank you very much for your input Scott Huber, your wealth of knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Your truely Randy Kaiser Burrrp. Damn that's good whiskey.

It should have been in the spring of 2001. The bulls were K models. That was at Mountain Veiw and Brookmore angus's sale.
He has 3 Blackcat bull for sale. No pictures in the catalog. There is a little bit of stigma to get past to breed Galloway as we have had some in the past as feeders and that is where they didn't shine the best, that's not saying that some in the cow herd would not be a good idea and possibly the way to lower input costs. Retained owner ship is probably the way to go to gain the most advantage for them.

Check out the Olds College Steer a Year results BMR. Feeder cattle are only as good as the individual that sired them.

http://say.oldscollege.ab.ca/

Sandman: "I can show you a number of places that the packers put their profits other than passing it to their suppliers (producers). Want to place a wager on that?"

Short term only until the competition is doing the same thing and it's back to seeing who can get the cattle bought and still make a profit.

Every ridiculous anti competitive argument you conspiracy theorists throw out there is shattered by the fact that Tyson, Excel, Swift, Smithfield and USPB are in competition for the same cattle. A cold hard fact that you conspiracy theorist packer blamers simply cannot accept.

Sandman: "Now you've never heard of a large company lying to investors? The list starts with Enron, and contunues thru World Com."

Typical conspiracy theorist logic and justification for your twisted beliefs. One large company exposes corruption SO THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT. Yup, shor nuff a student of the Clinton administration Sandman.

Elementary: "The rubber band has sprung, SH. The packers can not hold down the price forever. When supply finally reaches a point that they can not hold down the price then we get what we have today. Yeah for the Packers!!! They have brought the price up, eh, SH? These higher prices are a result of prices being held down long enough to reduce the supply. Now we have to have even Australians to supply us with enough meat!! SH, what do you want to bet that we will see low margins for a while until Tyson's profits on chicken begin to lower. That will drive out a few competitiors possibly in beef. Then it is down on the poultry side and margins up on beef. Why be content with one market when you can have two?"

Another round of totally unsubstantiated baseless conspiracy theories BUT THEY SOUND GOOD TO YOUR FELLOW PACKER BLAMERS as their turbins touch the ground in unison.

Australia has been sending us beef all along and if you weren't so ignorant about this industry you would know that too.

Tyson is not going to sacrifice their beef profits to the benefit of chicken to run out their competition. That is absolutely insane.

Packers holding down prices is another of your many ridiculous conspiracies. If they had that ability, why would it not show up in their profits? Oh, that's right, they are hiding their profitability from their investors. Luckily they have found investors who want to invest in an unprofitable company. Hahaha! Makes sense to Elementary Economics BY GAWD!

Make it up as you go. You are one sorry pathetic man to come on this site and lie the way you have. Keep it up and you might just end up being CEO of R-CULT.

~SH~

Randy Kaiser: "When the border was closed to Canadian cattle, producers in Canada lost millions. Mutiational packers profitted excessively and received taxpayers money to boot. All one industry you say. But ranchers in Canada have no reason to question the situation."

Multinational packers did not profit excessively. That is a bold faced lie. Their financial reports show they did not profit. THEY LOST MONEY DESPITE THEIR PROFITS IN LAKESIDE.

The only explanation you can have for this is that they lied to their investors and their amicus brief to reopen the border was filed as a smokescreen. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

What they gained in Canada, they lost in the U.S. and that is available in their financial reports. You just refuse to believe it because it doesn't support your packer blaming bias.

Canadian ranchers have every reason to question the situation regarding the justification for closing the border. Instead of focusing on the real culprits who lied about the safety of your beef, you blame the packers just like the bonafide packer blamer you are.

Randy Kaiser: "Your truely Randy Kaiser Burrrp. Damn that's good whiskey."

That explains a lot.

~SH~

SH, how can you continue to be so dense? You talk about the high prices in America during the border closure being due to American demand and nothing to do with the border to the Rcalf guys, and then you say that Cargill and Tyson lost their money in the USA due to the closed border.

Which is it?

If Tyson lost money in America, they lost it because consumer demand was strong and margins were tight, or negative at times.

Anywhoo, I was talking about Canada in my last post you simple minded puke. producers in Canada are not all blind following lemers like yourself. They saw and see the unfairness of the situation which saw

-Randy Kaiser: "When the border was closed to Canadian cattle, producers in Canada lost millions. Mutiational packers profitted excessively and received taxpayers money to boot. All one industry you say. But ranchers in Canada have no reason to question the situation."

The real culprits all right.

The real culprits are the ones that I speak of and you and your red cape continue to defend.

Cargill and Tyson benefitted from the closed border and you simply will not admit it.

A few Norther Rancher. Going up to preg test on Monday. We kept a handful of Galloway sire heifers out of Welsh Black Hereford Cross Dams. Straight reds and Blacks. Got a few Galloway cross 3 year olds that we will likely sell as well. Sale will be with our bull sale this year on Feb. 18th.

I imagine they will sell in the 3 to 5 thousand dollar range now that the border is open and everything is GREAT in the Canadian Cattle Industry. :)

You talk about the high prices in America during the border closure being due to American demand and nothing to do with the border to the Rcalf guys, and then you say that Cargill and Tyson lost their money in the USA due to the closed border.

Which is it?

The high CATTLE prices during the closed border was due to consumer demand and not due to the border being closed. If that was not the case, we would not have better CATTLE prices than we had last year when the border was closed WOULD WE?????

GARSH RANDY, CAN YOU FIGURE THAT ONE OUT?????

You call me dense after you can't even understand that?

Tyson and Cargill did lose money in the U.S. due to the border being closed. Cattle prices and packer profits are not one in the same.

Randy Kaiser: "Anywhoo, I was talking about Canada in my last post you simple minded puke. producers in Canada are not all blind following lemers like yourself. They saw and see the unfairness of the situation which saw"

Anywhoo, you were talking about the "Mutiational" packers in your last post which I assume meant "multinational" packers. You didn't say Canadian packers unless "mutiational" means Canadian? LOL!

You call me the simple minded puke after making a statement like that? Ahhh.....ok?

Randy Kaiser: "Cargill and Tyson benefitted from the closed border and you simply will not admit it."

That's bullsh*t and you simply cannot admit it.

Their finacial reports proved it to be bullsh*t. Their amicus brief to reopen the border proved it. The fact that their Boise and Pasco plants lost more money than Lakeside made proves it but you are the brainwashed packer blamer who simply cannot accept the truth.

What the hell is a "lemer"? Are they mutiational lemers? LOL!

You call me dense?

~SH~

Super Hero -
The high CATTLE prices during the closed border was due to consumer demand and not due to the border being closed. If that was not the case, we would not have better CATTLE prices than we had last year when the border was closed WOULD WE?????

Thank you for proving my point SH. Losses in America to Cargill and Tyson were due to consumer demand and the tight margins associated with that and had nothing to do with a closed border. Therefore Cargills and Tysons excessive gains in Canada could be considered PURE PROFIT.

Thanks Agin SH, gotta go.

Latest posts