• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CHRISTMAS tree's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Home made fake tree made out of wood so I guess it is real as well. As for the reason, well it will take a long time and a cup of coffee.

Christmas is at our place this year, so I am putting up a tree. If I cannot get a real one I do not put one up.

We just picked one up tonight from a fella that grows them on his acreage. Fresh cut, beautiful blue spruce 10 feet tall . Can't wait to start decorating it . :D

We do a fake tree. We're lazy I guess.

I remember one year when my father-in-law didn't get a tree for some
reason, so they cut down a quaking aspen and decorated that. :shock:
Interesting that of all the nice Christmas trees they had before and after,
that is the one I remember the most!

Faster horses said:

I remember helping put our old fake tree together and if one was lazy it would not get done .. That was a huge job, straightening out the limbs and then putting each one in the right color notch. Then taking it all down and putting it away ; it would never fit like it did when you took it out of the box. What a pita .. :lol:

Real is much easier, cut it down ,haul it home and decorate . :wink:

A friend of mine keeps her decorated, fake tree in the spare bedroom closet , so she just wheels it out each year . :p

per said:
Home made fake tree made out of wood so I guess it is real as well. As for the reason, well it will take a long time and a cup of coffee.

would love to hear the story. was in Okotoks today, will be there again towards the end of next week(thurs or fri) pm or e-mail me

hillsdown said:
Faster horses said:

I remember helping put our old fake tree together and if one was lazy it would not get done .. That was a huge job, straightening out the limbs and then putting each one in the right color notch. Then taking it all down and putting it away ; it would never fit like it did when you took it out of the box. What a pita .. :lol:

A friend of mine keeps her decorated, fake tree in the spare bedroom closet , so she just wheels it out each year . :p

Well, I didn't want to say........but our is a fiber optic tree. I love it.
Kinda like from going from milking a cow to canned milk... :wink:
Not much work involved with it~ :D

Last year was the first time in 5 years i even thought about putting a tree up. My Dad sent me a tree to help get me in the spirit. I have it up now still have to do more decorating.
I have had "fake" trees for over 12 years since I am alergic to pine.....couldnt figure out why every "winter" I was sick. Once we found out, tried different types but have not found a "christmas" tree that I dont have an asthum attack with.
I am happy with my fake tree and I can change the position of the "hole" anytime I want or not have a hole at all LOL

Christmas just is'nt christmas without a stolen tree. :twisted:

I've got some spotted.

Denny said:
Christmas just is'nt christmas without a stolen tree. :twisted:

I've got some spotted.

We did that one year, it was growing in the road allowance by our place. So hubby and I went out with a chain saw and flash light one night and got our tree . 8)

The next week the grater fella must have been enjoying too much Christmas cheer as he ran over every spruce tree along that road allowance for a couple of miles . :roll: Made a real mess ; took down a few mail boxes too. :???:

we went and cut ours down today :D

Winter11-12013.jpg

My favorite trees have been Ponderosa Pines, with a home-grown cedar tree a close favorite.

In recent years we have had an artificial tree........after I learned my daughter would be sick from allergies for weeks after coming home for Christmas!

Another favorite was cutting a bushy little wild plum tree, spray painting it white, and attaching colorful Christmas mini-decorations to it, always in addition to the big tree in the living room. Hope I get time (and energy!) do that again some year!

And isn't it great that Christmas still comes whether we are 'ready' or not???

mrj

One year we bought some kinda fir, short fat, thick needles and sorta blue. After Christmas it was still green and fresh so I set it out in the flower bed in front of the house and the base was hidden by my wife's monkey-grass and I kept it watered. People thought it was growing there and it didn't start dropping needles bad until March. We were the only people with a dead Christmas tree out by the street for pick-up.

Faster horses said:
hillsdown said:
Faster horses said:

I've got one of those too. Haven't drug it out of the box yet this year.

Cedarcreek said:
Faster horses said:
hillsdown said:

I've got one of those too. Haven't drug it out of the box yet this year.

Well, if you aren't going to use yours, could we borrow the adaptor?
:wink: :p :lol:

I found a really nice fake tree that I would like to get as back up incase we don't have a chance to get a real one some years. Well Mr HD saw the price of it and lets just say I am now guaranteed a real tree for at least 10 years .. :p

The mighty hunters stealthily hunted in the woods for a tree. Neeked up on a gihugic one and killed it with our mighty chainsaw. It's now a trophy in our living room :)

I'm getting a twinge of envy for those of you with 'real' Christmas trees!

But won't inflict the allergy miseries on my daughter who will be here for a week.

And, don't have the energy to bring one in, in any case.

So, all those with 'real' Christmas trees, please remember how special they are and have an extra merry Christmas!

mrj

I think.......after reading this thread..........that I will change the
catagory for Dec,. 25 in the photo contest from Santa to CHRISTMAS TREES! So get your cameras out and take a picture of your tree and send it to the_jersey_lilly_2000.

This will be a fun new catagory! And thanks for entering!

Latest posts