• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cinch Jeans?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score
Anyone wear them on this forum? Even though I love my Wrangler jeans, thought about getting a pair of Cinch. However, haven't seen a single ad on the Cowboy Channel for Cinch jeans, only Wranglers.

I know, I know, Cinch jeans and shirts are pro-rodeo products, but still wondered. Wrangler is still a major sponsor of PRCA rodeo, but Cinch is coming right along.

Actually, Cinch jeans remind me of the old Jordache jeans I had years upon years ago. Like Jordache, Cinch jeans have a white-thread design on the back pockets. And, thinking about it, I don't see any "older" men at rodeo's, wearing Cinch jeans. Only the young guys.

Last edited:
Well, we have decided against buying the Cinch jeans for wife and I. Much more expensive than the Wrangler jeans we now wear.

Will let the younger generation (Millennials and young Gen X) folks buy and wear them.

Wrangler Boot Cut Jeans, the pre-washed type, had always done me fine in the saddle and do me fine still today, not in the saddle anymore.

I've wore Wrangler 13MWZ for year. Picked up a pair of Red Cap at Menards and wish I could get back across the border to pick up a few more pair. For the price they wore pretty good.

Now, along with definitely noticing my wife's Wranglers on her, I'd also, probably, notice them on ladies like Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith. Ooops, again, telling my age! LOL

I like Wranglers myself. Those new jean companies that put all the bling and designs on their pants don't and won't get my $ bills. Cinch makes a decent shirt if ya wanna spend $60. I've bought a few off the clearance rack for $10. Never wanted to wear anything but my blue wranglers. They were plenty good enough to get married in and they will do

Mr. FH wears Wranglers and only Wranglers. He does wear the Cool Vantage ones because he has such a hard time with heat. Not sure they help, but hopefully they do. He wears the 47's now but he used to wear the MWZ's.
Because he gets so hot during the summer I have tried to get him to wear shorts of some kind........not just NO, but HELL NO!!
He'll melt first. 🤣😂🤣

Oh and boots. And long-sleeved shirts. No wonder he gets so hot.

Mr. FH wears Wranglers and only Wranglers. He does wear the Cool Vantage ones because he has such a hard time with heat. Not sure they help, but hopefully they do. He wears the 47's now but he used to wear the MWZ's.
Because he gets so hot during the summer I have tried to get him to wear shorts of some kind........not just NO, but HELL NO!!
He'll melt first. 🤣😂🤣

Oh and boots. And long-sleeved shirts. No wonder he gets so hot.
Did you know that, the all PRCA contestants, at any rodeo, have to wear boots and a long-sleeve shirt, to compete. Actually, I've never seen any stock contractor personnel wearing short-sleeve shirts while working in the arena.
I use to wear a short-sleeve shirt to a rodeo, then change to a long-sleeve one for the grand entry and to compete.
I have plenty of both long-sleeve and short-sleeve western shirts, and non-western, shirts to wear.

A few years ago, I bought a Cinch short-sleeve shirt, and to this day, the shirt is still "stiff as a board" to wear. No matter how much clothes softener I put in the rinse cycle or dryer sheets in the dryer, the shirt just stays stiff. It's a beautiful shirt that we got on sale, but it's just so darn stiff.

A Wrangler shirt can be pretty stiff as well, but I think my Cinch shirt way outdoes the Wrangler one when it comes to stiffness.

Did you know that, the all PRCA contestants, at any rodeo, have to wear boots and a long-sleeve shirt, to compete. Actually, I've never seen any stock contractor personnel wearing short-sleeve shirts while working in the arena.
I use to wear a short-sleeve shirt to a rodeo, then change to a long-sleeve one for the grand entry and to compete.
I have plenty of both long-sleeve and short-sleeve western shirts, and non-western, shirts to wear.
Of course I know that. I wasn't born yesterday.

So you are telling us that there are ranchers past and present that didn't and don't know to compete in PRCA rodeo they have to wear long sleeves and boots? How arrogant! Where do you think the rules came from? Long sleeves and boots when working around livestock are a given on ranches. Rodeo rules are made for the urban contestants that lack common sense. Such an arrogant post would be better posted on a site helping skateboarders become urban cowboys.

So you are telling us that there are ranchers past and present that didn't and don't know to compete in PRCA rodeo they have to wear long sleeves and boots? How arrogant! Where do you think the rules came from? Long sleeves and boots when working around livestock are a given on ranches. Rodeo rules are made for the urban contestants that lack common sense. Such an arrogant post would be better posted on a site helping skateboarders become urban cowboys.
Now, calm down, Mountain Cowgirl!! I know what you think of urban full-time working rodeo cowboys, like I was. I only done rodeo on the weekends, just like the guys I knew.........a defense lawyer, a Deputy Sheriff, a high school teacher and on and on. Yes, we were all "urban", but so what??? And, I'm sure, without a doubt, none of them would take it too nicely you calling them "urban contestants that lack common sense". Tell that to the lawyer, Deputy and high school teacher. I'm sure they'd have some nice, and perhaps, not so nice, things to say to you.

And, if you really want to know, I can be very arrogant, and humorous, and my wife absolutely loves it.

So what you were a weekend warrior. So are the majority of people who rodeo. That is nothing new. But you come on here like an expert on rodeo. Guess what? Most of the people on here have forgot more about rodeo than you have ever known.

So what you were a weekend warrior. So are the majority of people who rodeo. That is nothing new. But you come on here like an expert on rodeo. Guess what? Most of the people on here have forgot more about rodeo than you have ever known.
Awe, come on..........I seriously doubt that!! LOL

As far as being an "expert" on Timed Events in PRCA rodeo, basically I am! And, on top of that, I, as well as my wife, are pretty knowledgeable in Rough Stock events as well.

Yes, I was a "weekend warrior", so?? What's that got to do with anything? Anyway, if I didn't know enough about rodeo, let alone how to be a "header", I would've never/ever competed and won a few local rodeos that my "heeler" and I did. And, on top of that, we even made some money at Jackpot roping.

As for me, I love working with electronics and made a darn good salary doing it. And, another thing, would you tell the lawyer, the Deputy Sheriff or the high school teacher to their face what you told me in your post that I highlighted in blue???

Now, like Mountain Cowgirl, I'd like to be right there if you or her did say that to my "heeler" or the ones I knew in rodeo and/or the Jackpots I went to.

IOW, things can be said in a forum that would never be said directly to a person to their face. Right?

Now, let's quit getting nasty towards me and "move along". OK?

Last edited:
You insult many here with your arrogance and talk down to folks that are far more experienced, accomplished, and knowledgable and you call their responses nasty and want them to move along. Nothing I have said here I wouldn't say to your face or your "heelers" or even your preachers.

By the way, I am calm and trying to do you a favor before you make a complete fool of yourself. You need to read all the threads on this forum. It would enlighten you of the expertise here.

You insult many here with your arrogance and talk down to folks that are far more experienced, accomplished, and knowledgable and you call their responses nasty and want them to move along. Nothing I have said here I wouldn't say to your face or your "heelers" or even your preachers.

By the way, I am calm and trying to do you a favor before you make a complete fool of yourself. You need to read all the threads on this forum. It would enlighten you of the expertise here.
Well, only one word I can think to say to you here...............whatever!

Latest posts