• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cinch Jeans?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That "Support" is pretty new here. I believe it was just last fall when Macon sold this forum. The new owners put that up here and on Cattle Today. It has mostly been ignored by people who have been here for years.
You have come on here as the self described expert on rodeo. Not knowing the people you are talking to, their knowledge level, or experience. And bring up subject like this on on Cinch jeans. Or the shape of a cowboy hat. Or which hat you plan to wear to which event. Do you really think that people here care about those subjects?
I have never felt a bit of animosity here over the fact that I rode in rodeos. And for the record I got on my first bareback bronc at a rodeo in April of 1970. The last one in August of 1981. I took up team roping shortly after hanging up my bareback riggin. I gave that up in 1993 because my kids needed a little league coach more than I needed to go to rodeos every weekend. I am certain that my rodeo career was longer than yours unless you roped off the same horse for 23 years. I worked both ends of the arena. When was the last time you crawled into the chute and nodded your head? I don't drop names because A. what they accomplished is their accomplishments not mine. B. I am not putting other peoples names out on the web. One of the men I traveled with was the 1964 world champion bull rider. He also won the NFR twice. He was at the end of his career and I was just starting mine. You can look him up if so inclined. One of my other partners went to the southeast and won a ton of championships in the IPRA. Try being a little humble and listen. You might just learn something.

That "Support" is pretty new here. I believe it was just last fall when Macon sold this forum. The new owners put that up here and on Cattle Today. It has mostly been ignored by people who have been here for years.
You have come on here as the self described expert on rodeo. Not knowing the people you are talking to, their knowledge level, or experience. And bring up subject like this on on Cinch jeans. Or the shape of a cowboy hat. Or which hat you plan to wear to which event. Do you really think that people here care about those subjects?
I have never felt a bit of animosity here over the fact that I rode in rodeos. And for the record I got on my first bareback bronc at a rodeo in April of 1970. The last one in August of 1981. I took up team roping shortly after hanging up my bareback riggin. I gave that up in 1993 because my kids needed a little league coach more than I needed to go to rodeos every weekend. I am certain that my rodeo career was longer than yours unless you roped off the same horse for 23 years. I worked both ends of the arena. When was the last time you crawled into the chute and nodded your head? I don't drop names because A. what they accomplished is their accomplishments not mine. B. I am not putting other peoples names out on the web. One of the men I traveled with was the 1964 world champion bull rider. He also won the NFR twice. He was at the end of his career and I was just starting mine. You can look him up if so inclined. One of my other partners went to the southeast and won a ton of championships in the IPRA. Try being a little humble and listen. You might just learn something.
New or not, we chose to do the "Support" and we didn't have to. We simply felt like it was a good idea and are very happy that we did it.

The things I asked about, and talked about, were curious questions. Do I have to keep repeating myself that I've never been a rancher, but am curious about certain things. My wife knew very little about rodeo, until she met me and then she grew to love it.

If members of this forum didn't like the things I asked about, or talked about, they didn't have to reply............but many sure did, with interesting facts that I didn't know.

You don't have to put any PRCA Champions name on the web. I mean, you do know that they are already online, right? And, I do mean all that have gold buckles. So, what's the difference between naming someone and someone looking them up online?? Or, you didn't know that they were on the Internet?

Fact is, I was going to be a saddle bronc rider, until a saddle bronc friend of mine gave me a rope, showed me how to build a loop, swing and deliver it. After that, bought the horse, tack, ropes, roping spurs, went to a Roping School and on and on. He told me, "save your body and be a Team Roper", so I did. We do have the movie, The Great American Cowboy where Phil Lyne worked both ends of the arena, in bull riding and calf roping. And, there are guys that do than one event in Timed Events.

Being "humble" isn't really part of my personality. I'm very outgoing. It's been years since I roped, but still know everything about Timed Events, including when Calf Roping was renamed to Tie-Down Roping due to activists protests.

I remember, PRCA when it was called RCA. The name change came in 1975.

All I'm saying here is, forum members know all about ranching. I joined the forum to learn more and have learned more. Respect should be shown to both the ranchers and the people that don't ranch, but want to know more about it.

I've asked questions that some on this forum thought was stupid, but others answered those questions and were very, very helpful in doing it.

Last edited:

Latest posts