• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corgi pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Yesterday we were trying to take some pics of cattle, so I thought I'd try and take some of our Corgi, Holly---I think taking cattle pics was easier!!!

Can you find the Corgi?

holly-13.jpg

Smile Holly!!!

holly-11.jpg

Look, I'm ready to herd the heifers!

holly-132.jpg

Cheers-

TTB

TTB,
I knew we could find those ears!!! she is soooo cute!!! she probably didn't feel it but the spouse just beeped her nose!!!! BTW, how was the horse sale? I keep forgetting to ask?

TX--such a feminine face! you can tell she's a bitch just by looking at that face. do you use her to herd at all? is she cowy (looks like she is in that last pic)? and--why is her collar so loose? so she can get out of it if she gets hung up?
we had a corgi 20 :? years ago--he had that "small man complex"; figured he could whip anything bigger than he was, and tried. and he was neutered.... :!:

I think you mean TTB, it's her doggie, Holly. Corky got to meet Holly at the Ranchers.net get together. They didn't hit it off very well, though. How did that rhubarb do??

Hanta Yo said:
I think you mean TTB, it's her doggie, Holly. Corky got to meet Holly at the Ranchers.net get together. They didn't hit it off very well, though. How did that rhubarb do??

Chuckie:

Yep that's our little Corgi Holly. She turned 1 year old this week. I asked Mr. TTB if we were going to have a birthday party for her. Needless to say the answer was NO :!: In all honesty, I know two folks raised on farms/ranches who live in the Denver metro area who have sister Corgis, and had a first birthday party for them last year---and they're both guys.

Chuckie, Holly's collar is so loose in case she get hung up on a fence or tree. One of her favorite hobbies is chasing rabbits and pheasants out of the tree rows. In the tall grass all you see is her ears popping up and down. I tried to get a picture of her doing that, but it's hard to stage, and I'm no Soapweed, sw, or Jersey Lilly at picture taking!

As well, she does like to herd-she's young enough that we're trying to take her slow in training her---plus in about 3 days we'll have over 100 head of bull calves in the lot behind our house and it would be best if she didn't take it upon herself to herd them in her free time!

Hanta: The rhubarb is great-froze most for rhubarb bars this winter! I'm waiting for Christmas time to bring out the "snowmen."

sw: The horse sale went great--I think we averaged $1250 on the colts :lol: -one of our partners averaged about the same :lol: , and the other partner in the sale had a rough afternoon :cry:

Cheers and ttfn

TTB

Turkey Track bar,I dont think I have ever seen a Corgy,they look like a small dog,bout how much do they weigh?she looks like she is ready to work cattle :D ...............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Turkey Track bar,I dont think I have ever seen a Corgy,they look like a small dog,bout how much do they weigh?she looks like she is ready to work cattle :D ...............good luck

Haymaker:

Corgis are smaller dogs (don't tell them that!!!) and Holly weighed 18 pounds in September. I'd say she is on the small side for a Corgi. The lady we bought her from (who coincidently is a relative of "Clarence" and "Martin" here on ranchers.net) has smaller Corgis, and Holly was the runt--

Hanta Yo and sw have a Corgi, Corky who probably is twice as big as Holly--but he's three (I think) and Holly just turned one, and has some filling out to do.

She loves to herd, but gets tired if trailing cattle too far.

I've said on here before that all I ever wanted was a Border Collie, the hubby said no because they tend to be "one boss" dogs and here we have at least 4 bosses (not counting me!) I had been around quite a few Corgis and liked them, and the hubby did too, so we looked for quite awhile and got Holly Thanksgiving weekend '04. I'm so glad we have her...and would highly recommend one to anybody.

Cheers--

TTB

HAYMAKER,

Our Corgi is roughly 30 lbs, every bit of it is muscle. He's about 2 ft long and a foot high. He loves to work cattle, sometimes gets over exhuberant, he will not quit, if a cow rolls him he'll barely make a noise, but that cow pays the price :nod: :nod: . He is great loading cows up in a trailer, he's low to the ground so he doesn't get kicked. When we have a day of riding, we don't give him a ride, he keeps up, never complains, but the next day he's a little gimpy and very tired and sleeps all day.

TTB's lil Corgi is a little thing, but so adorable and loveable, which makes them such neat lil doggies.

Was in Miles City yesterday, saw an ad for Corgi pups. 554-3555, I think was the number. I might call them up. I thought of all the people on ranchers.net that LOVE their Corgis. We have 2, (that's 2) dogs now, so I dunno about getting another one, but they are so darn cute!! And sounds like they help out, too!

I WANT ONE! :shock:

Faster horses said:
Was in Miles City yesterday, saw an ad for Corgi pups. 554-3555, I think was the number. I might call them up. I thought of all the people on ranchers.net that LOVE their Corgis. We have 2, (that's 2) dogs now, so I dunno about getting another one, but they are so darn cute!! And sounds like they help out, too!

I WANT ONE! :shock:

FH,
We have 3 other dogs, when they go, they will be replaced by Corgis, no discussion there. Get one, and you will never regret it. They are so totally adorable, and you almost adopt them as a kid. They are very smart and are very loyal. Hubby and daughter spent a whole year convincing me we had to get a Corgi, me and my bull headedness stuck it out for a year before giving in. Wish I had let them get one earlier :!:

Latest posts