• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corn crop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

By the way mn, when you say some will spend 50-100.00 to dry corn, what does that mean, per acre? That's a heck of a lot of money down the drain. Out here in western SD we have never had to dry corn with heat that is. I never understood why guys in the corn belt just don't plant a little shorter day corn and eliminate all the drying of grain that they do. I just read an article today about a guy in Indiana that planted some 93 to 100 day corn that yielded right up there with his 110 day corn and was 5 or 6 points drier. If these cool summers continue I'm going to have to start planting 90 day corn instead of 100 day corn. :?

If I am not mistaken, I have heard that 38% corn costs about $40/ MT to dry. That would be $120 - $160/ac.

Add to that the $18/MT discount for grade 4 corn due to poor test weight. And there are still lots of ads in the paper looking for land to rent?? :roll:

Still a lot of beans to come off around here. The corn is just nicely started and will take a long time due to the extremely high moisture.

Swede- that's right per acre!! Talked to our propane man what farmers are telling him is around 68.00 / acre. One elevator here went to .7 cents per point of h20. take 10 pts out that's 70 cents per bushel. 150 bushel's per acre is 105.00/ acre.

Talk around here is that propane is in short supply. We've booked and prepaid but now there is no guarantee that we will get it.

Snoopy dance everyone... We are combining sunflowers and they are prolly 12%.... Ditto to the cornstalks not being able to turn out.. We are waiting to wean so we can go to stalks.....

Latest posts