• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cost of beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
AMI complains that the price of beef is too high for the house wife for her children. I was in the grocery store today, whoa price of everything is high. You can spend $100 on non beef items and hardly fill a couple sacks.

rancher said:
AMI complains that the price of beef is too high for the house wife for her children..
But they can stop at McDonalds and spend $25 to $30.00 on half a doz crappy hamburgers and think nothing about it.

beef is still a good value compared to convenience items, but don't expect consumers to reach this conclusion by themselves. Its still all about promotion. What's easier than putting a chuck roast in a crock pot with some potatoes, carrots and an onion, but its up to us, cattlemen & beef producers to enlighten consumers.

Its still pretty easy to grill a bunch of peppers, ouions, and chicken breast like my wife did tonight. The bad news, the boneless skinless chicken breast only cost $1,59#. There are other choices for consumers when beef gets a little pricy.

la4angus said:
rancher said:
AMI complains that the price of beef is too high for the house wife for her children..
But they can stop at McDonalds and spend $25 to $30.00 on half a doz crappy hamburgers and think nothing about it.

It appears to me you fail to acknowledge the obvious. Mc D makes cheap burgers available to consumers who otherwise could not afford a burger or would choose to eat a competing product. Your example would suggest a burger at Mc D's cost a between $4.25-$5.00 per burger. You are only off by how many dollars per burger?????

agman said:
la4angus said:
rancher said:

It appears to me you fail to acknowledge the obvious. Mc D makes cheap burgers available to consumers who otherwise could not afford a burger or would choose to eat a competing product. Your example would suggest a burger at Mc D's cost a between $4.25-$5.00 per burger. You are only off by how many dollars per burger?????

Agman,I think he meant on the whole meal, the fries and drink with the crappy hamburger.

Latest posts