• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Couple of Bull Calves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yeah, the cow in the background is pretty cool. The heifer I picked out is very similar to that, only softer made...again, pic to come in few weeks.

Here is one of the bulls they will be taking to WL Sale out of the new herdsire:
Our%20boy%2031W-5.jpg

I won't be making it to that sale. But you think they should be upping their grain to have more fat cover for the sale?

No way would I recommend over feeding any bull. Have them in good flesh and let the chips fall where they may. But I am not buying a bull at Williams Lake. Maybe they outfits up there like them too fat. :???:

no i don't.the hi valley bulls are coming 2 year olds.at sale time, they need to be in good working condition.a little spit and polish.goes along ways.it takes time to develop a reoutation and develop a following of buyers who are willing to buy your bulls.

No way would I recommend over feeding any bull. Have them in good flesh and let the chips fall where they may

I agree with Leanin' H. Bulls are athletes. I don't care if it is for a sale, you buy one that is fat and when you bring him home he gets the sale bulls blues, and shrinks to nothing. We recently attended a production sale at Cottonwood Angus Farm in Pipestone, Minnesota. We had not gone to buy things, but you know how that goes. We ended up with four yearling heifers, two, two year old bred cows, and a three year old bred cow. None of the animals there were fat or over fed just for the sale. They sold them off pasture as is. Now that we have the girls home, we have trouble keeping them from getting fat. They are really easy doing kinda cattle. We love them. Being easy doin' refers to the amount of guts they got and how deep that flank it. If they are tucked up in that flank, ya don't want em...they just consume feed and have nothing to show for it.

Criteria i was taught for buying or showing bulls, nuts, butts and guts...if they ain't got these, then steer them and feed em...no good on your cows

Latest posts