• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cowboy job opening

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lilley!

I can't believe it!

You should know better than to put a reining saddle on a cuttin tick!

I suppose it would be possible to ride a cutting tick in a reining tick saddle, but who'd want to.

Now if you'd put a cuttin' saddle on that there tick, I'd step on board and see if I could cut a few tumblebugs out of the herd, but I ain't going to do it on no reinin' saddle!

:?

:wink:

Tick Riders are comon along the Rio Grande,The mission of the tick riders is simple: find smuggled or stray cattle with ticks and disinfect them by dipping them in vats of pesticide. Do the same for infected horses, sheep and deer that wander across 600 miles of winding border, from Del Rio to Brownsville,lonely life,and not to healthy either.............good luck

Well there you go. It all makes sense now. Don't believe I'll be applying for the job. :lol: I guess the tick rider probably doesn't spend much time worrying about which A.I. bulls have been instrumental in making positive change. Just guessing. Thanks for clearing that up, Hay Maker.

Hey, I just thaught I would post this in case someone was out of work, I know some tick riders, and I would consider this a great job for a single man.

Hey TwoRopes,

It was great that you posted the job.
Always remember that this family is full of Monkeys. We all like to play :)

And lord help us when we think something is amusing :) Very few on this team will drop the ball.

Sorry TWOROPES, I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

'Sides, it was all Lilly's fault! :p

:wink:

It was nice of you to let folks know about the job. Maybe we need a new place to post these job listings or people who are looking for jobs.

Whats everybody think?

Suppose Macon would go for it?

Maybe it's already under classifieds. :???:

I'd say it's appreciated that you posted the job opportunity. Usually the good ones are not well publicized. This site does have jobs listed in classifieds but they're hidden between the hundreds of would-be ranch managers and hands that are looking for work. It's fairly ridiculous, anybody that's ridden a horse once or twice is advertising that they're a manager for hire. But, I digress...

Thanks for posting, Two Ropes. Jinglebob is quite the hijacker, and then he ran across ten states with it! :wink:

High Plains said:
I'd say it's appreciated that you posted the job opportunity. Usually the good ones are not well publicized. This site does have jobs listed in classifieds but they're hidden between the hundreds of would-be ranch managers and hands that are looking for work. It's fairly ridiculous, anybody that's ridden a horse once or twice is advertising that they're a manager for hire. But, I digress...

Thanks for posting, Two Ropes. Jinglebob is quite the hijacker, and then he ran across ten states with it! :wink:

:oops:

I still say it all Lilly's fault, for getting me started. :p

:lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
I wondered about spotted ones... :wink:

OK,Katrina I thought I was a tick expert,but I give up whats a halter tick ?
plenty of spotted ticks fasterhorses,like Lilly said they can get in the darndest places..............good luck

Maybe I can change the subject a little and post this back here where it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, being a public forum and all. Here's the deal; We had a 21 year old guy work for us this Summer, and it was almost more work keeping him working and fixing his screw-ups than he was worth. As time progressed he got to loafing more and more, and as we got our cell phone bills for the phone we provided him we discovered that's pretty much all he did, was talk and text message a couple of girls and some of his friends, an unbelievable 4300 minutes for one month when he was supposed to be fencing in the Sandhills among other things. Clincher was that I discovered him stealing gas, like evidence of alot of gas, so I fired him. Naturally he did $3500 in damage to our house that he lived in on the way out. All of this is my problem, no big deal, and I believe there is a warrant issued for him in SD, but now a girl from our area has said that she was assaulted (to put it mildly) by him and, unfortunately, didn't press charges or even contact authorities because she was scared. My concern is that someone else will hire this sick pup and put their wife, daughter, or some other young lady in danger...besides the headaches he will cause just by being around. I suspect he is somewhere in the NE Panhandle. If someone needs more information I geuss they can send me a PM.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Here we go...who wants to volunteer to ride???

Saddled-Tick.jpg

this one even ground ties. :D Seems like a calm one...come on..who'll be the first???
8) Just readin through as I usually do--BUT this one deserves a prize.Too funny

TWOROPES said:
Hey, I just thaught I would post this in case someone was out of work, I know some tick riders, and I would consider this a great job for a single man.

TwoRopes,it probably would be a great job for a single or married man as far as that goes,just gettin a little dangerous down there,the drug cartels are fighting for turf,and they are shooting first and askin questions later,might get a little rough to accidently ride up on a few of them swimming some dope across the river ?...............good luck

Latest posts