• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cowboy, the blue heeler

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckerette

Reaction score
CowboyandMe.jpg

Cowboy and me.

I said awhile back that I would post a picture of my Cowboy. Here it is. Sorry it took so long. Just figured out the whole picture stuff.

Buckerette- Glad to see the pics of everybody-- kind of nice to know who you're talking to- makes it seem a little more like sitting on the porch talking when you can put a face to the name......Even makes old Haymaker and Northern Rancher seem half human when they're picking away at each other :lol:

I enjoyed looking at your website the other day-- I always wanted to raise bucking stock, but just aren't set up for bulls- raised some part draft bred bucking horses years ago.....Few years back a fellow wanted me to run some of Bergers young bulls for them- but I knew if I did that I wouldn't have a neighbor in 40 miles that would talk to me :lol: :lol: - those old 3 and 4 wire fences aren't set up for running bulls.....

Buckerette,

I musta missed something, You raise Bucking Stock????? How far away from the Powder River Outfit are you????? They were at the Caldwell Night Rodeo, had some of the best I have seen for a long time in the Northwest.....Good looking dog, you clean up pretty good to,

PPRM

Careful Buckerette you will over heat Haymaker. He has two weakness's Blondes and Blue heelers. I'm not sure which is his favorite tho. Oh yea and he likes Canadian Whiskey :wink: :cowboy:

You guys are too kind, thank you all.

Oldtimer - Those bergers sure do have a good set of bulls. We took bulls to Bismark in 2001 and had to leave our bulls at Berger's ranch in Madan. I didn't get to go, but from what I heard, they had quite a few of those good young bulls around. Don't blame you for not wanting to run any of them. We have 6 ft 6 strand barbwire on our place, corrals are all pipe 6' tall. Just in case.

PPRM - We are a little way from Hank (Powder River). We sold him a bull awhile ago, Knothead is what we called him. Northern Rancher was nice enough to post my website awhile back. It's down right now due to construction. When it's up again I'll post it so you can check it out.

Faster Horses - I'll try to post a picture of me after working cows all day. That may change things a little. :D :)

Buckerette!

You got any single sisters? If you do I think one of them could tame my forever single younger brother!

He is always complaining there are no women that like cattle, horses and dogs. He's wrong, because I got one - but he always says I got the LAST one.

Fine looking dog.

B.C.

Faster horses said:
The rest of us wouldn't dare post a picture of ourselves after seeing Buckerette!!

Oh, I don't know about that. I like to look at horses and can appreciate an aged mare just as much as a young filly! :lol:

The older mares are appreciated for what they have done and still take good care of themselves, while the fillies are appreciated for how they are built with anticipation for what they will do in the future!

I wouldn't trade my "older mare" for a :young filly". Waaayyy too much trainin' involved! :lol:

Broke Cowboy said:
Buckerette!

You got any single sisters? If you do I think one of them could tame my forever single younger brother!

He is always complaining there are no women that like cattle, horses and dogs. He's wrong, because I got one - but he always says I got the LAST one.

Fine looking dog.

B.C.

No, no sisters. 4 brothers and not one of them like cattle (not that that matters for this post, just interesting to me). I know women that like Cowboys but not cattle, horses and/or dogs. It's like the song say "what you goin' to do with a Cowboy when he don't saddle up and ride away." Those girls are easy to find. Wish your brother luck for me, they are out there. I have a friend that will probably be single soon. If something comes up, maybe we can play cupid.

shorthorn said:
I doubt it! But that is a nice looking dog.

I'm assuming the name shorthorn because that's what you run. We had a Shorthorn that we crossed with a brindle bull, the bull calf was (or is) a bucking son of a buck. Pretty too! I never would have geussed she would have such a such a great bucker. She died a year after he was born. Not sure what happened. Went out to check on her and she was dead, heart failure from the autoposy, but she wasn't old and didn't see what caused heart failure. Sad thing.

We actually run a commercial herd. All colors that you could imagine. But we only run shorthorn bull's. I so love the breed for what it has done for me in the pasture and sale barn that i used the name. I am glad that our calves dont buck thou! lol Hope that your sidekick gets better.

shorthorn said:
We actually run a commercial herd. All colors that you could imagine. But we only run shorthorn bull's. I so love the breed for what it has done for me in the pasture and sale barn that i used the name. I am glad that our calves dont buck thou! lol Hope that your sidekick gets better.

:D

Latest posts