• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cowboyup checkin in from south Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowboyup

Reaction score
It has been an interesting run since I have had to leave the ranch. I got snowed in with friends at Elk Mountain WY with friends and then stopped at a friends place in Denver when they had 2 feet of snow. When I left there I drove down I25 into Northern New Mexico (I really enjoyed southern colorado and northern New Mexico) then east to Amarillo and on down to the Midland-Odessa area. After a few days of looking for work there, I ended up with a job just west of Corpus Christi in Alice Texas. I am driving truck hauling sand to the oil wells and while the money isn't as good as I hoped at least I'm not freezing to death....I haven't wore a coat since the eleventh of February!
Driving truck is sure alot different than operating a ranch. I sure miss the ranch and my horses and cows and especially the quiet. I guess always onward and hope that some day life will circle back where I can have my own ranch again. In the meantime I am getting to see a lot of different country, some pretty and some not so pretty, albeit a lot of it at night. Highway 281 north of San Antonio to Dallas is sure worth the drive if you ever get the chance. I really would like to have a chance someday to spend some time and look it over a little better.
I sure hope everyone is doing good and calving is going well. I was very sorry to hear about Northern Rancher, seems like the good ones always go too soon. Glad to see Jinglebob is on here again I sure have missed hearing from him the last couple of years.
Well I guess I should go, hope everything is good and you get the spring and summer rains that you will need after a mild winter and may you never have to leave the ranch before you are ready to go.

Go Easy
Cowboyup

P.S. Green is a really good color :!:

Good to hear from you Cowboyup- and glad to hear you're making do as well as you are...

Don't come visit here for awhile- as I just started calving and don't want that snow following you :wink: :lol:

cowboyup said:
It has been an interesting run since I have had to leave the ranch. I got snowed in with friends at Elk Mountain WY with friends and then stopped at a friends place in Denver when they had 2 feet of snow. When I left there I drove down I25 into Northern New Mexico (I really enjoyed southern colorado and northern New Mexico) then east to Amarillo and on down to the Midland-Odessa area. After a few days of looking for work there, I ended up with a job just west of Corpus Christi in Alice Texas. I am driving truck hauling sand to the oil wells and while the money isn't as good as I hoped at least I'm not freezing to death....I haven't wore a coat since the eleventh of February!
Driving truck is sure alot different than operating a ranch. I sure miss the ranch and my horses and cows and especially the quiet. I guess always onward and hope that some day life will circle back where I can have my own ranch again. In the meantime I am getting to see a lot of different country, some pretty and some not so pretty, albeit a lot of it at night. Highway 281 north of San Antonio to Dallas is sure worth the drive if you ever get the chance. I really would like to have a chance someday to spend some time and look it over a little better.
I sure hope everyone is doing good and calving is going well. I was very sorry to hear about Northern Rancher, seems like the good ones always go too soon. Glad to see Jinglebob is on here again I sure have missed hearing from him the last couple of years.
Well I guess I should go, hope everything is good and you get the spring and summer rains that you will need after a mild winter and may you never have to leave the ranch before you are ready to go.

Go Easy
Cowboyup

P.S. Green is a really good color :!:

OK I know I haven't been on here to much lately, but what happen to Northern Rancher? I have been bussy adding on to a house getting hay fields ready, and keeping track of 500 yearlings. Poor family has seen me to much lately, I just about live on a tractor or truck.

Sadly, Northern Rancher has passed away Trinityman. I'll try and find
the thread for you. It's a fairly long thread, I don't know how to
bring it over here except like this:

Ranch Talk

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:31 am Post subject: Northern Rancher

From phantom:

"We lost Nothern Rancher last night. I would have liked just one more road trip. He will be missed on this forum. He always had something to share. "

And after that Dylan Biggs posted a poem about NR on another
thread he started.
He certainly is missed here...

Faster horses said:
Sadly, Northern Rancher has passed away Trinityman. I'll try and find
the thread for you. It's a fairly long thread, I don't know how to
bring it over here except like this:

Ranch Talk

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:31 am Post subject: Northern Rancher

From phantom:

"We lost Nothern Rancher last night. I would have liked just one more road trip. He will be missed on this forum. He always had something to share. "

And after that Dylan Biggs posted a poem about NR on another
thread he started.
He certainly is missed here...

I am sorry sorry to hear this. I have been so busy lately I haven't been on here that much to keep up. :cry: A big pray goes out to Northern Ranchers family. I will try to check in more offen.

Latest posts