• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crackdown on feeding cows marijuana

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4257255.stm

I guess this would be one way to put your cows at ease. But, the munchies might cause serious depletions in the feed bin.

In Oregon there's been several pushes at allowing the growing of commercial Hemp. I really know very little other than this strain isn't the smoked kind. I was at one point interested in the feed value as one use was going to create a lot of straw or grazing stubble as I recall. it's been awhile though,

PPRM

PPRM said:
In Oregon there's been several pushes at allowing the growing of commercial Hemp. I really know very little other than this strain isn't the smoked kind. I was at one point interested in the feed value as one use was going to create a lot of straw or grazing stubble as I recall. it's been awhile though,

PPRM

I think you would need one helluva a baler to bale that stuff.unless you intended to graze the swaths.
Neighbour grew hemp beside the home place.That stuff was 7 to 8 ft tall.

The Nebraska legislature has also stopped an effort to grow it legally. Makes no sense. You can't smoke it (well I guess you can smoke anything, but you'll get just as high smoking lettuce as this stuff), and if someone was raising the good stuff nearby, the hemp would cross pollinate and actually ruin the illegal crop. It would make another crop available to farmers and requires much less water than corn.

A little story - my cousin and I were coming home from college or going back, can't rememeber. We pulled off the highway onto a gravel road to take a leak and saw a state trooper car drive by. We were congratulating ourselves on how lucky we were to miss meeting him when we suddenly realized that we were standing in a ditch weed patch that reached way over our heads. We wasted no time in getting out of there!

Latest posts